The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Bladewind »

The woman betrays no emotion or expression, simply watching you. Roulette steps forward with a grand smile though.

"Well played ! Everyone give it up for the Man from Mandalor !" She makes a sweeping gesture around the room and cheers breaks out. The Asian woman turns and melts back into the crowd. Roulette turns back to Rand and gestures with her eyes for him to join her.

Lionmane nods in agreement, one of his underlings steps forward to guide Kal'annar back to the main areas and answer any other minor questions the dark mage might have. Kal is given Imperial credentials (the next XP allotment will require 1 pt to be allotted to Benefit: Star Wars Imperial Rank so long as you keep it).

Kano belches and laughs.

"S'wot you get for dealing with Black Dragon. We get the job done, but we don`t come cheap."

Tsung ignores Kano.

"If you get results, I am prepared to meet your requests."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The relief on Rand's face was hidden by his helmet. This could have gotten really ugly.

Rand lands and lets himself be directed to the locker rooms or whatever area the fighters hang out in.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY
"If you get results, I am prepared to meet your requests."
"We aim to please. It doesn't do to tick off somebody that can turn you into a small, furry thing and put you in a habitrail for the rest of your life or feed you to a Ekans after all." she deadpanned.

"Ask for a way to contact her when we find a source for her crystals...." she advised Lindsay, who still seemed rattled by Ming. She couldn't be too hard on him, sorcery in his universe wasn't exactly nice.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

" Good. How can we contact you when we have the crystals?" he asks, all businesslike...
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

The thing that has probably weirded Lindsey the most in all of this is just how well and how easily he is able to pass for Kano`s man. Lindsey had no real notion of the Mortal Kombat universe, but if he inquired with Amy or via an internet/ wikipedia type search, he`d find that there was a show at one point where Christian Kane (who played Lindsey) also played Kobra.*

Although there must be some kind of verification somewhere by some people as to whether an actor or the person they claimed to be was present, in this case, Lindsey (As Kobra) had managed to pass that step even with his added entourage.

Kano snorts, and you`d think that the question might have alerted either him or Tsung to the ruse, but Lady Fortune continued to smile on all of you.

"At's a right good question." *BELCH* "I like it here, so am probably not gonna leave anytime soon. Freaking Internet is monitored too closely, but I'm sure we c'n find some handles and codes to get the message across, make sure we get paid and all of that."

Tsung looks like she wants to add something.

`No way, not happenin'. I ain't letting you put no whammy or no trinket on me or my guys. I may work wit ya, I may trust ya to honor a deal, but no offense, I don`t trust ya lady."

Anyone with Kano and company watching the screens does not see the Asian woman (from any angle) that Rand and Roulette do. If they could, they`d note that she was the same woman that was in the room with them (or her twin).

"Your allies," She says as the three of you walk amidst cheers and other noise, "Are not nearly as smart as they think they are. But, I have my use for them. And for you." She gazes straight ahead, aware that she could not read your face even if she wanted to at the moment.

"It is simple, I have need of something that you likely have experience with. Your friends have the details, and I am prepared for them to wonder at my motives."

As Kal'annar leaves his audience with the Imperial - an Inquisitor by rank even if Kal doesn`t know that specifically - the man rises from his chair and his hands disappear into the folds of his cloak. The door closes, and the ruggedly handsome, if scarred, man's form melts and shrinks a little, leaving in his place a calm but focused woman of Asian descent.

Yes. This will do.

A wretched hive this place may be, but one thing was certain, there was a distinct power behind the scenes, using the chaos and the comings and goings as cover. But cover to what?

*Not a real show to my knowledge !

OOC - Do you want to skip forward to meeting back somewhere or is there anything else you want to explore or questions to ask?
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

The girl grinned. "Pleasure doing business with you ma'm. As long as the pay is good that is." she said dryly. At the woman's raised eyebrow's she looked a little defensive. "You do not know how much pokemon eat. There's a real reason why most trainers keep a relatively small team. Personally, I prefer small to medium sized pokemon. They pack just as much of a punch as the bigger ones and are easier to care for."

ooc
I'm good to go. :)

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

You regroup at a prearranged place some hours later. A handler from Atlantis is waiting to debrief you and assist however you might need.

Your rendez-vous point is a hotel in minor city/ town with a craft capable of escape easily accessible. You begin to compare notes.

(Feel free to decompress/ shower/ freshen up and all that, but I actually want to see the comparison of notes and info unfold in play. None of you have actually seen that Tsung appeared on the Arena Floor at the time she was Kano, and of course Kal has no idea that Lionmane morphed into her as well after he left. I may ghost Kal a little considering I heard his player is not feeling too good.)
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY
After showering, dressing in something clean and grabbing some food, she told the others her observations and began playing (and feeding) with her critters, while listening to the others and occasionally interjecting when it seemed appropriate.

"Tsung is the most dangerous I think, she's tricky, like a Ghastly." she supplied.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

Lindsey, glad that they got out of this intact, also freshens up, looking a bit more casual as he comes back to meet the others.
He nods as he hears Amy. " She is definitely one of the big power players here. Not sure if she's someone we should know from any pre-Merge source...but she's certainly got power. And she's after lightsaber crystals. The originals, not Stark's."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"If I remember correctly, the crystals are really powerful foci, not just for jedi or sith and can hold alot of energy." she said and looked at Rand. "Am I right?"

Battle Init
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Shannon
kirinke wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:42 pm"If I remember correctly, the crystals are really powerful foci, not just for jedi or sith and can hold alot of energy." she said and looked at Rand. "Am I right?"
"I can't think anyone well-informed about what's available out in the Merge would want them strictly for energy storage." Shannon said. "The power cell in my pulser probably has a higher energy density than a Kyber crystal. And we manage much higher energy densities with the bigger ultracapacitors we use in missiles and starships. And while Manticoran tech is quite good in a lot of ways, other civilizations out in the Merge have similar capabilities."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

The girl nodded as she listened to Shannon. "But that's just for science based applications. Kyber crystals can focus the Force, psychic energy and maybe even magical energy. If I remember correctly."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

He scratches his chin. " Interesting idea. Crystals are used in some magical rituals, mostly for purification and focus purposes. More of a Wicca thing, though. If I had a kyber crystal here, I could try and see if their storage potential is in some way remarkable..."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

The girl nodded again as she tickled the chin of Ren. "I ran into a force user before this mess started. We compared notes and the Force and whatever I do are either the same thing or so close as to not make any difference. At the time, I kinda laughed it off. Now?" she shook her head. "I dunno."

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

kirinke wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:42 pm AMY

"If I remember correctly, the crystals are really powerful foci, not just for jedi or sith and can hold alot of energy." she said and looked at Rand. "Am I right?"
Rand had cleaned his armor, inside and out and redressed in it before coming to the debrief.

At Amy's question and the subsequent discussion Rand shrugs a shoulder.
"Not sure about your 'magic' or whatnot. Kyber crystals focus energies and are really durable. Never had one to play with but I heard they might store energy, stories differ on that, or even be designed for data storage."
"Something pithy this way comes."