The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MissRo

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by MissRo »

Niisha
Condition: Normal
HP: 3 - LP: 3

Smiling was a reflex that had taken Niisha a number of years to master. Humans tended to find her rather sizable canine teeth on display to be offputting at best, threatening at worst. She'd spent many an hour honing her smile in a small reflecting glass that Kaervek had given her, and now as she turned her head to Rand, it came easily and naturally to her face.

"I find myself ill at ease. Whatever these beasts that follow us are, we have no idea what to expect from them. You strike me as a capable man, and I would never ask if I felt otherwise, but do you think you might be able to venture out a bit and see if you can put eyes one of our pursuers? You seem quite mobile in the air, and I feel that having some clue as to what we're dealing with could greatly increase our chances of survival."

She could smell nothing from him other then burnt fuel and the tang of metal. In truth, she had no real proof that there was even a man inside the artifice at all. Her instinct told her there was, mostly in the way he moved. Her instincts had been wrong more then once since her Merge.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Are you sure your ability crosses species boundaries? Treecats are telepaths among themselves, but as far as we know, they're not with humans."

"Ever since I got these abilities, I've been able to chat with just about anything. Well except machines and ghosts are very hard to understand for me, but if I focus real hard I can make out what they're saying."
<<If I could talk to you like a reasonable Person, would I bother wagging my fingers at you?>> The 'cat signed. <<But there's something different about her mind-glow.>>
"Thanks I think. You're mental frequency is pitched a bit high for most human telepaths to hear comfortably, but I can hear it just fine." the girl told the treecat mentally.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Shannon & Sherlock
kirinke wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:23 pm AMY

"Thanks I think. You're mental frequency is pitched a bit high for most human telepaths to hear comfortably, but I can hear it just fine." the girl told the treecat mentally.
Shannon felt surprise across their bond. Amy caught a little of it...

And I can hear you. Which not even Laughs Brightly* and Dances on Clouds** could. I wonder what the memory singers will think the next time I'm home. Neither we nor our two-legs have ever met anyone but one the People with a true mind-voice. Sherlock responded.

<<I'll take point in the trees, then.>> He signed, then effortlessly scampered up a tree and ahead of the group.

** Honor Harrington
* Nimitz, her treecat
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand
CND: Healthy
HP:3

"I'll be spotted." Rand says, "Never been the scouting type. But... maybe if I'm high enough there'll be little the dogs could do about it." he says, considering. "Not sure we'd learn much, but I suppose I could get a count if nuthin' else." He shrugs.

He was not thrilled at the idea of separating but he figured he could catch up quickly if need be.

He tips a non-existent hat in the direction of the Cat-lady and takes to the air once again.

"Oy. I'm gonna get a look at the things following us. Lt. Cmdr, keep your comm on."

He'll fly about 65 ft. in the air and trust his vision enhancing tech and infravision to get him a good look at the beasts in pursuit.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY
And I can hear you. Which not even Laughs Brightly* and Dances on Clouds** could. I wonder what the memory singers will think the next time I'm home. Neither we nor our two-legs have ever met anyone but one the People with a true mind-voice. Sherlock responded.
"It's one of the reasons why I was chosen for the 'Dex program. Just about anything can understand me and I can understand just about anything as well. So that means, I can help defuse a bad situation with fellow critters that are intelligent, but just don't understand that the two-legs they're fussing with are intelligent as well. Most of my job is a lot of diplomacy and translation." she said, both out loud and mentally for the sake of those that couldn't hear them 'talk'. It's a lot of responsibility and makes you grow up quick, because a lot rides on what you do and say. You can't afford to be childish when a huge freaking Gyrandos decides it's a fine time to rampage in the local lake and you gotta calm it down..." she said, along with a mental image of real live water monster throwing a tantrum. With dragon breath included.

ooc
A 'real live Gyrandos'

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

You start to move toward the Ziggurat. Obvious source of an ambush, but your only real option for a clear area and perhaps some high ground... Or at least that seems to be your rationale. Attempting to maintain a controlled retreat, you are fairing better than the "other" group. As Randin takes to the air, the red-skinned male does so as well. And you realize that his "skin" as such is more a metallic, almost droid-like casing. It's red hue is a tint to the metal. Boosters in his feet propel him up and he draws glider style wings up from the sides of his body.

