The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Bladewind »

Rand feels it first - more like his mind clears first.

Shannon and Sherlock are quiet, not seemingly affected by anything and anyone but more unaware of the surroundings.

Amy`s mind clears, but not as fast as Rand`s.

Lindsey also clears somewhat, but in reverse of Amy.

The Pokemon, for the sake of simplicity, follow suit with whoever they are with.

Rand, perhaps fitting, realizes that a Force User is in play. More specifically, two Jedi Mind tricks have been attempted with varying degrees of success.
Amy realizes not that someone is playing with their minds, but that something is being hidden from them.
Lindsey realizes that someone has hidden something from them but not what.

Rand is the only one with the full picture.

As you entered the El Rey, there were two bouncers although you only noticed the human one at first. The second, a green skinned humanoid, stood further back. He gestured and said something.

"You will ignore me." Followed by, "The El Rey is an ordinary establishment."

To be clear - Amy is following the compulsion to ignore him.

In following the second compulsion - or in Rand and Amy`s case, breaking it - they both see a door between the bathroom doors. More of an archway with a fancy restaurant kitchen door. The patrons that don`t return from the bathroom enter those doors. No one that progresses there is stopped. There is no guard posted or the like.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Did you see what I saw?" she asked and described what she saw as she shook her head clear. "Damnit, I hate being mind-screwed, it's doing nothing to improve my mood."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

kirinke wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:32 pm Amy

"Rand, somebody's farking with our heads again."
she told the man grimly. "At least somebody's knocking on my shields again. Can we please burn the place to the ground on general principles? I'm getting bloody tired of this nonsense." she looked a bit proud of herself. "I'm keeping them out this time."
"Tap your brakes, youngling." Rand says, though the projected image of McKay barely moves his lips. He clicks open his encrypted comms to the group. "In fact, everyone, we were just hit with a Jedi trick from the green bouncer we passed, don't worry if you didn't see him, and DON'T look around for him; that'll just tip him off. Behave naturally - we're just folk here to have a couple drinks. Scratch your nose if you see in the unmarked door by the bathroom entrances."

After he gets a sense of who has and hasn't seen the door, he'll continue.

"Okay, we still don't know for certain if Kar'Anna is here. I propose finding the vent system, putting the furries down there and having them scout. Sherlock keeps coordinated with Shannon. If they get confirmation she's there they do something to cause a distraction - shut off power, trigger the fire system, something... and the big humanoids of us rush down there in the confusion. Sound good?"

OKay, decision time.

We could probably just have it done in GM narration, the plan either succeeds or fails as bladewind dictates, and we're either down there or jump to figuring something else out.
Or we can actually play it out as Cute Squad.
kirinke as Peekaboo
drothgry as Sherlock (or NPC'ed if droth is temporarily away)
Neo as... Alma (dark cat)(?)
is Jewel around and want to play a pokemon? If so, I can quick stat a droid made from pieces of Rand's armor, otherwise I can play Ren.

Are we a go for Cute Squad? Team Furry? Mini-Merges?
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"Tap your brakes, youngling." Rand says, though the projected image of McKay barely moves his lips. He clicks open his encrypted comms to the group. "In fact, everyone, we were just hit with a Jedi trick from the green bouncer we passed, don't worry if you didn't see him, and DON'T look around for him; that'll just tip him off. Behave naturally - we're just folk here to have a couple drinks. Scratch your nose if you see in the unmarked door by the bathroom entrances."
"Damnit." she smiled at the man. "Okay. No plan B." she said with a disapointed sniff. "That makes me glad though I'm not a Jedi. I don't like mind games." she looked around.
Last edited by kirinke on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Battle Init
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

"Okay, we still don't know for certain if Kar'Anna is here. I propose finding the vent system, putting the furries down there and having them scout. Sherlock keeps coordinated with Shannon. If they get confirmation she's there they do something to cause a distraction - shut off power, trigger the fire system, something... and the big humanoids of us rush down there in the confusion. Sound good?"
"I'm ready!" Peekaboo raised a fisted paw.

"Let's go cause some havok!" Ren crowed

"Let's not." Alma said. "We're supposed to be scouting."

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

for the record, all I did here was delay your saves for dramatic effect.

I personal like the idea of a little scouting. Who would you give to Jewel for this excersie? That’s if you guys don’t want to move forward. I was planning to half way between Flynn’s jump forward and a full scene of how you get down there. Someone needs to aproaxh the door.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"So, what's the plan for us?" she asked.

ooc
No worries. Amy's just had a bad day. She responds to such things with healthy, applied violence. If Jewel wants, she can have Ren or Peekaboo. I'm good with either really. :)

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

" I really do not like people playing with my head", he muttered, fingering the kitchen knife in his pocket...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:49 pm Lindsey

" I really do not like people playing with my head", he muttered, fingering the kitchen knife in his pocket...
"Yeah, I just speak in people's heads, I don't alter them in any way." she shook her head. "The Elder Alakazam offered to teach me, but it seemed wrong to screw with people like that."
Last edited by kirinke on Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

So, plan ?

Having a few drinks while the pokemon and bot go cave diving? Are they going up to the door or looking for a ventilation system? (which seems too large for a building this size, and based on a building code far superior to what you might expect in this part of the world.)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I'd avoid doing two different scenes., so the crew can just wait and drink, observing the comings and goings. Looking for known baddies. Without looking like I'm looking.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Good idea. So... how do you wanna start?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand directs the group to a booth near the back, it had the best chance for a vent opening or at least a throughfare.

If needed, Rand will use the vibroknife to carve an opening big enough for the mini-group. He'll take out the small droid he'd just finished tinkering with and synced it to a hub on the inside of his helmet. He sent it down first then sat up at the table as if nothing was happening.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

For some reason, normal apathy in this type of establishment you hope, your ploy works.

You have a spot, just beneath the table along the wall, where you were able to gain access to a vent. This table probably isn't used as much, being so close to a vent, but then, people might not care in this place.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Peekaboo

"Come on, let's go!" he said, bouncing on all four paws, nose twitching excitedly. "Sherlock? You want to take point?" he asked the tree-cat.

"You guys be careful. No heroics. This is just a recon job." Amy warned. "I do not want a repeat of Toronto."

"Hey, that wasn't my fault!" Peekaboo asserted.

"Yes it was." Alma retorted.

'That muppet thing had it coming," Peekaboo said stubbornly.

ooc
question, do either of the bouncer's shoes have laces?
Last edited by kirinke on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Battle Init