The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1702
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Bladewind » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:00 am

(I'm operating under the assumption that you follow Kar'Anna's lead, as she seems to not be giving you much choice.)

The couch lifts into the air under the Drow Force Witch's power. With her concentration on the couch, someone needs to open the door and swing it open. Being a hotel, these doors don't stay open on their own, so the best way to open the door is to grab and pull back, using the door as cover while exposing the hallway to view.

Unfortunately, your suite is not the end of the hallway, but sort of midway down. This essentially means you don't have a view all the way down, but fortunately also means that there isn't a clear path for snipers to set up shop and have clear sight into the room.

You see what appears to be two people in black armor/ uniforms akin to what you saw a few days ago, but no clear markings to rank or allegiance. There is a third being standing in the doorway, poised to knock.

Image

Initiative and intentions? Opening the door does not count as an action but I would like to know who's behind it now.

Kar'Anna 22
Amy 15
Lindsey
Rand
Shannon
Sherlock

Secktor
Goon 1
Goon 2
Other Goons ?
Last edited by Bladewind on Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

kirinke
Posts: 1318
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by kirinke » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:05 am

AMY

"Rand, they need our help." she said worriedly. "I'm fine, honestly! Let's go!"

ooc
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=207585 init 15
I never seem to get a high init score. Ever! :lol:

drothgery
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:29 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by drothgery » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:49 am

S & S

Shannon waits for now, preferring to let others do the talking... and for Sherlock to get a 'read' of the newcomers.
But she has her pulser in her hand.
Shannon init; Sherlock init: 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26
1D20+10 = [13]+10 = 23


Mind Reading 6, limited to emotions, DC 16 from our six-limbed furry friend.
Last edited by drothgery on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2179
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:04 am

Rand seems to hesitate before extending his arms toward the young psychic, offering transport back to the hotel. Hopefully no one closed the door to the balcony.
"Something pithy this way comes."

Neo-Paladin
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:48 am

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Neo-Paladin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:21 am

Lindsey

Given that he's closest to the door, he is the one to rapidly pull it open, at the same time whispering another trigger word, feeling another one of his tattoos prickle, then alight with a short-lived pain before his blade erupts into bright flames.

kirinke
Posts: 1318
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by kirinke » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:45 pm

AMY

The girl clung to Rand as they flew back, a lot less fast than the first time, though it still took her breath away. "Guys, before you start, remember, you're on the top floor of a building that wasn't designed for a magical-force-fire-massive loads of violence fight in mind." she mentally told them and figured that whomever she fought could probably hear as well. She wasn't exactly shielding the mental missive anyway. She also sent an image of the entire party falling through the floor looking rather surprised as added emphasis.
Last edited by kirinke on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2179
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:51 am

//Remember, Amy'll have to delay until init 11 then Rand can get the two of them back. So we won't be there for the start of the fight.
"Something pithy this way comes."

kirinke
Posts: 1318
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by kirinke » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:07 am

OOC
i kinda figured it'd be something like that. But a warning? That's okay. :lol:

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1702
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Bladewind » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:26 am

Shannon 26
Sektor Init: 1d20+7 26
Sherlock 23
Kar'Anna 22
Amy 15
Lindsey 11
Rand 11 (Arriving round two)
Goon 1 - 4
Goon 2 - 4
Other Goons ?

Shannon is up, followed by Sektor.
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

drothgery
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:29 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by drothgery » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:46 am

Shannon quickly tries to size up the newcomers, but declines to say anything or shoot first and ask questions later.

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1702
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Bladewind » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:06 am

For Shannon:

Attack - Higher (+9)
Defense- Higher

This thing is a fighting machine - literally. The way it carries itself suggests highly skilled unarmed combatant.
The form is familiar - from one of those fighting games that people of this world find so interesting. Would have fit very well back in the arena you were at a few days ago. Immoral Combat? no, Mortal Kombat. One of several "palette swaps," whatever that means in the context.

Sektor notices the couch and launches a missile in a show of force directly from his chest, completely obliterating Kar'Anna's impromptu weapon.

That brings us to Sherlock
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

drothgery
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:29 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by drothgery » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:48 am

Shannon & Sherlock

"I guess you're not interested in talking, then?" Shannon said.

Sherlock was disinclined to try and talk down anyone who'd fired a missile at any of his person's allies, and tried to tangle up Sektor's legs. However, he didn't have much luck.

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1702
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Bladewind » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:58 am

Nope. Kar'Anna is up.
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

User avatar
Jewel
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:12 am

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Jewel » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:06 am

Kar'Anna Maraneth
Condition: Normal
HP: 1 (0)

Her floating battering ram out of commission before she could use it, Kar'Anna stares down the red armored figure, unleashing a blast of lightning likely more powerful than simply hurling furniture.

She noted Amy's advice, and noted that their opponents likely weren't going to pull punches. She considered surrendering for a moment to see what they would do, where they would take them... but the unleashing of a missile against a couch (seriously? overkill much?) suggested talking wasn't high on their list of things to do.

Attack - Force Lightning: 1d20+2 12
That's just sad. HP to reroll: Attack - Force Lightning: 1d20+2 18 DC 22 - and an 18 is a critical hit. So DC 27 for the damage. If multi attack enters into play... (I doubt it though...)

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1702
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Bladewind » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:13 am

"Stand down and come with us. This is your only opportunity. I will show no mercy."

The red armored figure staggers back as the electricity rips through him. He's staggered by the Drow Witch's fury, apparently not a match for her power despite his bravado.

Toughness: 1d20+6 14

Sorry - a natural 18 is a crit for Kar'Anna's Force Lightning - Still 2 degrees of failure
(-1 Toughness, Dazed until next turn (can only take Standard Action until next turn)

Lindsey is up as the Goons attempt to enter the room but have to sidestep the cyborg as it staggers backwards.
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

Post Reply