The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
drothgery

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by drothgery »

"I was hoping I'd be able to pull some scattered data into something more coherent, but I did figure out a few things from the parts." Shannon said, and relayed what she found.
"And I doubt this gadget is sufficiently sophisticated to be using military-grade erasure protocols, so with a bit of work I'll bet I can figure out what he was trying to hide. Military gear where I'm from usually has enlisted-proof secure fast wiping tech built in -- but this definitely doesn't look military."
She said.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"It takes alot more connections that what those two goons probably have to get earth- military grade gear. Anything like you could get would be like them trying to touch the top of Mount Everest with their hands, while they're at the bottom of the Grand Canyon."

When she learned that one of the major targets was Kar-Anna, her concern shot through the roof. "Double damn... Damn!" she cursed roundly. "This isn't good." she looked at Lindsey. He came from a dark dimension himself, he'd agree with her on that.

A pokeball on her belt wobbled and Peekaboo popped out on her lap and shocked her gently. She started.

"Stop that." he ordered. "You are letting your emotions get the better of you. Remember What did the Elder Alakazam say?"

"Feeling angry and hating something is fine. Letting it cloud your actions in a negative way isn't. Nor is letting others manipulate you into being angry or hateful good for you." she sighed.

"That's not what he said, but close enough." he shocked her again. "Calm down. The scary drow lady is well able to take care of herself. You barging in willy nilly isn't going to help her any."

She smiled a little and translated for the others and skritched Peekaboo behind the ears. "Sorry. Kar and I have a history as you've probably guessed, We met soon after I got my powers and she saved my behind alot in that first year, so yeah. She is a good friend and I don't like the idea of a dark sider getting the drop on her."
Last edited by kirinke on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:13 am, edited 5 times in total.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kar'Anna took in the room, noting that it was decorative and not really defensible at any point. Even the bar area was flimsy. Sektor sparked on the floor, the damage to his systems was severe, but the Drow Witch had no real way of knowing if the cyborg was beyond repair. She ignored it as the door opened and a group entered.

A bald, green skinned male wearing an expensive suit that was at odds with the various plates and piercings that adorned his exposed skin entered followed by another two males in slightly less expensive but no less flashy attire. A scantily clad green-skinned woman hung off their arms like trophies - probably a privilege that was expensive and meant to convey status. It was the final member of the little troop that drew Kar'Anna's attention though. A red-skinned Twi'Lek. Plainly attired, almost modestly so. Something about her conveyed that if the male in green were the one in power, she was the one to watch out for.

"Please."
Said the male, "Have a seat We're friends here. Drink?"

Kar'Anna declined on both counts, but conceded and took a seat when the Twi'Lek eased herself into a comfortable chair and gestured for the Drow to do likewise. Kar'Anna did not feel threatened by any of them, and no sense of a Force User reached her finely tuned abilities. However, she put little faith in that given her own ability to hide her presence.

"So. Cut to the chase." She said neutrally, "What do you want with me? Or was I taken because of this?" She patted the pocket with the purple gem and waited for a reaction.

"Either way, I'm pretty sure my allies are looking for me."

"I'm certain. And our lackeys are giving them exactly what they need to trace you here. Question is, can they get here before something bad happens? The Twi'Lek responded in the same neutral tone. She accepted a drink from one of the women as the others took seats and chuckled at the comment.

"A joke.

"I have no interest in harming you. I have need of you. Or rather, my associate does."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I'm assuming you're headed to the El Rey, I;'d like to know how you plant to approach. It's a club style building - glorified bar is more like. During the day its quiet and mostly empty. At night, its frequented by locals.

Just to advise, I posted that way for Jewel to make things go smoother on the board. If you all prefer, I'll continue it with back and forth posts as per usual.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

ooc
No worries. Whatever works best for you guys! :) So.

Are we there yet?

Battle Init
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

ooc: Works for me.

Shannon will see what she can do about recovering erased data while they're on their way.
Technology +25 (skill mastery); Quickness 5 if this can be considered a mental task.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Question, before we get there, how do you guys want to approach this?" she asked. "Peekaboo is right. We go in there guns blazing, that's gonna create more problems that we don't need, however cathartic it might be." she said. "So, that means we need something resembling a plan."

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

While you consider options, Shannon goes to work.

At first, it looks pretty hopeless. By her standards, the wrist comp is a child's toy. However, with some coaxing and a little ingenuity she succeeds.
The information is corrupted, but both contradicts and confirms the other messages. The tougher thug was a little higher on the food chain, for all the good it did him.

D--ete after r---ing
Extraction only with Laserbeak.
Recover cr-st-a---. Return to Raug.
This had MMS capability - there's an image: Image
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"We should ditch the rings, they likely have GPS and our enemies will know we're coming." Rand says.

"As for a plan... well, hard to plan without more intelligence. Not sure what we might come up with regarding disguises but might be a good idea if we can get the lay of things before we go in."

[What time of day is it?]

"Might be if we find external wires I can crosslink my suit into their security camera system. It might give us a layout, and if I can get deep enough maybe see into their sublevels as well, assuming they have surveillance and security there." Rand says. "I could get the Lt.Cmdr.'s help with the bypass protocols."
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Disguises won't work. These guys are sith or sith wanna-be's. They're going to know we're us, especially with the thoughts of 'lets kill em' running through our heads." she smiled a little. "But hacking their cameras and computers is a good idea."
Last edited by kirinke on Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:09 am "We should ditch the rings, they likely have GPS and our enemies will know we're coming."
[What time of day is it?]
Later afternoon/ early evening. You can wait until a preferred time to approach the El Rey with no further incident.
Yes, there are security cameras, land lines and other mundane tech that you can likely hack between Shannon and Rand.
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Shannon
Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:09 am "We should ditch the rings, they likely have GPS and our enemies will know we're coming." Rand says.
"No longer a problem." She said with a few keystrokes.
Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:09 am"Might be if we find external wires I can crosslink my suit into their security camera system. It might give us a layout, and if I can get deep enough maybe see into their sublevels as well, assuming they have surveillance and security there." Rand says. "I could get the Lt.Cmdr.'s help with the bypass protocols."
"Even military sites in this period find it difficult to avoid connecting their computers to the public datanet." Shannon mentions.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl hrmmed. "Alright. You guys jack into what passes for technology here," she considered the area. "I'll yabber with the local wild-life and pokemon and see if they can offer any information. I'm going to need some sunflowers and slim jims or whatever the local equivalent is for bribes." she said.

ooc
she's going to talk to the local rattata, bird and ground pokemon and see if she can figure out how deep the El-Rey really goes and what goes on there. Rats and mice of any sort go everywhere after all and you won't see them when they go. Ground pokemon are even worse in that regard.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Give me some appropriate rolls folks.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy HP 1, LP 1

The girl purchases some basic food items to help with her 'investigations' and starts to talk to the local critters to get a basic lay of the land and what's underneath it.

ooc
Ok, I made a 14 investigation roll in the beginning and since insight/perception/investigation had the same skill rank, I did 3. So there were two 24 rolls and one 14 so essentially, I kept the original roll for the investigation skill. Sorry for the confusions.

Original investigation roll 14
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=218842

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=218854
Insight 24
Perception 24
Investigation 14

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=218840
persuasion 7
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=218855
Persuasion 19 (reroll luck point, accidently hit 3 on number of rolls, so I took the top one)

Battle Init