D.A.N.G.E.R. Force ( MnM 2e) (OOC-Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: D.A.N.G.E.R. Force ( MnM 2e interest check)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

You said this is a UN sponsored team, so would you prefer if heroes come from more then just one or two countries?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

SERAPH
Original Character
Power Level 8 ( 120 PP )

ABILITIES
Strength 12 (+1) Dexterity 14 (+2) Constitution 12 (+1)
Intelligence 18 (+4) Wisdom 14 (+2) Charisma 14 (+2)

SKILLS
Computers 6 (+10), Craft [Chemical] 6 (+10), Craft [Electronic] 6 (+10)*, Craft [Mechanical] 11 (+15)*, Craft [Structural] 4 (+8), Disable Device 11 (+15), Diplomacy 3 (+5), Knowledge [Tactics] 4 (+8), Knowledge [Earth Sciences] 6 (+10), Knowledge [Life Sciences] 11 (+15), Knowledge [Physical Sciences] 11 (+15)*, Knowledge [Technology] 11 (+15)*, Knowledge [Xenotechnology] 6 (+10), Investigate 4 (+8), Medicine 4 (+8), Pilot 10 (+12), Profession [Scientist] 1 (+5), Profession [Military] 1 (+5)

ADVANTAGES
Accurate Attack, Attack Focus [Ranged] (2), Attractive (1), Benefit [Wealth (2), Status (2)] (4), Connected, Contacts, Dodge Focus (2), Endurance, Environmental Adaptation [High Altitudes], Equipment (3), Favored Environment [Airborne] (2), Improved Aim, Improved Initiative (3), Inventor, Move-by Action, Skill Mastery [Electronics, Mechanical, Physical Science, Technology], Teamwork (1)

POWERS
Bionic Wings & Neurological Enhancements Flight 4 (8 PP); Super Senses 5 (Extended Vision [5]; 5 PP) [ 13 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 15 EP )

SAVES
Toughness: (+1) ——
Fortitude: (+2) Base 2
Reflex: (+5) Base 3
Will: (+5) Base 3

COMBAT
Base Attack: +5 Melee: +7; Ranged: +5
Base Defense: +5

ABILITIES [ 24 pp ] + SKILLS [ 29 pp ] + Feats [ 28 pp ] + POWERS [ 13 pp ] + COMBAT [ 20 pp ] + SAVES [ 8 pp ] - DRAWBACKS [ 2 pp ] :: 104 PP TOTAL

DRAWBACKS[/b]
Power Loss (Winged Flight): Seraph's wings allow her to fly, but they run the risk of being fouled or restrained, which prevents flight. If she is immobilized, restrained, or bound, she cannot fly. [ -2 PP ]

BACKGROUND
Education: Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) Royal Military College of Canada; Doctor of Philosophy, Engineering (Ph.D.), University of Toronto
Date of Birth: May 24, 1996 (Age 30)
Base of Operations: D.A.N.G.E.R. Force HQ
Height: 5'7" (1.70 m)
Weight: 135 lbs. (61 kg)
Measurements: 35-25-34 (34A)
Eyes: Green
Hair: Auburn
Race: Human
Identity: Public
Religion: Catholic
Relationships: Joesph Clarke (father; 60), Emma Clarke (mother; 51), Catherine Clarke (sister; 28)
Legal Status: Citizen of Canada with no criminal record.

Captain Audrey Clarke is a Royal Canadian Air Force veteran and an expert in bio-mechanical engineering who was assigned to the Department of Allied Nations, Global Emergency Response team a year ago. Prior to that assignment, she had been at the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), due to the RCAF's longstanding partnership with the United States Air Force in protecting continental airspace. During a routine examination of a crashed alien spacecraft -- which D.A.N.G.E.R. Force field agents had deemed non-functional -- several of the ship's systems "came to life." One of these systems was some sort of automated surgical bed, which due to its damaged state "read" Capt. Clarke as a severely injured member of its crew and attempted to "repair" her.

