The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Bladewind »

The wind is howling at your neck, pushing against you. There is an incessant beeping sound. Its difficult to catch your breath. The air feels wrong, charged with electricity almost. Rain pelts your faces.

The slightest movement causes you to start spinning. You lose all sense of up or down for a moment, the sense of down returning as you realize you are falling from a great height. Lighting strikes against the sky, the color is off but you hardly notice.

The beeping is getting worse, and you realize its coming from something attached to your chest. More accurately, the straps cross your chest and hold something to your back. The beeping is getting faster, and it looks like the ground is coming closer... For those for whom panic would start to set in, now is about when the screaming starts. Others might start slamming the beeping device. In tandem with the beeping, you see blinking lights. The sound and the flashing get faster and faster until...

Snap !

A parachute deploys and you descent slows! You are still falling too fast to gain a controlled descent if you have anything resemble parachute training, and you realize you are above a canopy of trees. You hit the canopy, branches scraping and pulling until mercifully, it's over. The ground takes the wind from your lungs.

Those that made the Expertise check... are immediately reminded of Predators.

Which begs the question... what planet is this ?!?

OOC:
In order of initiative, you are able to regain your feet, on your turn you can locate another on the list, or someone else not on the character list. (There are at least 5 others that fell from the sky with you.)

The DC of the Expertise check was 15, 20 for XDs with limited or no knowledge of 20th/ 21st century Earth movies. I find it hilarious that Lindsey did not make the check... (along with Amy, Sherlock and Kal'Annar...)

Those that made the check... are immediately reminded of Predators.

Code: Select all

Character          Init       Toughness     Expertise
Amaryllis (Amy)    26         19             9
Niisha             24         11            22
Al'Thir            22         14            26
Lindsey            17          9            12
Shannon            15         20            22
Sherlock           15         20            19
Kal'Annar          14         16             9
* Ranked in order of Init
** Toughness DC was 15.
*** Everyone starts with 2HP, plus one for every degree of failure received from the fall.
Last edited by Bladewind on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand Al'Thir
CND: Bruised
HP: 2+1(fall)=3

Consciousness was slow in coming but when it did Randin Al'Thir almost wished for the blackness of stupor once more. Ironically it was the strap of the parachute that kept Rand from activating the rocket pack that would have made falling a moot concern. As it was, he hit hard, knees protesting the awkward roll that left him on his back in the forested dirt. "Drek. Drek! Heaping piles 'o' Bantha Drek!" he swore for those in his immediate vicinity.

Why was this so familiar? Oh, of course! This was practically required viewing these post-Merge days among his mercenary companions... back when he had those of course. "Drek!" he swore once more, though that last was a little muted, given the circumstances.
[Not taking actions yet since not my turn in initiative. (hoping swearing is a free action).]
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy HP 1, LP 3, condition Cranky but unhurt

"!@#$$%%" the girl swore, as she got up, the landing was very hard, but fortunately she was more or less in one piece and as her vision cleared, she saw people strewn around her, more or less in the same situation. Flicking out her hand, she summoned her companions, a small, sleek, cat-like creature with dark fur, banded by yellow circles and a yellow and brown banded mouse like creature from what looked like fancy black and gold balls. "Alma, help me heal these people. Peekaboo. Guard." she looked around. "What the hell is going on around here?" she asked as she set to work, her own medic and survival training kicking in. The more able bodied people she had around her, the better the chances of everyone living.

The cat like creature trilled something like Umbreon, Bre... "Got it. This isn't the Pine Barrens."

"And I left the decanter at camp, damnit." she cursed. "Hi name's Amy. Does anyone here know what's going on?"

