The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Bladewind »

How long would Lindsey need for his ritual ?
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Kirinke actually already answered that in the OOC ;)
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Methinks Bladewind actually wants Lindsay to say it. :oops:
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Nope. Bladewind missed the OOC. Sorry ! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Juggling weekend stuff ATM, managed to get a build up in another thread and will try to post this evening if not tomorrow morning.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Kar'Anna Maraneth
Condition: Normal
HP: 1
Neo-Paladin wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:25 am "Democratic Republic of the Congo, last April. Zombie outbreak leaves more than 800 people dead", Lindsey responded coldly. " And yes, with some prep time, I can find out if there are undead nearby and what kind they are. By the way...you might want to look at the official homepage of the DXDO for a classification of the known strains of vampirism that have crossed over..."
The Drow priestess shudders. Clearly, undead were not her thing.

"If I can be of assistance, let me know." She said to Lindsey. "I have a bad feeling about this."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Lindsey can relatively easily prep a ritual, with or without a trigger. The location that you plan to visit, oddly enough, does not register any presence of undead. If Kar'Anna assists or does a similar search, she also won't find undead but will find that the area resonates with the Force. Something is masking the presence, but when actively looking there is no question. The El Rey itself reads as a blindspot to the Force. Something that you'd miss if searching on the ground, but that stands out when searching from afar.

Kobra's prefered rest spot when visiting the El Rey is, of all things, a Best Western. It's easy to get reservations for whatever number of rooms you require/ desire. Up to you to find a spot to park your Puddle Jumper.

If Kar'Anna is so inclined, there are a few Ancient Devices that can be located that will provide a temporary cover in the form of a holographic image to not frighten the locals. McKay goes on about how they're mostly useless to you though as you need someone with the ATA gene to activate them. He mentions that even with gene therapy applications, none of you will be able to use the devices in time. He suggests more mundane disguises and that Rand can probably take off his armor.

OOC - I know and you know that you have the ATA Gene, Rand. But McKay doesn't.

Shannon can, should she be so inclined, get access to satellite surveillance of the El Rey. You will see what mostly appear to be ordinary people coming and going. However, there are three or four beings that keep extremely odd hours, and only facial recognition and digital enhancement permits extrapolation. The Atlantis database, hooked into the various government databases on XDs, predicts a probability of the presence of Orion women and at least one Twi'Lek. It fails to identify one human looking being as human, the figure's presence being extremely heavy and dark to the various imaging tools. And, the El Rey shows no evidence of being part of an ancient Mayan temple.

Treat this information as unshared until the addressees, well, share it.
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

S & S

OOC: Heck, if Scotty's feeling cooperative, Shannon can get her own satellites put in place (seriously, Manticoran warships carry them as a matter of course). With 20th century PD Manticoran sensor suites, not 21st century AD American ones ... :D :D :D

"What do you think of our mystery figure, Sherlock?" Shannon says as she's going though the surveillance take. "Heavy worlder or something even more exotic?"

<<Hard to say. Not everything from a heavy-gravity world is big, as you well know.>> He signed.

"Here's what I've got from the raw satellite take and Atlantis databases." She says, then explains her findings to the others.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Bladewind wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:12 am OOC - I know and you know that you have the ATA Gene, Rand. But McKay doesn't.
His people scanned us when we first got to Atlantis. Surprising that wasn't in Rand's file.

Rand will fess up to possessing this 'ATA' gene, as evidenced by Atlantean scanners. He asks if there was anything like a personal holographic generator he could borrow as he is loathe to go in to a hostile situation without his armor. [If not, can he use his Inventor feat to cobble together one?]
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Rand can either cobble one together, or obtain Ancient Tech that will do the job. My plan is that it will work like an invention - for the scene where you activate it. So more or less arrival, check in and enough time to get you to the El Rey incongito. And no, I`m not planning to pull an RIPD, unless you guys want to go that route.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl decides to go more or less as herself, figuring that as an adventurer, being in odd company is bog-standard and since she's known to keep very odd company indeed, it wouldn't be out of character for her to be in their presence.

For the most part, she plays and trains with her pokemon, giving out tips to any who are curious while she waits for everyone else to get ready.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

After some low-key chanting over a map, throwing of dust onto same map and some more chanting as well as pricking his finger with a knife to let some drops of blood fall into the dust, Lindsey shakes his head.
" No undead close by. No vampires, zombies, Nightwalkers or Devourers..."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Well that's a relief," she said heartfeltedly. "Now all we have to worry about is the living monsters. They're easier to deal with...."

Battle Init
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

kirinke wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:55 pm"Well that's a relief," she said heartfeltedly. "Now all we have to worry about is the living monsters. They're easier to deal with...."
"And the odd robot." Shannon mentions.

She'll keep using her uniform's "smart fabric" function to mimic business attire, but won't attempt any further disguise. And there really wasn't a good way to make Sherlock look like anything but a Sphinxian Treecat... but honestly not a lot of people on this Earth knew what that was, and of those, most would be inclined to let one do what he wanted.
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Kar'Anna Maraneth
Condition: Normal
HP: 1
Neo-Paladin wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:59 pm " No undead close by. No vampires, zombies, Nightwalkers or Devourers..."
kirinke wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:55 pm "Well that's a relief," she said heartfeltedly. "Now all we have to worry about is the living monsters. They're easier to deal with...."
"That sounds like my cue." Kar'Anna steps forward and produced a pendulum. Holding it above the map she lets it swing. The pendant bounces off a small section no matter what direction it comes in from.

"I used my own abilities, and while I'm using my powers to replicate the results, that spot is actively repelling my senses."

The spot is, as Blade said, the El Rey.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Into the Houndoom's den is it?" she said dryly. "Let's go meet the wicked sith of the south then."

Battle Init