The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Didn't know that."

She mentally added to the others. "Kar-Anna, we don't know what that sith-bitcha did to you. As soon as we get out of here, we're gonna have to have you thoroughly checked over. It's kinda like Belieze and those ghosts we ran into. Remember how they got to me?" she mentally patted the drow elf on the shoulder.

"It isn't your fault and we're not blaming you a bit. But given how you say you lost time and she's a f-cking sith, it's pretty obvious she screwed with your brain and as the designated healer of the group, I can't in good conscious let that slide for too long." she said.

She looked at the others. "If we talk to the big guys here, somehow I don't think I should start the conversation." she grinned cheekily at the others. It's bound to end in violence of some sort if I do."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"I'll get that Athens guy." Rand says into the encrypted comms.

Looking around he tries to spot the golden gloved man and goes up to him. (Is he the one talking to the Sith?) He'll wait for a break in the conversation which should come shortly with a heavily armored man looming nearby.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Here's a better visual (well, a visual since I described it last time...)

Athens, by the time Rand reaches him, has moved off to talk with someone else, surrounding himself with lovely ladies in the process. He has a drink in his (non gloved) hand and raises it in salute to Rand in lieu of a handshake or other form of greeting.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand initially approaches the man alone and leaves it to Small Knife's discretion whether she joins later.

Rand's helmet dips in a nod of greeting to the gloved man.

He points to a patch on the shoulder of his armor.

"My name's Rand, registered with the Galactic Bounty Hunters and Mercenaries Guild. I'm scouting for jobs at the moment and got wind of your complex operation and that you were the being to talk to." He says, pandering to the man's ego.

"My skills include running tech of any sort, piloting anything I'm in the cockpit of, strait-up battlecraft if needed, safe-guarding: people, gear, or locations, retrieval and rescue, and all-round trouble shooting." He holds up a wrist-mounted laser. "There's trouble, I shoot it." he emphasizes.

"I work solo or in a team and can assemble a diverse crew if the job warrants it."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"We'll cover you if you need it." Amy told him and the rest mentally.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

How is Rand imaged at the moment? As himself or McKay ?
Last edited by Bladewind on Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[Himself.]
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

For the most part, she chats both mentally and out loud to her friends, knowing that the evil force sensitives couldn't 'hear' what she was saying mentally and hopefully confusing and confounding them. Sure it was petty, but it was also fun.

ooc
Yeah, Amy is being a bit evil.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

You could swear the guy's eyes glow momentarily, filling he Mandalorian with a sense of dread.* Whoever this guy is, he registers to Rand as a powerful Force presence. He can't determine much more than that. There all also bits of tech that resemble jewelry that seem odd. Beyond the glove - which looks more like ribbon wrapping around his arm.

"Ah. Mandalorian." He says, his voice a normal cadence even if a slightly deeper than Oded Fehr's voice. "I was always a fan of Star Wars in my... previous life." It's hard to tell if he means pre-Merge or something else.

He looks over both you and whoever stands with you.

"Ah. Kobra." He says to Lindsey, "I see you have dressed for the occasion. For once.

"I heard that Sektor and his group completely screwed up in their efforts to contact you." He shakes his head disapprovingly. "He was meant to contact you in private to acquire your friend's attention. We wanted a peaceful meeting. Not... what actually occurred.

"I trust you are no worse for wear, Ms Maraneth?"

The guy makes your skin crawl. All the charisma that Oded Fehr would normally give off is replaced by an almost arrogant stance. You also note that there he has two body guards. One stands close to him, the other is further back. They kind of look like male versions of the honor guard from Black Panther in muted colors. They have a heavy collar-like apparatus as part of the uniform. Both are extremely fit without being overly muscular. You get the impression of skill over appearance, The one closet to Athens also has a tattoo on his forehead.

"So, Rand. I could use a man of your implied talent. I intend to leave soon, and if Kobra deigned to work with you, you must be skilled."

*descriptor to Rand's Force Senstive nature
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Yeah, if you want those guys back I can tell you where they are." If he shows any surprise that the men are alive Rand just shrugs an armored shoulder. "Weren't any point in gettin' blood all over the place too. Your droid had already blown up a couch and Master Kobra likes that hotel."

"My protection contract with Kobra is ending and I and my crew are available for... other pursuits." Rand says. "What might you have need of?"
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Well, for starters, my own guard are formidable but lack... initiative." He doesn't seem to care that they can hear, and if they care they don't react.

Obviously, there's a lot he is not saying.

"However, this is really not the place for such a discussion. Perhaps over refreshments at my own accommodations ?" He notices Noguchi/ Little Knife "Surprised to see you down here. Shouldn't you be hunting bugs?"
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Kar'Anna Maraneth
Condition: Normal (?)
HP: 1

"I am well, Lord Athens."

The Dark Elf nods at Athens, letting Rand and Amy do most of the talking. She does add one more comment:

"I did say that my companions would have abilities that might interest you."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl sighed. No telling what Kar-Anna gave out, for whatever reason. Though given that the elf was vastly overmatched and outgunned, Amy was just relieved that her friend came out more or less in one piece. She would just have to watch her friend very closely until they got out of there.

"Name's Amy. When I'm in a group, I'm usually the healer, translator and mook sweeper. Which means I help take care of the swarms so the heavy hitters can concentrate on the other side's heavy hitter." she nodded to her pokemon. "These guys have a range of valuable abilities ranging from enhanced senses, healing and deflection to elemental attacks in varying degrees of strength." she grinned a little. "I don't know how much help I'd be off-world though. I grew up in a fishing village in Alaska. Which isn't exactly the tech-hub of Earth."

"When I'm on my own, my main job is convincing monsters that the funny two-leggers and those shiny things they use aren't menu items."

Alma rolled her eyes. "Don't over-sell it."
Last edited by kirinke on Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Ah Yes. Mr Giovanni spoke... highly... of you." He responds.

"So." He looks at the lot of you. "A Dark Elf, a girl and her pets, an armored mercenary, a more... mundane mercenary, and a bug hunter. Quite the little entourage, Mr. Rand."

Noguchi/ Little Knife largely ignored the barbs about hunting bugs - whatever that meant. She is eyes Kar'Anna every now and again.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

“So what are the general kinds of things that go on here?” Rand asks.