D.A.N.G.E.R. Force ( MnM 2e) (OOC-Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Horsenhero

Re: D.A.N.G.E.R. Force ( MnM 2e interest check)

Post by Horsenhero »

ZenGypsy wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:42 pm Heh, I was just tinkering but if you don't think it's too much of an overlap I can switch back. My only concern is that a significant portion of points is tied up into Immunity to Lethal Damage, which thereby converts it to Non Lethal. How often will that come into effect?

Should I just take the limit off of his Impervious, as Impervious 8 is going to protect me from the majority of real world weaponry as is, and sink those 20 something points into something else?

That could work. Impervious 8 is going to pretty much any conventional weapon short of an RPG (rocket propelled grenade, not role-playing game), lethal damage or not, so you're probably safe moving that 20 points if you want.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Horsenhero wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:48 pm
ZenGypsy wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:42 pm Heh, I was just tinkering but if you don't think it's too much of an overlap I can switch back. My only concern is that a significant portion of points is tied up into Immunity to Lethal Damage, which thereby converts it to Non Lethal. How often will that come into effect?

Should I just take the limit off of his Impervious, as Impervious 8 is going to protect me from the majority of real world weaponry as is, and sink those 20 something points into something else?

That could work. Impervious 8 is going to pretty much any conventional weapon short of an RPG (rocket propelled grenade, not role-playing game), lethal damage or not, so you're probably safe moving that 20 points if you want.
Role Playing Games are a very unconventional weapon.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:46 pm So far we have America, Canada, Mexico, and Egypt represented in this cast of submissions. An interesting cast, I think.

By the by, you may not have noticed but I decided to tangibly link Masquerade's implant to the thing which made Dead Girl 'living impaired'. Likely not the same one of course unless Mexico was given it or it was stolen, but it's in a similar caste. Some sort of nanomachine infused implant which modifies genetic code.
Well, it could be linked or even a version of the same tech, because the characters were recruited from their respective countries they empowered under a UN program, not by their own countries. The United Nations owns and is protective of this tech (which of course means more than one country is trying to steal it, up to and including permanent members of the security council, because governments are not monolithic and agencies often act against one another).
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ahhh, I getcha then. Anywho, I think I'll leave it up to you for how similar in nature they really are.
------------
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:46 pm So far we have America, Canada, Mexico, and Egypt represented in this cast of submissions. An interesting cast, I think.

By the by, you may not have noticed but I decided to tangibly link Masquerade's implant to the thing which made Dead Girl 'living impaired'. Likely not the same one of course unless Mexico was given it or it was stolen, but it's in a similar caste. Some sort of nanomachine infused implant which modifies genetic code.
Rosie sighed. "So it killed me but turned you into Mexican Brad Pitt. Yeah, that sounds about right."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

MissRo wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:15 pm

Rosie sighed. "So it killed me but turned you into Mexican Brad Pitt. Yeah, that sounds about right."
Oscar scoffs, crossing his arms over his chest. Wasn't that shirt buttoned up a moment ago? "Oh please, it is Brad Pitt who wishes he could turn into me. "
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Horsenhero wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:41 pm @MacynSnow...the biggest problem with Khamaseen I can see right off the bat is he's built using 3e rules in a 2e game. Since there are a few crucial places where the two editions don't directly translate it's difficult to meaningfully comment on what in the build may or may not work.
Oh,for crying in cornflakes!......I'll have a 2e version of him set up&posted Tommorrow(*mumble,mumble...*) ... :oops:
Horsenhero

Re: D.A.N.G.E.R. Force ( MnM 2e) (2 spots left)

Post by Horsenhero »

We're...almost...there. One or two builds that can round out the team and I'll be ready to roll.

With the added muscle to Vigilance we've got a brick (or at least brick-ish) guy, so besides Khaseem if we could latch onto one more untouched niche, things'll be perfect. Even if Khaseem gets written up and there's no other offerings, we'll be good to go. We could go with 4, but I like a character or two as padding for attrition.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

We'll see if this fits what you're looking for....

Dr. Ink

Dr. Heinrich von Mendink Is a leader in the field of Xenobiology. So when a meteor came down outside of Dresden, Germany - a meteor theorized to have traveled the cosmos since the dawn of the Universe itself - showing traces of extra-terrestrial bacterium, Dr. Mendink was called in. Cranes lifted the Voltswagon-sized meteor so the doctor could get scrapings from underneath. They were not up to the task. The composite of rock and metal and ice fell on to the doctor's right arm, crushing it to a pulp and tearing the environment suit the man wore. It also cracked letting an inky black sledge free from the meteor's interior. The sludge coalesced, latching itself onto the now vacated shoulder stump. It formed into a tentacle, dripping unnatural ichor with... deleterious effects on the living things around him.
Dr. Mendink found that the alien prescence had an interaction with his mind as well as his arm and uncontrolled visions of the future come unbidden. He has so far passed every psych evaluation showing that the alien presence has not affected his already questionable personality. So far the alien arm hasn't expressed desires or ambitions, but it's influence is still growing.