These "repairs" involved the removal and replacement of her lungs, eyes, and forty-three percent of her nervous system... including her spinal column. Xenomorphic organs replaced her nervous system and lungs, exotic bionic devices were grafted to her spine, and her eyes were replaced by alien cybernetic copies... the end result being that Clarke can now survive on a much thinner atmosphere than most humans, can see clearly for over a mile, and has a reaction time approximately four times swifter than baseline. All of which tends to go unnoticed due to the alien ship's most dramatic "repair" to its unwilling patient: a pair of bio-mechanical wings that stretch nearly 18' from tip to tip.

With no way to remove these devices or replace her lost internal organs, Clarke is unable to return to civilian life or resume her regular military duties. However, her scientific acumen and newfound abilities do make her a valuable field agent for D.A.N.G.E.R.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:16 am You said this is a UN sponsored team, so would you prefer if heroes come from more then just one or two countries?
Any UN member state.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Re: Seraph...I really hope her Equipment is going to include some serious firepower and body armor, because she seems...ill equipped...to face off against any serious threat. Supervillains are going to be a thing she'll be contending with and her current set up has me concerned.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Here's my attempt at this(Background to be added later...)I know i'm a little high on points,but i'm finding it hard to drop him down...
KHAMASEEN
PL 8 (149)
STATS:
STR-12(+1) DEX-18(+4) CON-14(+2) INT-12(+1) WIS-12(+1) CHA-14(+2)
22pnt.

Skills: 15pnt.
Climb 8(+9) Disable Device 4(+5) Drive 4(+8) Intimidate 8(+10) Knowledge:Tactics 8(+9) Medicine 4(+5) Notice 8(+9) Search 8(+12) Stealth 8(+12)
Survival 8(+9)

Advantages: 6 pnt.
Benefit(Security Clearence), Grappling Finesse, Leadership, Improved Grab, Improved Pin, Redirect,

Powers: 65pnt.
Sand Form 13(Continuous): Blast 10(Sand;Alternate Powers:Blast 6[Extra:Area(120ft.Radius)], Suffocate 10, Concealment 2(Visual Senses;Extra:Duration Continuous Flaw:Limited to sandy Area's only), Elongation 8, Immunity 12(Critical Hits, Life Support, Starvation, Thirst), Insubstantial 1(Extra:Continuous Duration), Protection 8

Combat: 34pnt.
Attack +8, Grapple +14(+22 with Elongation), Damage+1(Unarmed)/+10(Blast), Defense+8, Knockback-6, Initiative+4

Saves: 7pnt.?
Toughness+10 Fortitude+5 Reflex+4 Will+5

Complications:
Responsibility (Muslim)- a Devout Muslim,Naseem follows the Quran as much as he can...
Vulnerable (Wind Attacks)- Wind will easily scatter his "Sand Form"
Involuntary Transformation (Immobile Glass or Mud)- Fire will burn Naseem into glass, and water will turn him into mud. If the glass is shattered, Naseem will have to be manually put back together by another.

Education: Bachelor's degree in Military Sciences, Military Studies Completion Certificate (for University graduates who choose a career in the Egyptian Armed Forces upon graduation),
Date of Birth: April 13, 1990 (Age 36) Base of Operations: D.A.N.G.E.R. Force HQ
Height:6'0" Weight:221Ibs. Eyes: Brown Hair: Black Race: Human
Identity: Public Religion:Muslim Relationships:Heba(Mother:54), Rana(Sister:24)
Legal Status: Citizen of Egypt with no criminal record.
Background:
Naseem Al-Matin was sworn from manhood to protect the world as part of The Medjai.He joined the military in hope of fullfilling that vow but,due to an Accident,was "Blessed by Allah himself" with powers&transfered to D.A.N.G.E.R. Force...
Personality&Traits:
Naseem al-Matin is above all other things, a Medjai, a warrior for God that will let nothing stand in his way of succeeding in his mission to keep the world safe with the help of others on the Team.usually a calm, cool demeanour that would sometimes reach the point at times of being somewhat brusque to others.
Khamaaseen wears long black robes with a gray sash, as the other Medjai warriors do, as well as a black headdress that he often wore when with other warriors, a pair of bandoliers and belt and, on occasion, a long dark cloak brocaded with silvery images. Naseem has a short moustache and beard, accompanied by long black hair and has his face painted with tattoos of ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics and Arabic letters.
Last edited by MacynSnow on Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