The droid nanny has also fallen in with them, and seems to still be concerned with the doll. The others ignore her, with a large semi-reptilian male looking ready to shoot it. He is not getting along well with an orange furred felinoid who keeps trying to direct. Finally the cat-man jumps for a tree to get a better look around.

The high pitched barking continues, closer and further and you definitely feel as if you are being herded !

Taking cover, but probably sighing as everyone kept moving, Amy reached out with her mind. She touched a presence, multiple minds. Very much intelligent if alien on a level that she can't quite pinpoint. Beyond that... nothing.

Randin continues with his plan to split into two groups. The felinoid protests, something about people in nice metal shells having an advantage over soft and squishy meat bags... Still, the plan is sound. As is Niisha's. Randin scouts as best as he is able, but just as he is about to lift off, a white nimbus surrounds his head for a moment and he is assaulted with imagery... The forest shakes and a deafening cry fills the air, pure instinctual roaring. The sound of snapping wood - large pieces of it - fills the air. The nanny-bot falls, shattered by a falling tree. The Silverhawk fires into the forest. The felinoid (not Niisha) is leapt on by something his own size. It has scales, a large snout and a tail. He is dragged down and then away. The ground shakes again... The barking sound from before continues. You are all climbing the steppes of the Ziggurat when a feeling of darkness and malice strikes you like a punch to the stomach by an enraged Wookie... The deafening cry shatters the air again... Gasping, you realize it was a Force Vision.

For the sake of simplicity:
Red Metal Dude is an OC Silverhawk, Firewing, not Zeltron
Feline is Talon from the Guardians of the Galaxy, pre-Augment, pre-spine injury.
The reptilian male is a Jem Hadar, designation Fifth

One more go round of the PCs, you can also act for the above mentioned NPCs (no more are appearing at this time...)

Also - allowed for a little leeway here, but technically Amy doesn't have and detection powers. She needs to be able to perceive a target to read its mind and likewise communication will allow her to broadcast outward, but not receive any ping or response back unless whatever is out there chooses to respond... which it doesn't.

Randin - instead of having you roll to scout, I hit you with an uncontrolled Force Vision. Enjoy.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

The girl sighs, being mindful of her surroundings and very much dependent on others to sense things like dangerous stuff. Boy, did she ever need to practice those skills...

"I can't sense much beyond that they're intelligent and alien and not inclined to chit-chat." she offered as they continued to move through the forest-jungle-green heck they were in.

Battle Init
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Shannon & Sherlock

"In my experience, the worst of people -- whether six-legged or two -- are far more dangerous than any monster. Though the creature in your mind would give a hexapuma pause." Amy gets the impression of impression of a rather nasty creature nearly twelve feet long, weighing nearly a ton, and having the same sort of claws Sherlock has... only about four times as long from the last.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:20 pmRand
"Oy. I'm gonna get a look at the things following us. Lt. Cmdr, keep your comm on."
"But you didn't give me a chance to..." She trails off as she realizes that Rand wasn't listening to her. She wasn't the best shot or tactician or wilderness survivalist in their ragtag group. She kept in practice in neue-stil handgemenge (the extremely aggressive style of Saganami Island's favored coup de vitesse not really suiting her physique or pesronality), but Sherlock was better hand-to-hand (or claw to hand, in his case) than she was. On the other hand... it might be true that as she'd read in a novel set in her own universe that if hacking were a medal event in the Manticoran Games, Anton Zilwicki would take the gold and Ruth Winton the silver... but she'd give Sir Horace a run for his money for bronze for sure. And she was just as good at putting up electronic security as taking it down.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Bladewind wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:54 am ...just as he is about to lift off, a white nimbus surrounds his head for a moment and he is assaulted with imagery... The forest shakes and a deafening cry fills the air, pure instinctual roaring. The sound of snapping wood - large pieces of it - fills the air. The nanny-bot falls, shattered by a falling tree. The Silverhawk fires into the forest. The felinoid (not Niisha) is leapt on by something his own size. It has scales, a large snout and a tail. He is dragged down and then away. The ground shakes again... The barking sound from before continues. You are all climbing the steppes of the Ziggurat when a feeling of darkness and malice strikes you like a punch to the stomach by an enraged Wookie... The deafening cry shatters the air again... Gasping, you realize it was a Force Vision.