The mouse-like creature stalked around the camp and whistled something that sound like Pikaaa. "I don't think we're on earth anymore. The scents and noises I'm picking up are so strange."

ooc
8 Amy's Treatment http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=149841 (Not stellar)
13 Amy's Healing: Healing 6 (Stabilize) http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=149842

22 Alma's Healing Moonlight: http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=149855

26 Peekaboo's Perception: http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=149857
Sense: hearing, Darkvision, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended: hearing 1: x10, Extended: sight 1: x10, Extended: smell 1: x10, Ultra-hearing)
Last edited by kirinke on Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Shannon & Sherlock
Condition: Undamaged, but very confused
HP: 2

Shannon

Obviously, I should have packed a contra-grav unit. Never mind that I'm not one of those hang-gliding crazy Sphinxians, it would still be a lot safer than trusting air-supported fabric to keep me from getting killed. Shannon thought as she was falling. Or worn Marine battle armor. Never mind that I'm not a Marine and never trained in anything heavier than light tactical armor. They've got retro-rockets which despite not being designed for the purpose can keep you from landing in exactly the wrong place in a pinch. And I'm sure this isn't a dream because...

A vision of a miniature suit of six-legged power armor popped into her head, and there was only one place that could have come from. Very much on the plus side, that means he is still alive. On the down side, he appears to be stuck in something out of a 1st or 2nd century ante diaspora 'movie' with me.

Sherlock

Looks Under Leaves knew jungles existed. He'd seen the memory songs Laughs Brightly had passed on from when he and Dances on Clouds had been trapped on what the two-legs called 'Hell' when they talked about and Hades in formal reports. And others from Torch. In fact, he thought that there were some areas of jungle even on his bondmate's home world. But there weren't any on Sphinx. And he was fairly certain People didn't like them much, wherever they were. At least he could sense that Shannon was around here somewhere. He wouldn't mind some clever device from her people himself.
OOC: Will have post-landing actions once their turns come up. Shannon and Sherlock should be able to find each other due to their bond
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Niisha
Condition: Bruised
HP: 3 - LP: 3

It was funny, Niisha pondered as she sat on the moss-covered log trying her best to ignore the dull throb in her head, how strangely the mind worked sometimes. Her first thought upon seeing the canopy of jungle trees rushing up to greet her was not elation at the thought that she'd somehow found her way home to Jamuraa, nor was it a fear for her life when she inevitability hit something solid. She'd thought instead of that insipid movie she'd watched just last week on the Netflix. Predators... she'd scoffed. There were things lurking in the nights of her native Urborg that made the titular creatures look like mewling kittens. She knew, because her mother had been one of those things.

The fall had been a thing of chaos. She couldn't quite piece together the chain of events that had brought her here, but that may have been largely attributable to the thick branch which had struck her across the right side of her head as she'd tumbled through the trees. Her head was still buzzing from the impact it had made. Thankfully she'd managed to avoid further damage upon hitting the ground, but it wasn't particularly surprising. She always landed on her feet.

Wherever it was that she now found herself, it was not Jamuraa. The smell was all wrong. She was in the process of clearing the branch-induced cobwebs from her head when a voice rang out from somewhere behind her and to the left. 'Drek' was a new word, as was 'bantha'. The distress in the speaker's voice was clear as day though; she could recognize cursing in any language. If he was struggling then he likely wasn't the one responsible for her being here, and she was less then keen on being alone in a strange wood. She forced herself up from the log and moved towards the source of the voice.

Niisha came upon him laying on his back in the jungle detritus. Apparently his descent had been no more pleasant then her own.

"Are you well, friend? Can you stand?"

Though her words were genial, she kept some distance. One couldn't be too careful.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey
Condition: Bruised, Dazed
HP 4

" Ooomph!" Lindsey felt the air forced from his lungs by that last branch he managed to hit on the way down. The former lawyer tried his best to roll after the fall, having at the very least seen enough paratroopers do it in media -but the end result was not particularly helpful, leading to a twisted ankle and more bruises than he'd had since he took out that vampire nest a month ago.
Looking around, he found, with just a twinge of unease, that he had absolutely no idea where he was. Or how he'd gotten there.
Another...Merge? I hope not...things have been weird enough already...
Then again, it would be just like the universe to pull the rug from under his feet just as he'd begun to make sense of his position in life again.
Sighing, he fumbled for his dagger and, upon finding it, concentrated, working the spell he'd incorporated into the sorcerous matrix that made him just a tad bit more than human. The blade shuddered...and elongated, soon turning into a longsword.
Now, at least, he was not defenseless...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Randin Al'Thir
CND: Healthy
HP:3
"Hi name's Amy. Does anyone here know what's going on?"