@MacynSnow...the biggest problem with Khamaseen I can see right off the bat is he's built using 3e rules in a 2e game. Since there are a few crucial places where the two editions don't directly translate it's difficult to meaningfully comment on what in the build may or may not work.
Shock

Post by Shock »

I am definitely interested. I'll try to resist pitching the same guy I've tried in your games at least twice before ;}
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Busy with cleaning today, but I'll get to work on my entry near the day's end. Thinking of having him be a burn victim from Mexico, who sought out the program to help with the scarring. His enhanment lets him look how he used to... and like everyone else. Masquerade seems like a good code name for the guy.
------------
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

@Shock...Great! Though, if you've got a guy you've pitched twice I've completely forgotten the character because it's been awhile since I cast a game.

@Doctor Malsyn...I look forward to seeing the build.

@Everyone...this game will probably skew toward the slightly darker end of grayscale, because I was looking at both my "Agents of Freedom" and "Iron Age" sourcebooks and...evil ninjas. Yes it's a cliche, but it's a cliche I haven't played with before. Though for sake of being topical to the modern day and for cosmetic reasons they'll be Hashashin.
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Allow me to introduce; Vigilance
Vigilance

Power Level: 8; Power Points Spent: 120/120

STR: +8 (18/26), DEX: +1 (12), CON: +8 (18/26), INT: +0 (10), WIS: +2 (14), CHA: +2 (14)

Tough: +8/+10, Fort: +8, Ref: +5, Will: +7

Skills: Climb 2 (+10), Gather Information 8 (+10), Intimidate 13 (+15), Knowledge (current events) 5 (+5), Knowledge (streetwise) 5 (+5), Knowledge (tactics) 5 (+5), Notice 8 (+10), Sense Motive 3 (+5), Stealth 9 (+10), Survival 8 (+10), Swim 2 (+10)

Feats: All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (melee) 2, Benefit (Security Clearance), Challenge - Improved Feint, Dodge Focus 2, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Skill Mastery (Climbing, Gather Information, Intimidation, Survival), Startle, Stunning Attack, Uncanny Dodge ((Visual)), Well-Informed

Powers:
Custom Engineered Body Armor & Face Plate (Device 1) (Hard to lose)
. . Ballistic Flexweave with Ceramic Plates (Protection 2) (+2 Toughness)
. . Multi-Spectrum Optical Suite (Super-Senses 2) (infravision, ultravision)
. . Resilient Contruction & Design (Immunity 2) (critical hits; Limited (Physical Damage & Effects))
Genetic Augmentation & Implants (Container, Passive 6)
. . Bioengineered Muscle Augmentation (Enhanced Strength 8) (+8 STR)
. . Bioengineered Organ Replacement & Dermal Resiliency (Enhanced Constitution 8) (+8 CON, Feats: Diehard, Endurance (+4))
. . Cellular Regeneration & Resilience (Impervious Toughness 8)
. . Cortical Implant & Genetic Re-Sleeving Process (Regeneration 2) (resurrection: Recovery of Neuro Cortical Implant 2 (1 day); Source (Neuro-Cortical Implant & Prepared Sleeve))
. . Unbelievable Speed & Power (Super-Strength 1) (+5 STR carry capacity, heavy load: 1.8k lbs; +1 STR to some checks)
. . . . Leaping 1 (Alternate; Jumping distance: x2)
. . . . Speed 1 (Alternate; Speed: 10 mph, 88 ft./rnd)

Attack Bonus: +6 (Ranged: +6, Melee: +8, Grapple: +16/+17)

Attacks: Unarmed Attack, +8 (DC 23)

Defense: +6 (Flat-footed: +2), Knockback: -9

Initiative: +5

Languages: English

Totals: Abilities 26 + Skills 17 (68 ranks) + Feats 14 + Powers 34 + Combat 20 + Saves 9 + Drawbacks 0 = 120
Complications:
Semper Fidelis: Honor
'Always Faithful,' motto of the USMC, and Lincoln William Reese was a career Marine long before he was wounded in the line of duty, and was procured by Section 8. He still lives by the code of the Marines, and is loyal to God, Country and the Corps. While working with DANGER Force, and nominally the United Nations, he has grown to respect, and admire his companions and their team, and while in the field, just like his fellow Marines, he would never think of leaving any of them behind. However Reese's primary loyalty is with he United States of America, and Section 8.
Still working on both background & complications. Tinkering with a couple versions of the build, as I am concerned about the cost on my Immunity which may or may not be that useful in the long run. Still considering options. Heh.

