The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
StarGuard
Posts: 789
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:23 am
Location: Indiana

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by StarGuard » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:33 pm

:|
Last edited by StarGuard on Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:35 am, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 996
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Bladewind » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:49 pm

Jellico looks up at Kal and nods in approval.
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

Neo-Paladin
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:48 am

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Neo-Paladin » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:04 pm

Lindsey

Having listened to the explanations and the others' reactions, Lindsey considered his options...and finally nodded. Being a good guy did not exactly pay well, in the end...
" I'm in....for now. Just remember, in case you are already planning any shenanigans...I'm a lawyer."

drothgery
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:29 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by drothgery » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:19 am

S & S

"I'm not overly concerned with money. And quite a bit more concerned with my own star nation than any on Earth. Not that I'd wish any ill this world's people; even if this Earth follows the path it did in mine, we're millennia from that Solarian League." Shannon said. Which she thought would be true even if Manticore wasn't the single wealthiest star system in her home universe on a per capita basis, but honesty compelled her to acknowledge that fact in her thinking. "But if I agree to work for you, it's with a clear understanding that anything I learn will definitely be shared with my superiors unless there's an extraordinarily good reason not to. In fact, that would be why I was there at all. And I trust the Star Kingdom's government with the ability to destroy civilizations a lot more than any organization on Earth Prime -- they've had that ability for centuries, and never used it, after all."

kirinke
Posts: 661
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by kirinke » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:31 am

AMY

"Word of advice, do not trust any single organization on this planet. You can trust certain people in them, but as a whole? Don't trust them." The girl sent to her companions."Especially if they have any relations to a government entity or deals with black ops. That aside, we do need to eat and get a roof over our heads and this appeals to our talents. Just remember what I said." she chuckled mentally. "Having an outside government like yours keep an eye on things would help us all really." she told Shannon mentally.

drothgery
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:29 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by drothgery » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:54 pm

Shannon

I am ONI, after all. And I don't think human nature has changed much over the last two millennia. She sent back. We're hardly saints. On balance, we've got a good track record, but the High Ridge government wasn't that long ago. The main reason I trust my people with this sort of thing is because every sane person in my universe knows exactly how dangerous letting that djinn out of the bottle is, to the point where even the most venal and corrupt League bureaucrat thinks planet-killing attacks are beyond the pale.

User avatar
StarGuard
Posts: 789
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:23 am
Location: Indiana

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by StarGuard » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:45 pm

Neo-Paladin wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:04 pm
Lindsey

Having listened to the explanations and the others' reactions, Lindsey considered his options...and finally nodded. Being a good guy did not exactly pay well, in the end...
" I'm in....for now. Just remember, in case you are already planning any shenanigans...I'm a lawyer."
Kal'annar

From over Lindsey shoulder Kal whispers innocently (Hmmm, never expected to use that word with Kal)
"A lawyer? . . . Is that like a priest?

Neo-Paladin
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:48 am

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Neo-Paladin » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:13 pm

Lindsey

He was a bit surprised and thus took a moment to respond before he calmly muttered, " A scholar and interpreter of the law."
And a bender and a breaker and a subverter of the same...but he doubted it would help much to add these things right now.

kirinke
Posts: 661
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by kirinke » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:11 am

Amy

"It depends on your point of view...." she countered dryly, fully expecting Lindsey to elbow her. "The best or the worst become politicians."

She looked at the people in front of her thoughtfully. None of them could be counted as strictly 'good guys' in her book, they were too layered for that. More grey than white. But then, could she herself be counted as a 'white hat'? After all, one of her partners was a dark pokemon and she basically made her living as a kind of free-lance mercenary for hire. She didn't know really. Weyland though concerned her. He seemed a bit too fanatical, too sure that his way was the only way. That kind of mindset could easily fall into the Zealotry category. Out of all of them, she considered him to be the one that bore watching.

"I'd say we just signed up with Team Rocket, but somehow, these guys seem alot more competent."
Peekaboo remarked. "Which.... Is scary."

Alma licked a paw and washed her face reflectively. "Well if we must be honest with ourselves, we are essentially mercenaries. This isn't too much different than what we usually do. Clear monsters from an area, however we may, steal objects from people who would misuse them and scout the area so more powerful people can come in and stomp the bad guys out. We may also have to actually kill other beings to do it. While we haven't had to do that until recently, it was always a risk. So, don't fool yourself. We're just getting paid better for it and will have access to much better equipment than an old bike and a few emergency supplies."

