The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Bladewind »

"We do have some personnel that we can spare - low level to maintain plausible deniability. This is actually an Earth bound mission. You'll be heading to Thailand."[/quote]
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Question. Why are you involving Weyland and Yutani? Their company was the main reason why their universe was such a mess to begin with from what I understand. I wouldn't want them anywhere near anything important or give them any kind of power over anything. Unless you're doing it to keep an eye out on them? I mean, it's like giving Team Rocket a pikachu. Nothing good would come of it." she scratched her head. "Ellis I can understand. He's a politician and you need him on your side. But the other two, I mean, there's a million other companies with better reputations for investment and loan purposes. So Why?"
"We do have some personnel that we can spare - low level to maintain plausible deniability. This is actually an Earth bound mission. You'll be heading to Thailand."
"More jungle hell. Joy." She shuddered and considered. "Before we go, do you guys know of any water-pokemon sightings nearby? I need to get one before we leave."
Last edited by kirinke on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:30 pm Rand frowns under his helmet. "Who is he?" he says.

Then, in an effort to not be rude he looks at Lindsey, "Who are you?"
Lindsey

Lindsey shrugs. He had expected this question sooner or later. " Lindsey McDonald. Lawyer and occultist." After a moment, he added, " I might have had a somewhat shady past."
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

S & S
Neo-Paladin wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:46 am After a moment, he added, " I might have had a somewhat shady past."
"In the sense that Oscar St. Just might have been somewhat paranoid..." Shannon said.
kirinke wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:57 am Amy
[...]

"More jungle hell. Joy." She shuddered and considered.
<They do know what the climate is like on Sphinx, right?> The treecat signed.

<We'll probably be mostly indoors, and if we're dealing with the top echelon of society, they'll have air conditioning.> Shannon replied to her friend.

<I guess two-leg devices are occasionally useful.>
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

" Hey...everyone's allowed redemption, not just vampires and demons. If the Merge isn't the perfect opportunity to start anew...I don't know what is", he responded to Shannon.
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Shannon
Neo-Paladin wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:35 pm Lindsey

" Hey...everyone's allowed redemption, not just vampires and demons. If the Merge isn't the perfect opportunity to start anew...I don't know what is", he responded to Shannon.

"Intellectually, I understand that. And 2nd Reformation theology is pretty clear on the point. But if the Merge popped out a St. Just or Cordelia Ransom or Rob Pierre, it'd be very difficult for me not to show them a pulser dart. It's hard enough working with Havenites that I know damn well have reformed, or were just good people working for a bad government. In your case... I'm not from your universe, don't have any personal grudges, and Sherlock believes you."
She said.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:46 am
Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:30 pm Rand frowns under his helmet. "Who is he?" he says.

Then, in an effort to not be rude he looks at Lindsey, "Who are you?"
Lindsey

Lindsey shrugs. He had expected this question sooner or later. " Lindsey McDonald. Lawyer and occultist." After a moment, he added, " I might have had a somewhat shady past."
"Like, *actually* a title character people would recognize? Like from a holocron serial?" Rand sound a little incredulous but shrugs it off quickly. "Hmmm... well... can we use that somehow? Do you look like anyone else that we might be able to exploit for an 'in'?"
"Something pithy this way comes."
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Niisha
Condition: Normal
HP: 3 - LP: 2
Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:02 pm"Like, *actually* a title character people would recognize? Like from a holocron serial?" Rand sound a little incredulous but shrugs it off quickly. "Hmmm... well... can we use that somehow? Do you look like anyone else that we might be able to exploit for an 'in'?"
"It seems that Lindsey's name carries with it some infamy, considering that both Amy and Shannon were already familiar with his reputation. I agree that we would be remiss if we did not address the likelihood of his being recongnized."

She contemplated for a moment.

"It is a boon, really, if one considers the nature of the circle we intend to infiltrate. If Lindsey's sins are on his sleeve, it should make it easier for him to gain acceptance."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Not to mention Mr Mandalore here." Woolsey says as you discuss the possibility of Lindsey being recognized.

"And to answer your question about why Weyland and Yutani have been involved, well, we didn't involve them. The OWIA is an eclectic group that came together and remains together out of mutual need and necessity."

He presses come keys on a datapad in front of him and a screen on the wall lights up.

