The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Well, there's only one real way to find out. We need to contact Atlantis and see what they think about this entire situation and see if we can cut a deal with Tsung." Amy ventured. "And see if we can procure some crystals for ourselves." she said as she flicked out a toy ball for Alma and Peekaboo to play with. "This is kinda out of my realm of expertise to be honest. I've personally never used any kind of crystals to boost myself or my pokemon." she shrugged. "They seemed more trouble then they're worth to me."

Peekaboo looked up. "Thank you, I do not want to be a Raichu just yet. If ever." he sniffed.

Amy laughed and translated for the others.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Kar'Anna Maraneth
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

Kar'Anna was one of the last two join the group debrief. She'd have been the last, except Kal'annar who had yet to join them. Still in full armor and yet somehow not looking like she'd spent the day in a hot compound while wearing said armor, she helped herself to a glass of water and some fruit after placing a sheathed sword on the table. Sitting down, she removed a bracer from her left wrist.

"Amazing what you can find when you know where to look," she says as she regarded the bracer, "Pity it shorted out, but that transporter allowed Kal'annar and I to make an impressive exist." She sighed a little, knowing that unless she could scavenge, barter or otherwise conjure up another, the device was done.

"This," She said as she drew a sword from the sheath she had set on the table, "Was a gift from a man claiming to be an Inquisitor of the Empire."

She looks at Shannon as she shows the ornate and finely crafted weapon.

"Yes. That Empire.

"Unless I miss my guess, and I doubt that I do, this sword is a Sith Sword. Kal'annar and I received them as... gifts. Retainers as it were, with promises for more power and riches should we obtain Kyber crystals. And I believe that Lionmane was a little too forthcoming in telling us the swords would stand up to lightsabers. I believe he was judging reactions to see what, if anything, we know about what the locals call Star Wars.

"I gather that you were made similar offers or requested like artefacts?"

She took a seat and listened to what the others had to say, nodding at Amy's suggestion to contact Atlantis.

"I have my doubts as to Lionmane's claims, but not enough to challenge him on them. His name seems familiar, as if he modeled his image from someone... I don't know. It was odd. As for kyber crystals, if they exist on this world, there are many who will want them. I'm certain that our... benefactors... would prefer to keep them under some semblance of control lest lightsabers start chopping off limbs on a regular basis."

She raises an eyebrow at the image it conjures while giving Amy a pointed look.

"It'd be Toronto all over again. Except, lightsabers."

OOC:
Well-Informed - Perception: 1d20+9 24
Expertise - Imperial Protocol: 1d20+5 14
Expertise - Sith: 1d20+2 9 - to know about the Sword

I know that Lionmane also gave Kal'annar a lightsaber, and although Bladewind indicated both of us were given (matching) swords, only one lightsaber was provided. I'll leave that to Starguard as to what he wants to do with it. That and I'm leaving out his request for a Ribbon Device.
The personal transporter thing was just fluff explanation that she used her Resourceful advantage to get them out of there.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand regarded the second black-skinned, white-haired humanoid to be in the Atlantian employ. It was hard not to label them as Sakiyan or Thyrsian but this new world held all manner of things that were familiar-but-not-quite. It was enough to drive a body mad.

"If you're talking blocking lightsabers you have a few options. Something so dense not even a lightsaber could cut through - like Quantum Crystals would do. But for materials the best would be a cortosis-weave. It's a way of lacing an alloy with cortosis ore - actually disrupts a lightsaber for a time. The best are made into vibro-swords. Beskar, or Mandalorian Iron is another option. Many of the best legacy armors are laced with that. It comes from Mandalore Prime. The faction I'm from hasn't been back to Mandalore for some time. Phrik, also works, but it's even rarer than cortosis, and there's some of the things the Vong did - their crab armor and amphistaffs could resist lightsabers." Rand shrugs. "Wouldn't be surprised if Sith tinkering went in to that sword of yours, Darkling." Rand says without animosity or challenge.

"I have to say, I didn't learn much. They have a vast underground chamber and big beastie under there as well. I didn't stay long enough to see what it was but I survived which I think brings me to the next 'round' or whatever."
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

The girl's eyebrow's shot up as she recognized the dark-elf Kal came in with. Also memories of Toronto. "Kar-Anna? Is that you?" she asked as she ran over and hugged the drow witch. "Last time I saw you was in Toronto." she grinned.

Battle Init
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Kar'Anna Maraneth

"The one and only. You were expecting Drizzt Do'urden or something? " She nodded as Amy referenced Toronto - even though she had mentioned it a few seconds earlier... She returned the hug, a little more warmly than you'd expect from a drow witch. "Yeah, about Toronto... weren't we supposed to keep that quiet?"

