D.A.N.G.E.R. Force ( MnM 2e) (OOC-Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: D.A.N.G.E.R. Force ( MnM 2e) (2 spots left)

Post by MacynSnow »

Horsenhero wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:52 pm Okay, I will look over all the builds and what not as soon as I can, but, because things can never go smoothly...

...my room mate collapsed the other day and it's now been determined he has an aneurysm...

...so, since he's a friend I'm going to be spending some time at the hospital and getting his family, work and personal stuff sorted. I'm hoping it won't slow things down too badly and the doctors figure they can repair this surgically, so it isn't like I'm making funeral arrangements (or helping his sisters do so), but it will be a distraction, I'm sure.

Anyway, waiting for Shock to pitch what he's going to pitch and I'll look over everyone else's builds and besides that we'll call recruiting as good as done.
take your time man,I hope your roomate get's better!
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

MacynSnow wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:48 pm
Horsenhero wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:52 pm Okay, I will look over all the builds and what not as soon as I can, but, because things can never go smoothly...

...my room mate collapsed the other day and it's now been determined he has an aneurysm...

...so, since he's a friend I'm going to be spending some time at the hospital and getting his family, work and personal stuff sorted. I'm hoping it won't slow things down too badly and the doctors figure they can repair this surgically, so it isn't like I'm making funeral arrangements (or helping his sisters do so), but it will be a distraction, I'm sure.

Anyway, waiting for Shock to pitch what he's going to pitch and I'll look over everyone else's builds and besides that we'll call recruiting as good as done.
take your time man,I hope your roomate get's better!
Well, it's an aortic aneurysm...so now it's just a matter of whether the docs can repair it or if it's just a matter of time before his heart bursts. As a widower, he doesn't take the best care of himself and now that's coming back to haunt him... and me, sort of indirectly.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

That's some really heavy stuff mate, I hope things can work out. Take all the time you need.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Seriously. Take whatever time you need... Real world hardships take precedence over playing pretend superheroes online.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Best of luck to your roommate HH.

On a lighter note, I hope to have my pitch up later tonight.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Shock wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:22 am Best of luck to your roommate HH.

Cool!

Just so everyone knows and doesn't feel the need to treat this so solemnly...my room mates big concern? Could I go pick up his lottery tickets? Seriously. He called me from the hospital to make sure I didn't forget.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Well, a man's gotta have their priorities after all...
------------
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

You can't win if you don't play.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Sorry to hear about this situation. It sucks for everyone involved.
"Something pithy this way comes."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Horsenhero wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:37 am
Shock wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:22 am Best of luck to your roommate HH.

Cool!

Just so everyone knows and doesn't feel the need to treat this so solemnly...my room mates big concern? Could I go pick up his lottery tickets? Seriously. He called me from the hospital to make sure I didn't forget.
one of my late Uncles was the same way: on the day before he died,he "Made" me break a block of Coal the size of a Dinning room table,then picked up the 40Ib. buckets i'd put the pieces in and took them inside his house.Your Roomate's what i'd call "Old time Tough",so he should be OK...
Shock

Re: D.A.N.G.E.R. Force ( MnM 2e) (Just waiting on Sh***))

Post by Shock »

Subtle message received HH. ;} I'll be done tonight for sure. Just trying to work out a disability.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Shock wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:17 pm Subtle message received HH. ;} I'll be done tonight for sure. Just trying to work out a disability.
A disability is a physical or mental deficiency or change which causes a person to function at a perceived less than optimal level in comparison to the general species norm in activities the change or deficiency influences.