Rand grunted as he heard the voices, then a midnight black Cat with strange markings came up to him and freakin' glowed. All of a sudden it felt like he'd had a bacta bath, his knees no longer protested. The the Cat moved on.
MissRo wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:03 pm Niisha

"Are you well, friend? Can you stand?"

Though her words were genial, she kept some distance. One couldn't be too careful.
Rand looked around for the new voice. A Bothan was there, watching him warily. He got the [empathic] sense that she was cautious and confused. She was dressed like a non-com (non-combattant) so that meant Diplomat or Spy... the professions that race favored.

"Hey, gimme a nanosec." he says.

Sitting up and starting the careful process of getting to his feet when he didn't want to startle another.

"I'm not here on contract." he says in tones meant to be reassuring. "In fact I'm pretty sure our only mission will be to survive what's comin'. My name's Rand and if'n my guess is correct we're in a deep mess o' trouble. Are you armed, Lady?" He asks not expecting much. He'll finish extracting himself from the parachute but gather in the light material as he talks. He might find use for it. He looks around for the source of the first voice as well, sizing up friend or foe.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy HP 1, LP 3, condition guarded but friendly

The girl waved as she set about healing whomever needed it. "Name's Amy. The Umbreon over there is Alma and the Pikachu is Peekaboo. I'm always armed." she said soberly. "Psychic pokemon trainer." she looked around. "Do you have any idea who snatched us and why? Cuz this definitely ain't the Pine Barrens of New Jersey and my contract to ahh pick up a decanter of endless water from a crazed sorcerer just flew the coop. Which means I certainly want to have words with whomever is responsible for this boondoggle."
Last edited by kirinke on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Battle Init
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Shannon & Sherlock

Sherlock and Shannon headed straight for each other upon waking up, ignoring anyone and anything else until they caught sight of each other.

"At least you're an arboreal, little guy." She said to her friend. Though the vegetation was pretty thick on the ground

<<This isn't exactly picketwood>> The treecat signed back. (OOC: If you can understand American Sign Language, you can understand Sherlock's signing, except possibly when he's referring to plants and animals native to Sphinx or using Manticoran slang.)

"What do you think of that group over there?" She asks.

<<Too muddled to get a good read.>>

When the man -- whose garb was tingling something in the back of the stack of ancient books she'd read and 'movies' she'd watched while prepping to visit Earth Prime -- asked one of the others if she were armed, she answered anyway.

"I've got a pulser. I don't know how that will stack up against what we might run into, though. And, well, it's never a good idea to consider a Sphinxian treecat unarmed." Sherlock revealed a single claw on one of his true-hands. "Lt. Cmdr. Shannon Bradley, Royal Manticoran Navy. But don't expect me to fend off a fleet bare-handed; I'm in Intelligence, not tactical." She said. "And for those who are fortunate enough to be neither telepaths nor fluent in sign, my friend here is Sherlock."

<<Fortunate?>>
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

There were noises...voices. Lindsey frowned. In his chosen line of work - hell, even before that - it had never paid to approach any kind of stranger without a contingency plan and means of dispatching them. So, he kept his sword at the ready, watching the strangers for a moment. Apparently, they were as confused as he was...

Sure, some were not human, but he'd worked with demons before, even represented a score of them in court. Plus, since the Merge, you really couldn't tell by looks alone. Not even by names...the sheer variety of vampires alone was staggering...and horrifying.