Turning and listening to Rand, she nods again, appreciating his knowledge on the subject,

"Exactly, and as far as I know, a Sith Sword is made with a cortosis-weave. I also found worthy of note that Lionmane seems to think that the so-called Transformers use Kyber crystals as an energy source. He didn't elaborate if they store energy in them or just use them as an energy source on their own.

"And, he talked about a group producing weapons - handguns - that use kyber crystals. Maybe they'd be a good place to start. That is, if we plan to chase down the crystals."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Oh please, who doesn't already know about 'Toronto'?" Rand says with just enough hesitation that it's unclear whether he really knows about Toronto or not.

"So what exactly is our job here? Round up all black market kyber crystals ever?" his tone suggests how unlikely that'd be. "We were told not to disrupt this particular dealer's operation - at least until we knew what they were up to. Are we to go in busting heads? You should know that while I didn't chat with other fighters they look like a mean, capable bunch and club security is well-armed with an excellent response time." Learning that, at least, was one thing accomplished by his busting back through the hidden trapdoor from the whatever-it-was's lair.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Maybe the goal is to find out where they're going." Amy offered and then grinned at Kar-Anna's quip. "Well lightsabers do more damage than dual wielding flutes. But one does what one must in the heat of the moment." she lightly and playfully poked Kar-Anna in the side. "Only this time, can we please not set fire to the Starbucks?" she asked.

Battle Init
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Kar'Anna Maraneth

"You're the one that insists on going to that place." Kar'Anna muttered,

"I'm aware Atlantis wanted this place checked out. Kal'annar mentioned an interest in the hosts of the fights. They're not the power here. I'm not sure who is, but I am sure the fight club is a front.

"I found my way here tracking down... other interests. Amy and Kal'annar I'm sure will vouch for me if you need more credentials, if not... well, whatev."

She sheathes the sword. It's clear she's pleased with the gift.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

As you banter, at some point or another, Rand will realize that the woman - the last woman - he encountered bears a striking similarity to the one encountered by Lindsey and company.

Lindsey recalls that he had detained the 'real' Kobra, and that they had to do something about him lest he return to Kano and expose them all. It was still a mystery how that bait and switch worked so easily. Was Kano fooled at all?

As for Kar'anna's rolls: She is simply not aware of Lionmane or his assistants. It's unlikely that the Emperor would recruit and deploy new operatives this quickly, at least not ones that would operate out in the open like that. Still, there's no real way to explore this thought without drawing attention to herself. Well-Informed - both of Lionmane's lieutenants wore armour of Inquisitor operatives - Jedi Hunters. The one with the Imperial seal on his shoulder designation wasn't clear, but Fifth Brother may be accurate. Expertise Sith - The sword is indeed a Sith Sword, the marking on the hilt and the laser etched runes on the blade confirm it to her. She would need time to determine who it was forged by and for though.

Up to you guys what you want to do. Contact Atlantis? Search for crystals? Track down the supplier of the weapon that you brought to Kano?
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"I think we should contact Atlantis, then see if we can figure out where the weapon came from and find a source of the crystals." Amy offered.

ooc
I vote all three.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

Watching the exchange in silence, Lindsey frowned, thinking. " I still wonder...were these people fooled at all? I mean, Kano looks and behaves like an idiot....but given who he deals with if we reference his previous universe...it takes some savvyness if you want to stay alive when you're surrounded by people who could rip out your spine as an afterthought."

As Amy suggests contacting Atlantis, the former lawyer nods. " Good idea. I already have the feeling we have stumbled into something a few numbers bigger than anyone imagined. An update and new directions wouldn't hurt..."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Woolsey is with Sheppard when you video conference for an update. Both are interested to hear what you have to say.

"So, our intel was off? No surprise there, we had very little to go on and the few other operatives on site are deep cover and have yet to report out. I agree with you that it seems odd that they so readily accepted you at face value, no matter how much Mr Lindsey resembles this Kobra person."

Woolsey jots a few things down before continuing.

"I have the impression that they believe that these kyber crystals are available on Earth - at the very least, I am interested in this Kobra person`s contacts. Are you in a position to get information from him?"
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"With all the craziness going on, having two 'Kobra's" running around isn't odd at all. I mean, during our meet and greet, there was a male Baroness analog there."

Battle Init
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Jewel wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:49 am Kar'Anna Maraneth

[...]

"This," She said as she drew a sword from the sheath she had set on the table, "Was a gift from a man claiming to be an Inquisitor of the Empire."

She looks at Shannon as she shows the ornate and finely crafted weapon.

"Yes. That Empire.
"I saw some signs they were active here myself. Not good news, even if they understand the actual balance of power between an Invictus-class SD(P) and a Star Destroyer at least a little better now." Shannon said. "I have a suspicion they'll be as stubborn as the SLN about admitting it, though. Everything I've seen of them leans that way, at any rate."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Considering who their boss is, it's a given." the girl dead-pans. "I mean, this is the same guy who thought that torturing Vader's son in front of him was a good idea."

Battle Init