D.A.N.G.E.R. Force ( MnM 2e) (OOC-Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MissRo

Re: D.A.N.G.E.R. Force ( MnM 2e interest check)

Post by MissRo »

Yeah, I messed the regen up. She's supposed to have 10 in recovery bonus (5 to allow her to heal like a regular person, thx no con), and 5 for actual bonus, and one rank of recovery rate for bruised/unconscious. I'll update.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

MissRo wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:56 am Yeah, I messed the regen up. She's supposed to have 10 in recovery bonus (5 to allow her to heal like a regular person, thx no con), and 5 for actual bonus, and one rank of recovery rate for bruised/unconscious. I'll update.
No need to apologize or anything, she's in better shape buildwise than a lot of "first pass during submission" characters I see, regardless of who's running the game or edition being used.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I am waaaay out of practice with 2e builds. :D
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:38 am I am waaaay out of practice with 2e builds. :D
Well, at least you posted a 2e build, so you're not the most out of practice. ;)
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I think I'm going to withdraw my flying skill-monkey, if you don't mind. I've suddenly gotten the itch to play a speedster — it's an archetype I've always liked but don't often get to play as one of my "real life" gaming group friends has a love of the Flash that makes my Bat-Fandom look casual. So every time we've played superheroes in the last two decades, he's claimed dibs on the speedy guy.

How does Redline look to you? Obviously I need to dial her back to the appropriate PL and add some biographical details.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:38 am I think I'm going to withdraw my flying skill-monkey, if you don't mind. I've suddenly gotten the itch to play a speedster — it's an archetype I've always liked but don't often get to play as one of my "real life" gaming group friends has a love of the Flash that makes my Bat-Fandom look casual. So every time we've played superheroes in the last two decades, he's claimed dibs on the speedy guy.

How does Redline look to you? Obviously I need to dial her back to the appropriate PL and add some biographical details.
She looks awesome! You very rarely see a speedster that use the heat generated by their movement as an attack. There's lots of avenues for future development with her too...traditional speed tricks, friction control, the sky's the limit.

So yeah...reconfigure her at PL8 and she's golden!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Masquerade
Power Level: 8
Quote: "We all wears masks, I'm just more literal then most."
Concept: Burn victim turned morphic spy.
Legal Status: Mexican Citizen with no criminal record
Identity: Secret
Place of Birth: Hermosillo, Mexico
Marital Status: Single
Living Relatives: None
Height: Varies (5'7)
Weight: Varies (148 lbs.)
Eyes: Varies (Brown)
Hair: Varies (Black)
Abilities: 2+10+6+4+6+8=36
STR: +2 (14), DEX: +5 (20), CON: +3 (16)
INT: +2 (14), WIS: +3 (16), CHA: +4 (18)

Skills: 25 (100)
Acrobatics 2 (+7), Bluff 11 (+15), Computers 2 (+6), Diplomacy 4 (+8), Disable Device 5 (+7), Drive 3 (+8), Escape Artist 4 (+9), Gather Information 4 (+9), Intimidate 2 (+6), Investigate 4 (+6), Knowledge (Business) 2 (+4), Knowledge (Current Events) 6 (+8), Knowledge (Streetwise) 6 (+8), Language (English, Italian, French) 3, Notice 6 (+9), Pilot 4 (+9), Profession (Spy, Saboteur) 8 (+10), Search 4 (+6), Sense Motive 6 (+9), Sleight of Hand 4 (+8), Stealth 6 (+12), Survival 4 (+7)

Feats: 18
Ambidexterity, Attractive, Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Attack Focus: Melee 2, Defensive Roll, Jack-of-All-Trades, Sneak Attack, Improved Critical (Combat Knife), Equipment 3, Distract (Bluff), Dodge Focus 4

Powers:

"Nanomechanical Molecular Reassembling Implant" 15+1=16
..Morph 7: Humanoids Precise14+1=15
..Immunity 1: Aging 1

Equipment: 15/15 EP
-Weapons-
.. Sharp Knife: +2 / 19-20 / Piercing / 10 ft. / Tiny / 5 EP
..Silenced Hold-out pistol +2 / 20 / Ballistic, Subtle / 20 ft. / Tiny / 5 EP
-Armor-
..Nanomorphic Armored jumpsuit: +3 / Subtle, Feature: Affected by Masquerade's Morph / 5 EP

Combative Abilities: 6+4
Tradeoffs: D/T: +2/-2
Attack Bonus: +6 (Ranged: +6, Melee: +8, Grapple: +7)
Attacks:
.."Knife" to meet you: +8 Attack, +4 Damage (+6 Sneak), 18-20 Crit
..A shot in the dark: +6 Attack, +2 Damage
Defense: 6(10) (Flat-footed: 2 )
Initiative: +5

Tough: +3(+6), Fort: +3(+8), Ref: +5(+10), Will: +3(+8)

Languages:
Spanish, English, Italian, French

Totals:
Abilities 38 + Skills 25 ( 100 ranks) + Feats 18 + Powers 16 + Combat 10 + Saves 15 - Drawback 2 = 120
Drawbacks
Powerloss (Effects with the electrical descriptor)(Uncommon, Minor)(-2pp)

Complications
Pyrophobia:"The heat- The screams- ¡No más! ¡No mas por favor!"
Oscar was trapped behind burning ruble as his home burnt down around him, and while he couldn't see his siblings or parents, he could hear them. Their terrified screams echoes through his head whenever he sees open flames, and he instinctively flinches away from sudden heat or warmth.

