The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand will either search for a signal or stop by a wired relay outbox.
Tech: 1D20+15 = [14]+15 = 29
+ whatever Aid Other bonus Shannon gives (she can just use Skill Mastery to give it +5, I think).
Rand will display it all for the others to see on the rented vehicles' monitor usually used for back-up cameras.
"Something pithy this way comes."
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Yeah; skill mastery + teamwork means her Technology check to aid another is 30
For investigation, it's "only" 27.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Yeah. The internet is the area is your bitch.

You discover that the security network around the El Rey is about what you would expect. Far more extensive than a hole in the wall town like this would warrant, but makes sense considering the importance associated with the area since the Merge.

Cameras cover the exterior of the building - a building that doesn't seem that special. It's been renovated recently, and is in the best shape of the buildings around it. The architecture on the buildings around it seems really old. There are two cameras inside the bar - and its a decent if ordinary place. The cameras an around the entire area but if you look carefully, they miss an area between the bathroom doors.

Patrons in the bar are mostly hispanic, one athletic looking Japanese woman sits at the bar with a drink. A trio of fairly attractive women dance on a stage.

Looking for more cameras, you also find cellphones and other communication devices (including Federation Comm Badges) on a table. They are all covered so that their cameras can't film or see anything. You can access the wi-fi on them, but there is a signal jammer blocking their signals.

Counting patrons, there are more going in than coming out, and although crowded there aren't enough people to account of the numbers. Numbers that are hidden a little by the fact that they approach in small numbers. Not that anyone is paying attention.

The building, unsurprisingly, has no plans listed with the city. Satellite imagery dates back five months and shows heavy equipment in the area. Something was dug deep beneath the El Rey.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

ooc
What did Amy find with the local pokemon and critters? She is specifically targeting burrowing critters and ground/rock pokemon to see what they know about the area underneath the El-Rey.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Nothing actually.

She did discover some Pokemon in the area but they would not talk to her. They're too afraid. If Amy looks at any of the images of who is coming and going at the El Rey, she sees this man entering:

Last edited by Bladewind on Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

Her eyes widened as she looked at the image. "Team Rocket is here?!!!" she exclaimed with a violent curse.

"Fuck-that!" Peekaboo cursed as he saw the image as well and sparks shot out of his cheek-pouches.

"Sorry, that's Team Rocket." she shook her head. "More or less, they're The Yakuza of the Pokemon world. They kinda cutsied it up in the shows, but the reality? Not good. They created Mewtwo. Basically a pokemon version of Darth Vader." she added. "Mewtwo got redeemed though, but still. If they're involved in any of this..." she shivered. "We could start seeing bad guys weaponizing pokemon in a not good way or worse." she looked at them.

"Take a team of strong ground/rock pokemon that knows Earthquake or Magnitude and one that knows Surf. You could destroy a city the size of San Fransisco without any real effort inside of five minutes or less. Especially if it lies on a fault- line." she said seriously. "And a good number of them do. It wouldn't even have to be a particularly active fault-line." she said. "That's just one combination. There's dozens of other ways pokemon could be turned into weapons of mass destruction and that's just the common pokemon. We're not even going to go into the Legendaries." she shuddered. "At least it's not Team Magma, Aqua or Flare. They're into world endage. Team Rocket are just straight up crooks. Still plenty dangerous though and not to be taken lightly."

ooc
Magnitude is a weaker version of Earthquake (Which is exactly what it sounds like) and Surf is basically a Tsunami when it isn't used as a way to get across bodies of water.

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

“Okay, we have a likely entry point to the lowest level between the bathroom entrances somehow. We know at least one dark force user is down there along with an opposing Pokémon slaver. And they have a lot of manpower.”

“We hope that’s where they have Kar’Anna.”

“It’s an open club. We can get in easy enough. We can try to find our way below ground. Underground places need air so they must have vents. Maybe creature size.”
Randin looks to Amy with her creatures and then to Sherlock.

“Sherlock is telepathic. Think he and the others can scout?”
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

She nodded. "That's pretty much what Team Rocket is. Slavers. They don't treat their partners as partners with equal say. They're just.... Tools." she spat in obvious distain and nodded to Peekaboo. "He's free to do what he wants. He, like all my pokemon choose to obey me. If I wasn't strong enough in their eyes, they'd make me strong enough!" she sobered. "You'll understand the difference if you meet Team Rocket." she looked thoughtful. "They and teams like Flare, are pretty much the Sith of the pokemon world."

Peekaboo nodded in agreement. "Team Rocket is evil."
“Sherlock is telepathic. Think he and the others can scout?”
"Ordinarily, I wouldn't have a problem, but with pokemon thieves about...." she shivered. "Every pokemon I talked to around here was too scared to talk about the El Rey. That tells me something really, really bad is down there. Most of the time, wild pokemon are chatterboxes if they find a human who can talk back to them."

Ren and Alma popped out. "I'm not scared of Team rocket." the belligerent mouse said.

"If we keep out of sight, it could be possible. Alma agreed

"Let's just see em try to kidnap us!" Peekaboo snarled.

Amy looked at them seriously. "It's dangerous."

"So's dungeon diving. This just has alot more skeletons." Alma retorted as she nodded to the El Rey. "With ray guns and fancy glow sticks." Alma looked at her.

"You're telepathic as well and know Kar-Anna's mind. Can you not talk to her mentally?" the Umbreon asked.

