The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by kirinke »

AMY LP 0, HP 1

"We're burning the place down after this." she told her companions.

ooc
Mind Shield : Impervious Will 6 (just adds impervious to her will when she has it active)

Will 11 http://orokos.com/roll/710125
LP to reroll 10 (add 10 since the reroll is 10 and under) for 20 http://orokos.com/roll/710126

Second roll 9 http://orokos.com/roll/710128
LP to reroll http://orokos.com/roll/710130 26

Perception
http://orokos.com/roll/710131 13
HP to reroll http://orokos.com/roll/710135 23

You really can't burn on-line die rollers like you can real dice and I know I'm confusing things somehow... :oops:
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand seemingly dismisses Amy’s antagonistic remarks with a wave. His helmet turns from Athens to Kar’Anna.

“Do you mean to say that the Drow is being ‘ridden’ by one of your people?” He clarifies
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Athens raises an eyebrow.

“Astute.”

His gloved hand moves to his belt.

OOC - we’ll, that sorta renders Amy’s rolls unnecessary... keep your LP and HP...
you guys will determine if I call for initiative... so roll it anyway you in your next posts...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy HP 2, LP 2

"Kar-Anna?" she mentally called her friend. "Do you want this, or no?" she asked her seriously. "If you don't, we can fix this."

OOC
Thanks! :)

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kar-Anna simply... laughs.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

ooc
Can she tell if it's the elf or the snake?
I remember, if the snake is immature (like the one's they put in Jaffa), the host is in charge. From what Athen's has alluded, that might be the case.
Next question, what sense would allow them to 'see' the G'aould in the body or even sense if something is different? The critters do have acute senses of smell after all.

I dunno if the jerk is just screwing with them or being serious, hoping for one of them to go off the deep end so they can be manipulated.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kar'Anna's eyes glow.

OOC - Are they good enough to smell food in your stomach? That's the closest analogy that comes too mind... X-Ray vision would work too. ;p
Will give "Kobra" and Rand a chance to post should they desire before answering again....
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

The girl resisted the urge the yank the snake out of her friend and kill it in front of their shared antagonist. A mental flash of her accidentally pulling out her friend's spine stayed her hand as well as Alma gently nipping her.

"I know what you're thinking." the pokemon warned. "Don't." she glared at the man. "He's too strong for us right now. We'll train, get stronger, then smash his head into a wall and feast on his entrails.

Peekaboo nodded. "Think of this a gym. One we can't beat right now by ourselves without alot of training and planning. We'll get there."

"Plus, as soon as we're out of here, we'll knock Kar-Anna out and have those Atlantis guys help her. They've got lots of experience with the snakes." Ren added.

They were right, so very right. But she smiled at the man. "Nice try at manipulating me. But you need to look up what being a psychic pokemon trainer actually is. It's a totally different discipline from jedi or sith traditions. So your mind game tactics aren't going to work very well on me." she smiled a little. "Well other than annoying me, but I'm not going to react like a silly, emotionally repressed jedi who doesn't know how to keep their head when they get angry."

"And I meant what I said." she added in that same mild tone. "The only reason why I'm not capable of it now? Is that I'm not strong enough to beat you with all of your allies around you." she grinned. "I'm a quick and motivated study though." she admitted, figuring that admitting her weaknesses might impress him. After all, knowing one's limits kept her alive. Surpassing them made her thrive in her chosen profession.

She figured he'd not be insulted by her honesty. Given the circumstances, her not wanting the lot of them dead would be strange.
Last edited by kirinke on Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand just nods. "So thas why she's been less of a pain in my ass." he remarks.
init: 1d20+6 13
"Drow aside, what exactly did you think to have us do?"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Other than us being your chew toys." she added. "We can't really do our jobs effectively if you keep screwing with us." she added, looking rather annoyed.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Then... I cannot let you leave." Athens makes no further move to attack or take any action other than let the implications of Amy's statement and his response hang in the air.

He turns to Rand.

"What you would normally do if contracted. Act as guards from time to time - although that would be a waste of your talent - and be an elite unit for missions that I would require."

(OOC - Amy - I also asked for Init, just in case...)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Athens, please forgive the antagonistic words of our youngling here. She was long-time friends with your prospective queen. She's also a Native and their culture doesn't have symbiotic races like the Phydolons of Mydasos in my universe or the Trill of Star Trek. She doesn't have the cultural normalization for the process and the understanding that this is a joyous thing. Please don't hold her upbringing against her." Rand says smoothly.

Though even as he talks a few Google requests brings him first here, then more importantly, here. A Tollan Detachment Device was something that existed, in this galaxy no less, therefore it's something that could be procured or duplicated*.

* has Rand seen anything like that here? Perhaps that device that powered up as he approached?
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

*Rand has seen one on Atlantis, The Tollan device is not Ancient Technology (or an equivalent) so is not affected by the ATA Gene.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

"Also, given the situation, how would you feel and react?" she asked seriously after listening to Rand. "I am being honest with you at least and not hiding my eminity behind smiles and lies." she sighed. "This entire thing could have gone better. " she looked at him. "So tell me. Am I not unjustified in my anger?" she in that same eerie and calm manner, that spoke of a frightening amount of control for one so young.

She held out her hand i supplication. "I am not adverse to working for you. I still have to earn a living as I have said. It will also give you the opportunity to prove yourself to me and I to you." she said coolly. "I think we both know I am not strong enough to challenge you yet. By the time I am, you may be able to change my mind."
Last edited by kirinke on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Aaaand... she apparently doesn't have the tact to know that a mercenary isn't owed any sort of 'proof' from their employer. It's a lesson that, I assure you, Athens, she will learn real quick or not make it in this business." Rand says.

Rand could understand that the girl was upset but as a merc, this was NOT the way negotiations went. Any employer would throw them out on their ear if the hired help talked to them like that. How could you trust someone to guard you if their loyalty (even paid for) was so clearly clouded?