"however you approach, we do have three operatives in their ranks already. Chun-Li is laying low - she bears a striking resemblance to a former colleague of mine Camile Wray. I believe she is using that as a cover identity. Jacky Bryant, a high profile fighter and race car driver Ièm told from the world of a video game called Virtua Fighter and a police detective by the name of Sam Akehurst.

"You may approach, but with caution and do not tip their covers, especially Li."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"It is a boon, really, if one considers the nature of the circle we intend to infiltrate. If Lindsey's sins are on his sleeve, it should make it easier for him to gain acceptance."
"Considering his rival was Angel, AKA Angelus, I'm willing to cut him some slack. Even with a soul, the guy was a stalker and a major creepazoid. I know my dad would come after him with stake and holy water if he tried what he did with Buffy on me. That and Lindsey did quit Wolf Ram And Hart on his own." Amy smiled a little. "In light of that, I think we can overlook Lindsey's past or put it to good use."
And to answer your question about why Weyland and Yutani have been involved, well, we didn't involve them. The OWIA is an eclectic group that came together and remains together out of mutual need and necessity."
"So in other words, MYOB, huh?" she chuckled. "I get it."
"however you approach, we do have three operatives in their ranks already. Chun-Li is laying low - she bears a striking resemblance to a former colleague of mine Camile Wray. I believe she is using that as a cover identity. Jacky Bryant, a high profile fighter and race car driver Ièm told from the world of a video game called Virtua Fighter and a police detective by the name of Sam Akehurst.

"You may approach, but with caution and do not tip their covers, especially Li.
She looked over the profiles and filed them away in her mind. "Got it. What about people you do want us to cultivate other than the usual poke around and see what flies out of the bushes?"
Last edited by kirinke on Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Bladewind wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:26 pm "Not to mention Mr Mandalore here." Woolsey says as you discuss the possibility of Lindsey being recognized.
"Yeah," he says, not happy at the prospect. "Fer me ta be there an NOT be fighter would seem a bit out-a-sorts. But body guard might work."

Rand looks at Amy likes she's speaking a foreign language. Which she kind of is.

"In any case, Niisha goes in, Me as her hired muscle, looking to buy. Maybe with Shannon as an aide or liaison."

"Lindsey goes in wanting an edge to kill this Angel guy, Amy as his Ward, maybe Kal as his... business/reverge partner? Artifact expert? I dunno."
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY
Rand looks at Amy likes she's speaking a foreign language. Which she kind of is.
"I meant, do you have anyone specific you want us to talk to and cultivate as contacts or allies? Or are you wanting us to chat up everyone that looks like they might have something useful to sell?" she clarified. "Sorry, was kinda slipping into my family talks when we're hunting."

"Lindsey goes in wanting an edge to kill this Angel guy, Amy as his Ward, maybe Kal as his... business/reverge partner? Artifact expert? I dunno."
"Could work." she hrmed. "Although a good flame-thrower would do wonders to end him, the problem is him coming back."

She grinned at Lindsey. "If you want, I can see if we can get a Growlithe or something similar later on. Fire Type Pokemon would rock against Vampires and most undead for that matter." she sighed. "We just need a good Defense monkey right now and Water Pokemon excel at that. Even a weak one would do, that way I can train em up the way I want."

ooc
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=177462 popular culture, untrained check 18+2 = 20.

Battle Init
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:57 pm "In any case, Niisha goes in, Me as her hired muscle, looking to buy. Maybe with Shannon as an aide or liaison."
"Perhaps." Shannon said. "I'll need to get some work done with my uniform; I certainly don't want to be in a fight without antiballistic fabric, and I don't think very many people will recognize Manticoran styles and insignia yet. But it's obviously military, and the circles we'll be walking in don't really favor uniformed techs or intelligence types."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

" I have kept a low profile lately so, yes, it could work. All most people in the know are aware of is that Wolfram&Hart is history and we have all been disbarred. It would be logical for one of their former employees to seek new avenues of employment where a conscience is more of a hindrance than a boon", Lindsey responded. " I'll go along with it if this is the avenue we're going to take."
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Niisha
Condition: Normal
HP: 3 - LP: 2

"I believe we have a plan. If no one has anything further to add, let us make preparations and depart."