Complications:
Symbiote - The alien arm is just starting to whisper into Dr. Heinrich's mind. Perhaps as it's personality asserts itself so will ambitions. It's not moved of it's own volitioin yet, but there are random twitches that could knock something over.
unknown origins - The nature of the arm is still in question. Is it part of some larger organism that will one day come to collect? Is it an intergalactic prisoner inadvertantly freed? Is it an Elder God returned and waking from slumber?
Missing arm - without the symbiote, Dr. Mendink is missing his primary arm and will take penalties on all actions performed with left.
Doctor - While he's never really agreed with the Do No Harm aspect, his first inclination is to take care of people he cares for... or are at least useful to him.
Creeeeeepy - the arm is unsettling to those around Dr. Mendink. Dr. Mendink was creepy on his own even before the arm.

PL8 120

STR 10
CON 16
DEX 14
INT 18
WIS 16
CHA 8

Saves
Toughness 3+5 = 8

Fort 3+4pp=7 REf 2+6pp=8 Will 3+6pp=9

Combat:
BAB -
BDB: 4 [8pp] +4Dodge = 18 to be hit (12 flatfooted)

Skills: 12pp]
Computers 4(+8)
Investigate 6(+10)
Knowledge (Xenobiology) 4(+8)
Medicine 3(+6)
Notice 8(+11)
Search 3(+7)
Sense motive 8(+11)
Concentration 8(+11)
Languages: (German[native], English, French, Russian, Latin)

Advantages [13pp]: Attack Specialization Tentacle 4, Dodge 4, Eidetic Memory, Power Attack, Skill Mastery(Medicine, Sense Motive, Investigate, Notice), Master Plan, Luck,

Powers
Feature - overcomes missing arm Drawback [1pp]

Alien composition: Protection 5 [5pp]

Immunity: Own Powers, [1pp]
Immunity (half effect): poison, sleep, Suffocation (long breath holding) [2pp]

Elongation 4 (Arm Only) {100ft} [2pp+2AP]
AP:Swinging
AP:Super Str, limited-Arm Only pr2

Sticky Undulations: Wall Crawling [2pp]

Tentacle Wrap; Snare (Anchored), Range-Close, Engulf, Constricting, Tether, Chokehold pr 8 [18pp +3P]
AP: Slime spew; Snare (Anchored), Range Close, Area-shapable, Full Round Action, Transparent, Obscures sense (Eyes & Nose) pr 8
AP: Stun, Reversible, Sedation pr 8
AP: Paralyze, Reversible pr 8

Clouds
Ghastly green cloud; Nauseate, Area-Cloud, Full Round Action, Sense Dependent (olfactory), pr 8, [8pp+2AP]
{DC18 Ref negates, else DC 18 Fort. He aerosolizes noxious slime excreted by the tentacle}
AP: Pheromones; Emotion Control(Close Range), (limited-Fear), Area-Cloud, Resist-Fort, pr 8 linked Emotion Control(Close Range), (limited-Despair), Area-Cloud, Resist-Will, pr 8
{DC18 Ref for half, DC 18/14 Fort (Fear), DC 18/14 Will (Despair). The Pheromones are released from the alien tentacle in a cloud but are absorbed by contact rather than by breathing them in. They contain a mix of Nervine depressants and amygdala activators.}
AP: Inky cloud; Obscure (Visual & Olfactory), Range Close, Duration- Continuous, Fading, pr 4 {Up to 50ft radius}
{The tentacle releases a lingering, clingy ink cloud that slowly disperses.}

Senses: Dark Vision [2pp],
Dark Visions of the future (Precognition, Uncontrolled), Uncanny Dodge(Mental), Evasion 2 [5pp]

Disability:
one arm (very common, moderate, 4 points)

Attrib 22 + Saves 16 + Combat 8+ Skills 12+ Feats13+ Powers 53 - Disability 4 = 120
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Well, the character I had in mind is a powerhouse and that seems to already be taken so I'll keep thinking
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Shock wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:44 am Well, the character I had in mind is a powerhouse and that seems to already be taken so I'll keep thinking
"Powerhouse" is a fairly broad Archetype: Hulk, She-Hulk, Atom Smasher, the Thing, Damage, Colossus, Bane, Beast... All nominally "powerhouses" and all quite distinct.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Man, I hate barely knowing anything about 2e. This looks like a fun game/group :)
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Shock wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:44 am Well, the character I had in mind is a powerhouse and that seems to already be taken so I'll keep thinking
I would call Vigilance more of the Warrior archetype, yes, his Strength is above peak human, however it is low superhuman, he still relies on Combat feats, and things like Startle, Intimidate and Stealth to even the playing field. I feel there is still room for the Powerhouse archetype without stepping on anyone's specific niche.

Also, I was down with a bug over the weekend, as such wasn't able to muster the energy to do much writing. However, I am working on a more fleshed out back story and complications, which I should have up either today, or tomorrow. My nephew's birthday today, so there may be some food & drink this evening ... :)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Khamaseen has now been made into a 2e build and ready for a look over...
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Okay, I will look over all the builds and what not as soon as I can, but, because things can never go smoothly...

...my room mate collapsed the other day and it's now been determined he has an aneurysm...

...so, since he's a friend I'm going to be spending some time at the hospital and getting his family, work and personal stuff sorted. I'm hoping it won't slow things down too badly and the doctors figure they can repair this surgically, so it isn't like I'm making funeral arrangements (or helping his sisters do so), but it will be a distraction, I'm sure.

Anyway, waiting for Shock to pitch what he's going to pitch and I'll look over everyone else's builds and besides that we'll call recruiting as good as done.