Hopefully the above works out mechanically, any comments, questions or concerns.
Last edited by ZenGypsy on Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Everything so far is pretty interesting, but, they all pretty much fill the same role on a team. A flying skill monkey, a master of disguise and a scrappy are all pretty close to the same role, which means (assuming I get some submissions that fill other niches) only 1 (maybe 2 depending on the number of submissions) is liable to make it.

When I mention I practice niche protection, I'm talking about Fantastic Four or original recipe New X-Men degrees of character role delineation, not 90's Image where you had a team of 5 guys all toting guns and knives and pretending to be the Bat-Punisher.

I'm not knocking any of the submissions so far, but I'm looking for Wolverine v. Colossus v. Storm or Sasquatch v. Northstar v. Shaman degrees of character power set separation. Clearly defined roles.

Niche Protection. I'm a big proponent of it.

Again, I'm not knocking the builds pitched, but the mostly seem to fall close to the same niche (with the exception of Khaseem, who needs translating to the correct edition).
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I haven't started yet, suppose I could try and think of somethibg else if you'd like.
------------
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Dead Girl
PL 8

"Goddamn... I need a drink."

Abilities
Str 10 (+0), Dex 10 (+0), Con - , Int 14 (+2), Wis 14 (+1), Cha 12 (+1)

Skills
Bluff 4 (+5), Computers 3 (+5), Diplomacy 4 (+5), Knowledge (Life Sciences) 5 (+7), Medicine 4 (+6), Notice 5 (+7), Search 4 (+6), Sense Motive 3 (+5)

Feats
Attack Specialization (Dissasembly) 4, Combat Action (Interpose when an ally is attacked), Dodge Focus 6, Interpose, Withstand Damage

Powers
Nanite-reanimated Corpse
-- Immunity 32 (Critical Hits, Fortitude saves)(32pp)
-- Regeneration 18 (Recovery Bonus 10, Recovery Rate 1 [Bruised/Unconscious], Resurrecton 7 [Electrocuting the corpse overcomes])(18pp)
-- Protection 10 (10pp)
-- Senses 2 (Darkvision)(2pp)

Nanite Restructuring Suite
-- Disassembly (Corrosion 8)(Extras: Alternate Power 1, Reversible)(26pp)
--- Reassembly (Create Object 8)(Extras: Duration +1, Precise)(Flaws: Permanent -1)

Saves
Toughness: Con - + Protection 10 = +10
Fortitude: -
Reflex: Dex 1 + Base 3 =  +4
Will: Wis 2 + Base 6 = +8

Combat
Initiative +0
Dissasembly +8 (Fort save DC 18, Damage DC 23)
Defence: Dodge Focus 6 = 16 (10 flat-footed)

Drawbacks
Vulnerability (Effects with the electrical descriptor)(Uncommon, Moderate)(-2pp)

Costs: Abilities 0 + Skills 8 (32 ranks) + Feats 13 + Powers 92 + Combat 0 + Saves 9 – Drawbacks 2 = 120pp

Complications
Motivation (What else is there?): In all official ways, Rosanna Colman is dead. She has a copy of her death certificate, and she creeped her own funeral on her sister's facebook. The nanites that keep her functioning are A) government property and B) still largely an unknown, and thus a potential hazard to the general public. Her options are limited to say the least, so when D.A.N.G.E.R. Force came along she jumped at the opportunity to get out of quarantine and actually do something.

Disability (Living Impared): A nice way of saying that Rosanna is dead. The alien nanites infesting her body animate it and keep it from rotting, but the fact is inescapeable: without them, she'd be pushing up daisies.

Prejudice (Corpse-y): Rosie looks dead. She's preternaturally pale and her skin is ever so slightly drawn, not to mention that she's cold to the touch. Understandably this can be unsettling to people (and animals hate her).