There...disability all worked out for you. :mrgreen:
Shock

Post by Shock »

OK here's Anklosaur. I'm kinda surprised HH isn't tired of seeing him yet ;}
Butch Reynolds - 120 points - PL 8

Abilities - 12 points
Str - 14/30 - 4 points
Dex - 12 - 2 points
Con - 14/30 - 4 points
Int - 10 - 0 point
Wis - 10 - 0 points
Cha - 12 - 2 points

Attack +5 - 10 points
Defense +6 - 12 points

Saves - 10 points
Fortitude +11 (+10 con + 1 bought)
Reflex +6 (+1 dex + 5 bought)
Will +4 (+0 wis + 4 bought +4 vs fear)
Toughness +10 (+10 con) (Impervious 7)

Powers - 53 points
Variable Descriptor Strength (Claws or punch) - 1 point
Impervious Toughness 7 (Noticeable, Only vs Physical) - 3 points
Super Senses (Scent, Ultrahearing, Lowlight Vision) - 3 points
Super Strength 4 (Groundstrike) - 9 points
Growth 4 (Permanent) - 12 points
-gives +8 Str +4 Con +2 Intimidate -1 Attack -1 Defense
Immovable 4 - 4+1 points
-AP:Leaping 4
Enhanced Strength 8 - 8 points
Enhanced Constitution 12 - 12 points

Skills - 10 points
Climb - 2(8)
Drive - 6(7)
Intimidate - 7(10)
Knowledge(Tactics) 4(4)
Medicine 2(2)
Notice - 4(4)
Profession(soldier) - 5(5)
Sense Motive - 4(4)
Survival - 4(4)
Swim - 2(8)

Feats - 13 points
Attack Specialization(Unarmed)
Distract(Intimidate)
Dodge Focus 1
Fearsome Presence 4
Improved Grapple
Interpose
Lionheart (+4 on Will saves vs Fear)
Power Attack
Startle
Ultimate Save(Toughness)

Combat
Unarmed - Attack +6, Damage +10
Groundstrike - Reflex Save DC 20 Trip +10(-1 per 10') vs Str/Dex within 100'
Grapple +23 (+5 attack +10 strength +4 superstrength +4 size)
Defense +6 (+3 permanent +4 dodge -1 size)
Knockback -18
Initiative +1

Complications
-Being so big has disadvantages both in getting around and manipulating small objects
-Butch now looks like a monster. That makes it difficult for him in some situations
-If his DANGER treatment is ever suppressed or reversed, Butch drops to Con 5

Butch Reynolds was a regular high school football kind of guy. He joined the Marines when he graduated high school. He ended up as part of a trial for a new chemical weapon counter-agent. One day, just after taking a dose, both of his lungs collapsed and he had a heart attack. Somehow, he survived but the damage to his health was substantial. From that day forward, he had the endurance of a geriatric and was unable to lead a normal life. He needed oxygen after climbing a flight of stairs and wasn't even able to life a kitchen garbage can without exhausting himself. Butch didn't hesitate to volunteer as soon as he became aware of the D.A.N.G.E.R. Force. The treatment transformed him into a human facsimile of a dinosaur.

Butch now stands about 8.5 feet tall, weighs over 600 pounds and is covered in armored plates. He has large claws replacing his fingernails and small spikes coming out of his head. He has with fine manipulations and navigating narrow spaces but he finds it far preferable to the state he was in previously and it allows him to serve in a far greater capacity than he was as a "normal" Marine.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Okey dokey and that does it! All recruiting is officially closed. The only thing that surprises me here is no psionics showed up. Usually as soon as I say "investigation/role-play heavy", at least one telepath makes an appearance, but every character presented in interesting and potentially really fun.

Honestly, since there's only 8 I'm tempted to take everyone. It doesn't take much to boost an adventure from a 6 character brouhaha to an 8 character kerfuffle.

It's a little late in the evening to make a definitive pronouncement, but be prepped for a casting where everyone gets cast. One of my all time best pbp games started that way (ran 3 years), so I'm a little superstitious in that respect.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Could be interesting! We seem to have an interesting spread of archetypes as well from various countries, though I think three are from the U.S. ('Merica!). I'll keep an eye out for what you decide upon mate.
------------