" Does anyone here have any idea how we got here?" he asked as he stepped into the small clearing.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand
CND: Healthy
HP:3
kirinke wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:57 pm Amy HP 1, LP 3, condition guarded but friendly
"Do you have any idea who snatched us and why? Cuz this definitely ain't the Pine Barrens of New Jersey and my contract to ahh pick up a decanter of endless water from a crazed sorcerer just flew the coop. Which means I certainly want to have words with whomever is responsible for this boondoggle."
drothgery wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:57 pm Shannon & Sherlock
"I've got a pulser. I don't know how that will stack up against what we might run into, though. And, well, it's never a good idea to consider a Sphinxian treecat unarmed." Sherlock revealed a single claw on one of his true-hands. "Lt. Cmdr. Shannon Bradley, Royal Manticoran Navy. But don't expect me to fend off a fleet bare-handed; I'm in Intelligence, not tactical." She said. "And for those who are fortunate enough to be neither telepaths nor fluent in sign, my friend here is Sherlock."
"I'll assume boondoggle refers to the sitch we're in now. If I'm right, we're facing a race known as The Predators. Don't know how many there are. Don't know if this is a veteran hunt or a training for younglings. Though a Bothan diplomat, a non-tac officer, and a psychic pokemon trainer not much beyond youngling herself, would not be a very honorable hunt for a veteran Predator. As fer myself, there are more skilled warriors than I that'd be better sport fer the likes o' them. Not that I give our odds all that great, regardless."

"In some historical documents they were shown to have cloaking capabilities, advanced visual imaging sensors with a default of thermal, and a drek-ton of deadly ranged and bladed weapons."
Rand checks his own fuel levels and battery status. He switches his helmet to an infravision and tracking overlay as well and tunes to monitor radio transmissions.
" Does anyone here have any idea how we got here?"
Rand noted the newcomer absently - an unarmored male with a... sword. Oh goodie. This day just kept on getting better.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

"I'll assume boondoggle refers to the sitch we're in now. If I'm right, we're facing a race known as The Predators. Don't know how many there are. Don't know if this is a veteran hunt or a training for younglings. Though a Bothan diplomat, a non-tac officer, and a psychic pokemon trainer not much beyond youngling herself, would not be a very honorable hunt for a veteran Predator. As fer myself, there are more skilled warriors than I that'd be better sport fer the likes o' them. Not that I give our odds all that great, regardless."
Amy chuckled and sobered. "You don't know much about pokemon trainers do you? I'm a dex holder." she said as her pokemon sat beside her, though the Pikachu's ears were straight up and flicking this way and that. "We tend to be a cut above the normal trainers and before the merge I grew up in a small Alaskan fishing village. Year round." she shrugged. "I can read minds, understand just about any language, heal people, move things with my mind and blast them through a wall just by thinking hard about it if needs be." she nodded to her critters.

"Alma is an Umbreon. That's a dark type pokemon. She can basically suck the life right out of you if she needs to, her bite is deadly and she can also send out a wave of darkness that can also blast you through a wall. Not to mention the fact she can also heal."

She patted Peekaboo on the head, careful to keep away from his cheeks. "This is a Pikachu, an electric type pokemon. He has a variety of electric attacks that can seriously damage you, well if you aren't made of rock or earth and can hit you with enough force to break your back if necessary. Both have highly tuned senses of hearing, sight and scent." she shook her head. "I think our companions here also have qualities that aren't so apparent, otherwise these things wouldn't have snatched them."

"So. We're here and from what you've told us, we're going to be hunted very soon if we aren't already." she stood up. "I don't like that very much. Let's take the hunt to them." she said grimly, in a way that no ordinary fourteen year old should be (most would be panicking right now in fact). "I'm nobody's trophy."

"!@#$ straight." Peekaboo growled out in agreement. "I'm not going to be any glorified Meowth's lunch."

ooc
For anybody who isn't a telepath or has comprehend, the most you're going to hear is the pokemon saying varients on their names. Though from their tone, you can kinda guess what they're saying.

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Randin

"Amy, was it? I can appreciate the fire and I'losh in your blood, Girl. And let's hope they underestimated you. Might give us an edge in surviving. I certainly appreciated the healing. Let's make sure we're all in fighting, or at least running, form." he indicates the swordsman that just joined who was favoring a leg no doubt from his own rough landing.