Accident (Pesky Nanites): The nanites that inhabit Rosanna's meat may have minds (or a mind) of their own, or perhaps they simply respond to some passing subconscious thoughts of hers. Either way, they sometimes leave her body in small amounts and do things without her even being aware of it, like the time they completely reformatted the ventilation system leading to her room to funnel more heat there, and the time they disassembled Captain Whatsizname's toupee right off his head as he was debriefing her.

Bio
Name/Codename: Rosanna Colman/Dead Girl
Gender/Age: Female/25
Ethnicity/Nationality: Caucasian/American
Profession: Lab Assistant/Government 'Asset'

Rosanna Colman never would have told you her life was perfect, but certainly it was good enough. She'd overcome the poverty of her Ozark trailer park upbringing. She'd gotten herself a decent education and a job that didn't involve asking if people wanted fries with things. She had herself a nice little place, without a single wheel attatched. Heck, she'd even gotten into jogging every other morning and was in the process of banishing gluten from her diet entirely.

So maybe she drank a little too much on weekends. Maybe she overindulged herself with the herb. Maybe (OK... definitely) she had tragically bad taste in men, or women depending on her mood. So what? There were worse vices, right? She wasn't hurting anyone but her liver, and occasionally her dignity.

When she'd gotten that nice-paying job at the high-security government lab straight out of university it'd felt like the best thing that had ever happened to her. When she'd been placed on Dr. Avery's (that Dr. Avery!) team analyzing top-secret alien biosamples it'd felt like a dream come to life. Then one morning, while laboriously removing bits of maybe tissue from a boxy chunk of metal that maybe had been an implant of some kind, Rosie's safety gloves received a teensy little tear after catching on one of the boxy thing's jagged corners. She'd thought nothing of it at the time, as it hadn't even felt like it'd broken her skin, so she'd carried on with her day.

Turned out that the alien nanites which had entered her body and were in the process of rapidly multiplying in her bloodstream were perfectly capable of diffusing through human skin. They eventually made their way up into her brain and began to assimilate it and the information it contained, which was unfortunate because Rosanna's bodily functions were rather dependant on that particular organ. She dropped dead, somewhat ignominiously, in a stall in the women's washroom on a pee break.

That would normally have been the end of it. The government obviously couldn't hand a body riddled with god knows what kind of alien technology over to the Colman family, so they staged a firey carcrash and handed that carbonized corpse over instead with all apologies. They kept the actual corpse to study, and well enough that they did because three days later Rosanna Colman woke up. She was still dead in any techical sense, but she was awake and pretty pissed about coming too on a metal slab with Dr. Avery halfway through his Y incision.

It took a while for it all to sink in. They gave her reasonably comfortable if out of the way lodgings and lots of alone time (also known as quarantine) to let her figure it out. Eventually they gave her a little work to do, if only to keep her from going completely stir crazy. She's been in some form of quarantine ever since.
Last edited by MissRo on Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:28 am I haven't started yet, suppose I could try and think of somethibg else if you'd like.
Build the build you would rather play. I don't know about you, but I would rather pitch a build that I think I'll enjoy playing and not get cast, than pitch a build I think the GM would like, get cast, but not really enjoy playing that character.

Now if you tweak the concept to a full-blown mimic (UP pg.173) or psionic (telepathy, mental duplication, mind blast) I'd be fine with it too. If you don't it's just a contest to see which "skill guy" (or two) get cast.

Regardless of what you decide (stay with original concept, tweak the concept, come up with a different concept), make it a character you'd want to play. Very little causes a player to lose enthusiasm more quickly than trying to play a character they have no desire to play.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

@MissRo- I don't see anything inherently unpalatable about Dead Girl. She's a pretty straight forward build, with one awesome touch range power and reasonable defenses, plus some Creation for spice. The only thing I'd want to see is how her "Recovery Rate" breaks down, since you buy each track separately (full, everything with no action Regen costs 35 points in 2e and I don't even give master villains that). Resurrection takes 1 min. (probably a little overkill, but, it allows the character to be way reckless), but there's no quantification how her other ranks divide up between the Bruised/Unconscious, Injured,Staggered and Disabled/Ability, tracks.

Other than that, it looks like the only things we need are complications (if there are any special ones) and backstory.