Disability: Scorched Beauty
Before the fire, Oscar was a man who prided himself on his good looks and would never hesitate to flash girls a pearly smile. But afterwards, his hair had been burnt off and his skin was left heavily scarred. Children would point and laugh, woman reeled in disgust and fear, and men would give him either pity or suspicion. His implant let's him be the charmer he used to be, and not the monster he became.

Hatred: Drug-lords
His father's ties to an insidious gang of coke-fiends is what led to the arson, some dispute from a rival faction that had little regard for casualties. Oscar has developed an intense hatred for them, witnessing first hand the lengths they'd go to in order to scrape in more cash. He as such has little tolerance for dealers, and hopes to put an end to as many operations as he can.

-------------------------------------
Backstory:
Oscar was one of several children in his household, with surprisingly well off parents who treated their children like princes and princesses. He never really knew just what his father did in order to keep this life of luxury until one midsummer's morning when their rural home was set ablaze. He tried to be brave and save his family, but he only succeeded in getting caught under the collapsing home.

Rescuers found him half dead days later, and it was almost miraculous that he manged to survive as long as he did. However, his survival came at a steep cost- intense 3rd degree burns covered swaths of his skin, and treatment was limited. Police popped in a few times during his year recovering in the hospital, where he finally learned of his father's crimes.

Oscar couldn't believe that his own father would do such terrible things, but the evidence was hard to deny when he was living proof of a gang related dispute. His family funds were drained away, confiscated they had said, and he was left without a home to return to and not a centavo to his name.

His appearance left it hard for him to find work, and it would be years of struggle until he heard word that the government was recruiting disabled volunteers for an experimental program. It promised to help them with their issues, and even more. With hope in his chest for the first time since the fire he lept at the opportunity and submitted himself to the program.

They promised to help restore his looks to how they used to be as he was going under, where they implanted a strange mechanical device into the base of his neck. In theory, it was supposed to increase his regenerative abilities via the use of nanomachines roaming through his pathways, but it would instead allow him to completely change the way he looked down to the cellular level.

He was put through a series of tests before they approached him with an offer to become something more then just a disabled volunteer, he would become a hero for his country in it's war to end internal corruption. He readily accepted, and it would only be a few more short years until Oscar became well known as Masquerade, the dashing Mexican super spy!
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

@Doctor Malsyn- Masquerade looks good. Lots of skills, but a little more of a back-up character in combat. Remember all characters in 2e have a 10 base def, your total def not flat footed in 20. That should make him fairly difficult to hit in most situations, especially for the minions (and minions are likely to be plentiful, I get them in bulk).

So the problem with the skill monkeys is pretty much solved. We've got a scrappy skill guy and a sneaky one, so depending on the number of other submissions that come in (I'll put a closing date on submissions pretty soon) nobody is competing.

Finished submissions include our two skill guys, a seemingly undead mistress of destruction and creation and a hot speedster.

Looks good, but the team could certainly use a little brute strength. That's the only thing I think is specifically lacking that's almost a "must have".
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

REDLINE
Original Character
Power Level 8 ( 120 PP )

ABILITIES
Strength 12 (+1) Dexterity 14 (+2) Constitution 10 (+0)
Intelligence 12 (+1) Wisdom 10 (+0) Charisma 12 (+1)

SAVES
Toughness: (+0 / +4 Defensive Roll)
Fortitude: (+3) Base 3
Reflex: (+5) Base 3
Will: (+3) Base 3

SKILLS
Acrobatics 3 (+5), Bluff 11 (+12), Gather Information 4 (+5), Intimidate 4 (+5), Knowledge [Military Officer] 5 (+6), Notice 5 (+5), Pilot 8 (+10), Search 4 (+5), Sense Motive 8 (+8)

FEATS
Attack Focus [Melee] (2), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (4), Dodge Focus (2), Improved Defense, Taunt

POWERS
Redline Speed Speed 11, Quickness 8, Improved Initiative 5 [ 24 PP ]
Linked to: Flame Trail Strike 8 (Extras: Action [Move; +1], Area [Trail; +1]) [ 24 PP ]

Speed Aura Immunity 5 (Enviromental Heat [1], Friction Desctiptor [2], Kinetic Descriptor [2]) [ 5 PP ]