Peekaboo just stuck his tongue out at her.

Amy sighed as she relayed what her partners said. "Can't say you're wrong there." she added dryly.

ooc
She also relayed that bit to the rest of the room. I suspect those who know pokemon tropes would either be highly amused, insulted or both. :twisted:

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 996
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Bladewind » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:50 pm

Weyland and Yutani nod, closing the folders in front of them as they look to the others. Ellis and Jellico assent as well.

"Good." Weyland says, "We'll work out the fine details later, but for now, I think that Mr Jellico and Mr Woolsley can finalize this briefing."

Woolsey makes a bit of a grimace, almost imperceptible. A moment or so later, the others have left and only Jellico and Woolsley are left to discuss the situation with you.

When the room settles down again, coffees are refilled and any odd plate of food replenished, Woolsey activates a smartboard.

As a first mission, what we want, is someone to infiltrate a fight club."

Two images appear on screen. The first appears with information detailing who she is presumed to be. Either a cosplaying wannabe or an actual version of this individual from a gender reversed world. Either way, considered dangerous. She acts as bodyguard to the second . Although a fight club is of minimal interest to this base, the people we represent or even the world at large, what they are doing behind the scenes is.

Your mission is to infiltrate fight club as contenders or high rollers or if you have any other ideas, Jellico is skeptically willing to listen. The main part of the mission is not to dismantle the fight, or even to bring in or neutralize either woman. In addition to the fights, they are Merge Artifact dealers and we want to know who they know, what they have, and we will work from their.
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

Flynnarrel
Posts: 1072
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:56 am

Randin assesses the assignment.

"The only reason I see to go in as a fighter is if you want to know if they have any connections amongst the fighters. Is that really of interest to you?" Rand asks.

"Otherwise, going in as high-rollers to observe their business or even pose as potential customers to get a list of what they have for sale would seem the best bet."
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 996
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Bladewind » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:13 pm

As they prepare to leave, Ellis is the one that answers Shannon.
drothgery wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:19 am
""But if I agree to work for you, it's with a clear understanding that anything I learn will definitely be shared with my superiors unless there's an extraordinarily good reason not to. In fact, that would be why I was there at all. And I trust the Star Kingdom's government with the ability to destroy civilizations a lot more than any organization on Earth Prime -- they've had that ability for centuries, and never used it, after all."


"I admit, it takes exceptional people to do what we do, what we're asking you to do, people who can sublimate their ambitions for the best interest of their people. People like you. You have all the qualifications to be a very important member of this team. We're on the same team. We believe in the same principals.

"I see no reason to not agree to your terms."
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

drothgery
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:29 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by drothgery » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:13 pm

S & S

"I believe we can work together, then." She said. That this was entirely contingent on her superiors' orders went without saying. They knew very well what dealing with active duty military personnel meant, even if they were intel or engineering types and not front-line combatants.

User avatar
StarGuard
Posts: 789
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:23 am
Location: Indiana

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by StarGuard » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:40 pm

Kal'annar

Kal's first thoughts vanish as it is made clear neither woman is expected to be neutralized. From his place behind Lindsey he quietly listens and mentally scoffs at the idea of this band of so-called adventurers as some kind of team. Still, I will play my role ... At least until I have access to the Stargate system again. As much as he would prefer to fight, when the idea of posing as high rollers is put forth another idea comes to Kal's mind.

Kal'annar slides his sword like a snake from his sheath. Displaying it's deadly edge in a not quite menacing fashion in the gleaming light of the conference room. "If they are interested in artifacts from other worlds, then why do we not put forth some for them to bid upon.?"
Last edited by StarGuard on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flynnarrel
Posts: 1072
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:22 pm

"Do ya mean to be rival artifact dealers, or someone trying to sell Dragon Lady in the red dress something they acquired?" Rand asked, the idea interesting him.

Truth be told, any idea that didn't involve him having to hit someone, the pain he caused reflecting itself on his empathetic senses, would be good. Plus, it would remind him too much of the training of his youth - groups of kids encouraged to melee and brawl until one (never Rand) emerged the victor.
"Something pithy this way comes."

Post Reply