Randin - instead of having you roll to scout, I hit you with an uncontrolled Force Vision. Enjoy.
yay
As Rand was turning from Niisha his hands fly off the flight controls clutching his head and the jet pack sputters out. The halo of light shines through the t-slit visor of his helm, illuminating it from the inside as he desperately tries to keep his head from exploding with the onrush of visions. It lasts only moments.

One of Rand's brothers was learning Huttese, Rand suspected it was for the multitude of curse words that language contained. Rand only remembered a few of them but he spat them out with such vehemence the nanny-bot would have covered her doll-child's fake ears.

"Red Droid," Rand calls loudly, "Yeah, you with the wings. Veer your guys left. The dogs aint alone, they've got something big with them, like Rancor big." his hand gestures try to convey something generally large. "Amy, Niisha, Shannon, uh... Lindy, sumthin' Dark Force hits us partway up the stairs of the ziggurat - a power or such like, I'm not sure. Not sayin' we shouldn't go. Just, if we do best be prepared." Rand warns.

Rand's choice was simple. He knew the spike of terror and pain that was to come with the Bothun male's attack and death. He pointed his arm and fired.
_: 1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23

Str 6 Move Object, Toward Rand.
A whipcord extends toward the Feline male [hopefully] wrapping a wrist and pulling him toward Rand with incredible strength for such a small powered winch. Hopefully this would be enough to throw the dog-thing's surprise attack off.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

" Thanks for the warning", Lindsey mutters, his mind racing. Okay, being in danger is something he understood. Fighting was something he understood. And while he had no idea how exactly the Force worked, it was extremely similar to magic or psionic powers.
And those he could work with.
Okay, I want to spend a HP and use Ritualist to craft a rite on the fly that will grant me and the others immunity to Dark Side force effects (an uncommon descriptor, meaning the immunity itself costs 2 points. Affects others means the cost get up to 4 points. The DC for jury-rigging a ritual is 19 in this case and I rolled a 22
http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=150297
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Kal'annar
HP: 2 ; Condition: Paranoid ... so Normal

A voice drifts down from the shadows in the canopy, "You all need to take cover in the temple quickly. Those are no dogs chasing your tail ... those are the Children of Ubtao."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

It is only because he was engaged trying to save the CatMan's life that Randin Al'Thir didn't turn a flamethrower on the upper canopy at the startling voice.

"Buddy, I don't give a womprat's a$$ WHO their father is! I'm telling you all, there's something even BIGGER around 'ere."
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Niisha
Condition: Normal
HP: 3 - LP: 3

Niisha did her best to steady Rand as he suddenly seemed to be overcome with something... until she noticed the light erupting from the face of his visor, at which point she backed away. When he started spouting what seemed suspiciously like prognostication she was a bit bewildered. She'd dealt with oracles and seers before, both fraudulent and genuine but more often the former. There was no ignoring that light, though. He'd seemed straight up thus far, so she decided to take him at his word. Dark force... if it was anything like the raw black mana she'd witnessed Kaervek wield, they were going to need whatever united front they could muster.

When the voice came down from above, she drew back towards Lindsey in a defensive stance.

"You'll have to excuse my friend, but we are a bit on edge at the moment," she called out. "Perhaps you might show yourself, stranger, and tell us what you know of these creatures?"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

A voice drifts down from the shadows in the canopy, "You all need to take cover in the temple quickly. Those are no dogs chasing your tail ... those are the Children of Ubtao."

Amy

"Yeah... Their minds didn't feel like canids. They felt very, very alien." the girl offered. "What are they? Names are nice, weaknesses are better!"

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

The black-haired/ orang-furred felinioid yelps, but is caught by surprise. He twists in the air so you don't rip his arm off.

The Silverhawk turns to you, I'm not a droid, the name's Firewing. He nods though, and points out your suggestion to the others. Mostly the only one to listen is the Jrm Haddar.

Lindsey invokes his darker arts as he runs, and is reasonably certain that he succeeds in his intended ward.

As he does so, a pair of something's - man-sized but heavier, leap out to where he was a second earlier. Startled for a moment, they retreat. The Jem Haddar opens fire with an energy weapon at the area, chewing up large chunks of the native flora. He doesn't maintain fire beyond a few blasts, and seems to have missed.

You briefly saw a pair of these (yes, however historically inaccurate they may be, this is what they were):

The nannybot cradles her charge, her free arms deploying weapons.

Whatever is out there is damn close, and you reach the base of the Ziggurat...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document