Superior Reflexes Enhanced Feats 10 (Dodge Focus [5], Evasion [2], Fast Overrun, Move by Action, Uncanny Dodge [Visual]) [ 10 PP ]

COMBAT
Base Attack: +0 (+2 Melee
Base Defense: +3 (+10 Dodge Focus

ABILITIES [ 20 pp ] +
SAVES [ 9 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 13 pp ] +
FEATS [ 11 pp ] + POWERS [ 63 pp ] + COMBAT [ 6 pp ] + DRAWBACKS < -2 pp > :: 120 PP TOTAL

DRAWBACKS
Vulnerability (Extreme Cold): Effects that rely on extreme cold prove especially effective against Redline's hyperkinetic physiology. (Uncommon, Moderate) [ -2 PP ]

COMPLICATIONS
TBD.

BACKGROUND
Education: Bachelor of Science, University of Toronto
Date of Birth: May 24, 1991 (Age 25)
Base of Operations: D.A.N.G.E.R. Force HQ
Height: 5'7" (1.70 m)
Weight: 135 lbs. (61 kg)
Measurements: 35-25-34 (34A)
Eyes: Green
Hair: Blonde
Race: Human
Identity: Public
Religion: Catholic
Relationships: Joesph Clarke (father; 60), Emma Clarke (mother; 51), Catherine Clarke (sister; 28)
Legal Status: Citizen of Canada with no criminal record.

Lieutenant Audrey Clarke is a Royal Canadian Air Force veteran and CF-18 Hornet pilot. Operating over northern Afghanistan as part of IASF, her fighter collided with an alien craft. Clarke ejected, but struck some debris, and landed unconscious near the wreckage of the alien ship. Despite extensive damage, several of the ship's systems "came to life." One of these systems was some sort of automated surgical bed, which due to its damaged state "read" Clarke as a severely injured member of its crew and attempted to "repair" her.

These "repairs" involved the removal and replacement of her lungs, eyes, and forty-three percent of her nervous system... including her spinal column. Xenomorphic organs replaced her nervous system and lungs, exotic bionic devices were grafted to her spine, and her musculature was altered by alien pharmaceuticals... the end result being that Clarke can now survive on a much thinner atmosphere than most humans, has a reaction time approximately fourty times swifter than baseline, and can withstand extremely high temperatures. All of which tends to go unnoticed due to the most dramatic effect of the alien ship's "repair" to its unwilling patient: Clarke can now run at supersonic speeds.

With no way to safely undo these alterations and without a complete understanding of the extent of them, Clarke is unable to return to civilian life or resume her regular military duties. However, her new "gifts" make her an invaluable asset for the D.A.N.G.E.R. field team.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

If I've got my 2e math right, Redline should actually be under cap defensively unless she's able to keep moving — the classic "fragile speedster" trope. Her offensive capability is limited too, as she's not that great at fisticuffs... But she's got a 250' long wall of fire behind her and a move-by action that spans miles.

I've decided to make her a pilot too. Potentially averting the problem of the speedster who runs off to scout the entire city while the rest of the team's still en route... If I'm "driving the bus" I can't ditch the team!
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Vigilance's concept was kind of based around the idea of being super humanly tough & durable, however Deadgirl is pretty much that with a big front loaded attack on top, so I will need to rethink my concept.

Let me see what I can come up with that fits a niche.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:05 am
I've decided to make her a pilot too. Potentially averting the problem of the speedster who runs off to scout the entire city while the rest of the team's still en route... If I'm "driving the bus" I can't ditch the team!
Hmm... Perhaps I should give Masquerade a worse pilot rank in that case, he's only a step behind her there. #1 Co-pilot? ;P
------------
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

ZenGypsy wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:55 pm Vigilance's concept was kind of based around the idea of being super humanly tough & durable, however Deadgirl is pretty much that with a big front loaded attack on top, so I will need to rethink my concept.

Let me see what I can come up with that fits a niche.
I wouldn't sweat it so hard. The team is likely to need more than one character who can soak some damage as two of the submissions most definitely can't.
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Heh, I was just tinkering but if you don't think it's too much of an overlap I can switch back. My only concern is that a significant portion of points is tied up into Immunity to Lethal Damage, which thereby converts it to Non Lethal. How often will that come into effect?

Should I just take the limit off of his Impervious, as Impervious 8 is going to protect me from the majority of real world weaponry as is, and sink those 20 something points into something else?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

So far we have America, Canada, Mexico, and Egypt represented in this cast of submissions. An interesting cast, I think.

By the by, you may not have noticed but I decided to tangibly link Masquerade's implant to the thing which made Dead Girl 'living impaired'. Likely not the same one of course unless Mexico was given it or it was stolen, but it's in a similar caste. Some sort of nanomachine infused implant which modifies genetic code.
------------