Amy translated. "Alright. They're gung ho for it and do you think I should see if I can?"
Last edited by kirinke on Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Battle Init
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

S & S

Shannon shuddered for a instant. Intellectually, she knew better. Slavery had been old long before the Detweiller Consortium had renamed itself Manpower, Incorporated. But she'd continued to nurture hopes that at least one evil had been left on the other side of the Merge.

"Is this 'Team Rocket' likely to be the prime movers in a complex operation, or simply the 'muscle'?" She asked. There wasn't the slightest bit of evidence any remnants of the Mesan Alignment were present in the Merge, as far as Admiral Givens was aware. And she -- and the rest of her Office of Naval Intelligence, including one Shannon Bradley -- had put more than a little effort into looking. But it was a big universe, and the Alignment had managed to hide in the shadows for centuries before even hints of its existence had shown up to outsiders. And Shannon didn't want to contemplate what they'd try in a universe with the Merge's possibilities.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"Is this 'Team Rocket' likely to be the prime movers in a complex operation, or simply the 'muscle'?"
"It really depends on any number of things. What versions of him and Team Rocket fell through the Merge, what plans Giovanni has going and frankly if it amuses him. He's clever. He practically has to be in order to be a 'boss' of any criminal organization. So maybe to both or neither. He could be just making his own deals outside of whatever is going down here and is just using this place as neutral territory." she shrugged. "Like I said, he and Team Rocket are basically pokemon themed Yakuza with a Sith mindset and possibly powers if they got any Psychic Trainers in their crew. So it could be yes to both or neither or any combination of the two if it's profitable. If it's illegal or immoral, they're interested."

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Entering the El Rey is easy. No questions, no id, no raised eyebrows. And not just for you. For everyone.

Most take a table, order a drink and go about their business. Eventually, they get up to go to the bathroom, and don't come back. You don't see anything that would arouse suspicion. Other than them not coming back out in a timely matter that is. To be clear, there is a wide space between the two bathroom doors, wide enough for a doorway but you don't see one.

The patrons at the bar are what you would expect from having seen people come in, minus quite a few. There is a a woman sitting at the bar nursing a drink - likely not her first as the bottle sits on the bar in front of her. There is some kind of mask/ face plate that she absently stares at when she's not staring blankly at the wall of booze in front of her. You get the feeling that regardless of what she has consumed, she is most definitely not drunk. She is of Asian descent.

The bartender is a local. The waiters appear to be locals as well. One table has a lone foreigner with a pitcher of beer. He may or may not be XD. He's wearing a very expensive suit and is bald.

All, please post two DC 19 Will Saves. The Pokemon and Shannon need to save to. To keep it "fair" someone post for Shannon and Sherlock please.

OOC - Kirinike, please post a link to your build at the top of every IC post for at least the next little while. All - please put the name of the Pokemon accompanying you next to your character name at the top of your post so long as its accompanying you. Also, the way I read things, we are not trying to pass Sherlock off as a Pokemon, correct?
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl can feel something knocking on her mental mind palace door and she firmly put a 'do not disturb' on the outside and told whomever it was mentally "Y'know, I talked myself down from burning this shithole to the ground on general principals. You are not making a good case to keep it that way." she smiled grimly. "I have matches." she looked around. "So I suggest you stop the games and release my pokemon or I will by Arceus and the Sacred Birds, happily do my best to tear this farking place apart and blame you if I get caught." she told the presence in her mindscape in a frighteningly calm, controlled and cold way. She also knew if this were a dark side user, that would titilate the creepazoid even more. At this point though, she didn't give a raticate's bare bottomed behind either way. She was two steps short of making good on her promise and that was quickly going towards lighting the match and grabbing a bottle of liquor and lighting up.

ooc
As far as I know, we aren't. The pokemon themselves know that he's not some weird pokemon, they just treat him like one of the 'guys' so to speak.

I can post Amy's build link to my sig, no problem
will roll 1st
http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=219873 18
Luck point Reroll
http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=219874 14 adding 10 = 24
Second will roll
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=219902 17
Luck point reroll
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=219903 22

insight 20. Perception 25
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=219879

peekaboo
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=219875 will 10
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=219904 1 the cc is not with peeks today
Alma
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=219876 will 10
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=219905 will 18 cc hates the sidekicks.
ren
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=219877 will 22 (the baby makes it!)
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=219906 will 3 crash and burn
Last edited by kirinke on Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

TWO each!? DC19!? Whew. tall order.

Rand:
Will:
1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25
1d20+5 = [17]+5 = 22

Huh, didn't expect that.

Shannon:
Will:
1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10
1d20+6 = [12]+6 = 18
yikes!

Sherlock:
Will:
1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9
1d20+6 = [2]+6 = 8

Ok, clearly I should not be rolling for them.
Rand orders a drink, alert for the dangers around him.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Rand, somebody's farking with our heads again."
she told the man grimly. "At least somebody's knocking on my shields again. Can we please burn the place to the ground on general principles? I'm getting bloody tired of this nonsense." she looked a bit proud of herself. "I'm keeping them out this time."
Last edited by kirinke on Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

As he enters, Lindsey tries his best to make sure his back is never turned towards open space. This was not like fighting vampires in downtown LA...but there were similarities...
[url=http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=219915]_: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27
1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18
And I think Alma's with him