The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Bladewind wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:53 pm "I have the impression that they believe that these kyber crystals are available on Earth - at the very least, I am interested in this Kobra person`s contacts. Are you in a position to get information from him?"
Rand looks to the others. "Well, where is this Kobra guy? And is this a cut-a-deal situation or an interrogation situation?"
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"I don't see why it can't be both. Interrogation doesn't always mean torture the poor SOB until he spills his guts, either literally or figuratively on earth." she quipped. "There are plenty of other effective methods we can use."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

S & S

"And I suspect having a furry lie detector around would be of rather great value to an interrogator." Shannon mentioned. "Certainly some of Sherlock's friends have been effective in that role at home."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"I can read minds too, if they aren't shielded or stronger than mine." Amy grinned at Lindsey. "And we have an ex evil-lawyer here." she added helpfully. "I'm sure he's pretty good at changing people's minds. It's sorta in his former job description."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

" I have known to be...successful one time or another", he says with a slight smile. With or without demonic backup, he was still good at his former job...or so he hoped.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"I know drow are fairly good at deception and Rand is a mandalorian. That means he's probably aces at being scary when he has to be." Amy added. "Between us all, we can have Kobra singing like a Chatot."

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand scowls under his helmet at the assumption he was scary just because of his heritage, but doesn't comment aloud.

"All tha's good n'all, but my original question still stands. Do we know where this Kobra guy is?"
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Kar'Anna Maraneth
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

"If I had to guess, I'd say wherever Tall and Brooding over here left him.

"What? You mentioned you took his place at a meeting. You don't strike me a dumb enough to leave him wondering around to burst in on you while you're using his name and rep to get answers."

She looks over the Mandalorian. She knew a little of Boba Fett's reputation from watching the films and from her training. She resisted the urge to say 'no disintegrations.' Barely...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Well at least this time we don't have to beat up possessed actors at a Seseme Street on Ice show." she shuddered. "I still have nightmares about that one." at the others quizzical look, she shook her head.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

" I am good if you are. I kept him safely locked away close by...", Lindsey says quietly.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Although never stated at the beginning of the mission, I envisioned that you were transported by Puddle-Jumper. The funky little ships available on Atlantis - and incidentally the type of ship that rescued you from Venus - that can cloak. It`s serving as your base of operations for the moment, and can easily connect to Atlantis` network and library.

You retrieve Kobra from the "holding cell" you had placed him in. Although he doesn`t show it, or tries not to at least, it`s clear that the climate controlled atmosphere of your temporary HQ is something that he appreciates. That and any water you might give him. It hasn't been long enough for hunger to be a real concern yet.

It`s a little disconcerting just how much he and Lindsey resemble each other - physically at least. Attempts to pass himself for the Kombatant from Black Dragon notwithstanding, Lindsey is altogether more put together. The former lawyer carries himself with class and an air of authority whereas the mercenary is exactly that, a mercenary.
Last edited by Bladewind on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand wasn't the talking to people type. He didn't even have the scary-guy motif down, not really. He felt a good use of him would be in the background, an ominous presence and subtle threat of violence as needed.
[I'll use Aid Other for any intimidation checks that might be needed/used]
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

S & S

Shannon figured she'd be best listening out of sight, and trying to data match anything of interest they learned. Sherlock perched in a corner near Lindsey; Sphinxian treecats looked less like earth cats than their name would indicate (even ignoring the extra pair of legs), but he still managed to give off a completely inaccurate "harmless furry creature" vibe ...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

Amy opened her mind, hoping to pick up any stray thoughts the man might have, though she was careful not to delve to deeply. Anybody associated with Tsung or the Dragons might have booby traps in their heads they might not even know about.

ooc
Mind Reading: Mind Reading 6 (DC 16), subtle. She is also being very, very careful.
Last edited by kirinke on Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Battle Init
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Kar'Anna Maraneth
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

Not realizing that Amy is using her telepathy, Kar'Anna watches as no one really seems interested in being the one to question their prisoner. Shrugging, she slips out of her armor and walks up to him while Amy probes his mind.

"Hi. Do you know what I am?" She says altogether too sweetly. "Drow, Dark Elf, Shadow Elf... You're human, from an Alternate Earth like so many Mergers... I bet you've heard of my people...

"Long story short..."
She runs a finger along the his shoulder blades and neck as she circles Kobra. "You want to co-operate with us, with me." The last sentence is whispered in Kobra's ear "It'll be sooooo much easier."

She draws her dagger and examines the blade before re-sheathing it and looking Kobra in the eye, all while flashing him a smile.

OOC - Using her Mind Trick on him.
Affliction 6 [(Will; Dazed/Compelled); Perception; Sense Dependent (Audio), Limited Degree; Subtle]