"Unfortunately we're in a battleground of there choosing. We don't have a clue where they are coming from. I'll do an aerial recon soon. It'll make me stand out as a target but even an attack on me gives us more data." he says, his tone a bit too casual about taking fire from unknown high tech weaponry.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Amy, was it? I can appreciate the fire and I'losh in your blood, Girl. And let's hope they underestimated you. Might give us an edge in surviving. I certainly appreciated the healing. Let's make sure we're all in fighting, or at least running, form." he indicates the swordsman that just joined who was favoring a leg no doubt from his own rough landing.
"Right, sir if you need it, I can heal you if you're hurt. Like he said, we need everyone we can get ready for what's coming. Cuz from what he's saying, it's not gonna be fun." she offered.

"Unfortunately we're in a battleground of there choosing. We don't have a clue where they are coming from. I'll do an aerial recon soon. It'll make me stand out as a target but even an attack on me gives us more data." he says, his tone a bit too casual about taking fire from unknown high tech weaponry.
Peekaboo perked up. "Like helping a kid trainer on his first outing to get a partner." he chuckled. "Hey, Amy, mind if I join him on his recon? If these guys use hi-tech gear, it should fry pretty good with a well aimed Thunder or Thunder Shock." the Pikachu offered.

Amy nodded. "You're right." she looked at Rand. "Peekaboo offered to go with you on your recon. He's small, but he should hopefully be able to pack an extra punch if they decide to take a pot shot at you. While you're up there, see if you can find a source of water and a place for us to hole up that's semi-defensible. Or at least better than standing out in the open."

Her own survival instincts were kicking in, once the anger at being snatched lessened. Strange place, take stock of the situation (recon), find a water source and a place to hole up then plan.
Last edited by kirinke on Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Battle Init
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Niisha

As her senses cleared, Niisha became aware of two things; there were considerably more people in the immediate vicinity then she'd initially assumed, and she'd gotten much wetter from the rain during her fall then she was comfortable with. The mana-infused raiment that Jolrael had given her many years ago was soaked and clinging, and she was resisting a particularly strong urge shake the water off. A rather undignified reflex that, but it was like trying not to scratch an intense itch.
"I'm not here on contract." he says in tones meant to be reassuring. "In fact I'm pretty sure our only mission will be to survive what's comin'. My name's Rand and if'n my guess is correct we're in a deep mess o' trouble. Are you armed, Lady?"
"I am Niisha," she replied simply. She'd gotten into the habit of omitting her titles, since nobody she'd run into since the Merge had had the slightest clue of their significance. The 'lady' was nice, at least. "and no, I am not armed, as such." She didn't bother correcting him when he seemed to refer to her as 'bothan', since she wasn't entirely sure if he was simply mistaken about her race or origin, or if bothan was a compliment of some sort. She chose to assume it meant 'breathtaking', then let it go.

It had long been Niisha's policy to listen first, think second, and talk third so she offered nothing further and took in the stories and concerns of the others who continued to emerge from the jungle. Quiet an eclectic group it was, too, but each seemed to be capable in their own way. The human male with the longsword, who'd yet to identify himself, was particularly intriguing. Amy the psion with her talking pets. Rand in his tin suit, who seemed somewhat eager for combat. Shannon who had yet to let go of her titles, accompanied by yet another talking pet. She noted them all in her head, and let them make their assumptive plans.

Perhaps the Predator creatures of the movie really were involved in what was happening here. Perhaps they didn't even exist. With the chaos of the Merge, nothing was certain. Either way, Niisha was more then comfortable letting the man in the suit of artifice and the talking rat stick their heads up first. She pressed closer to the tree by which she stood to avoid the falling droplets of rain and watched, and listened.

OOC: Perception Check: 1D20+13 = [19]+13 = 32, Extended Hearing 1
Last edited by MissRo on Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.