The Merge: Omega Company (OOC - Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (Interest/ Recruitment)

Post by kirinke »

I had to clear my cookies, my cache and my board cookies/cache thingie. That helped I think. Try posting or sending a PM to somebody after you do so. That might help as well.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Huzzah finally a cat submission. Still wish I could find that picture I was inspired by bit I'm liking Kal and MissRo you rock ;)
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

kirinke wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:19 am I had to clear my cookies, my cache and my board cookies/cache thingie. That helped I think. Try posting or sending a PM to somebody after you do so. That might help as well.
Seems to be mostly okay now. Thanks !
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:33 am If I hadn't done the Mandalorian I'd been thinking about a Bothan diplomat/spy very similar to that, MissRo!
Great minds, right? >:D Honestly though, Niisha is the third build I did to submit here. I have a bad habit of not looking over the other submissions before I start building mine. My first try was a Dark Eldar wych but she came out a bit too similar to StarGuard's drow, and then I built O'Shaserra but she ended up too much like your mandalorian, lol.

Thanks for the positive feedback though, guys! A lot of great submissions here.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

...and having the Reboot Icon as your avatar... :lol: ;)

Boards seem fine now, logged out, cleared my cache (nice to be prompted to do that now and again...) and voila !
Build reviews to start tonight !
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I might bow back out. Lots of better characters out there. :)
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Up to you. Characters, in the end, are only as good as their players... :D

Also, as of this point, I will be keeping the list of players in the master Merge Setting Thread.

BTW: I want to point out that the series will be based on and around tracking down artefacts and determining if things have crossed over and if so what. But this is supposed to be an adventure series as well, so it`s more like the Mummy (the series with Brendan Fraser), Indianna Jones and the like... I am not sending you off on CSI style investigations...

That said, the first arc, where you will be introduced to each other is going to be action oriented and not fall into the above modes to start...
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I guess I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around the cross dimensional nature of the game. I'm trying to fit it into more familiar attempts: TORG and The Strange and its not quite coming out either way.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Now for some background. I'm thinking he has travelled through a few Stargates with a Dark Eldar fellow you might have heard ...

V'aryn Ul'Drasra

...Who dares utter our name in shadows??????....

That was fun....never did get a good run with V'aryn due to personal reasons. I was planning all sorts of chaos with that goody two shoes group.... :twisted:
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Shadowbourne wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:18 am
Now for some background. I'm thinking he has travelled through a few Stargates with a Dark Eldar fellow you might have heard ...

V'aryn Ul'Drasra

...Who dares utter our name in shadows??????....

That was fun....never did get a good run with V'aryn due to personal reasons. I was planning all sorts of chaos with that goody two shoes group.... :twisted:
I hope you don't mind me borrowing him a tad? I plan on writing some background for Kal'annar this weekend. The idea is after V'aryn left the Cosmic Merge, he built up a group of followers for some good old fashion Dark Elder raiding parties, against the Wraith in this case, with Kal' as a lieutenant. Kal' realizes he's V'aryn's a tad out of his league and makes a run for it eventually landing at a Stargate Alpha site. I'll let Bladewind take it from there as far as how he would meet the team.

... some would call it sneaky world buildling, I call it building within the world, which might also be called sneaky ;)
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

I'm stoked. These are crazy fun games to play.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

My Intro is such that I don't need to worry about pesky things like how to bring you together. It's just gonna happen...

I am currently waiting on Neo to submit. His is a guaranteed place.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Will do so a bit later today, don't worry :)
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Aaand here he is.

The Angel/Buffyverse that merged is one in which the events of the comics did not yet happen. Lindsey was meant to be shot by Lorne but before the green-skinned demon could pull the trigger, the universes merged and Lorne was transposed to somewhere else, saving Lindsey's life. With the Black Thorn pretty much gone and the apocalypse postponed indefinitely in this new universe, Lindsey has decided to take one final stab at being a good guy. Plus, the fact that he's been disbarred (as every member of W&H has been) means he had to find some new job...

Lindsey McDonald

PL 7, 105 pp

Abilities
STR: 3
STA: 3
AGL:3
DEX: 2
FGHT: 3
INT:4
AWE:2
PRE:3

= 46 pp

Skills

Close Attack (Sword)+5 (+8)
Expertise (Law) +9 (+13)
Expertise(Magic)+7(+11)
Expertise(Criminal)+6(+10)
Expertise (Theology)+4(+8)
Expertise (Music) +6(+10)
Deception +6 (+9)
Insight +5(+7)
Persuasion +7(+10)
Intimidation +5(+8)
= 20 pp

Advantages

Wealth 1, Contacts(B), Connected(B), Attractive(B), Defensive Attack, All-out Attack, Languages 5 (English, Spanish, Latin, several demonic languages maybe to be named later...), Ritualist, Equipment 1, Fearless, Takedown 2, Improved Initiative

= 14 pp

Powers

Demonic Toughness Protection 4 pp
Call Blade (Transform bladed instruments into swords) 2 pp
Mystic Senses Senses 2 (Magical Awareness, Radius) 2 pp

8 pp

Equipment:
Laptop Computer
Cell Phone
Knife
Commlink

Defenses
Dodge: 3 (7)
Parry: 3 (7)
Fortitude: 3 (6)
Toughness: 3 (7)
Will: 2 (8)

= 17 pp

Abilities: 46
Skills: 20
Advantages: 16
Powers: 8
Defenses: 17

Complications:

Motivation: Redemption. He is well aware that his actions in the past have caused great harm to others and that he may never be able to fully redeem himself. But the Merge has given him the opportunity to at least try.

Bad Reputation: „ Hey, aren't you that evil lawyer guy from Wolfram&Hart?“

Rivalry: Angel. As weird as it sounds, now he even wants to be better at redeeming himself than his chosen nemesis Angel. (as usual, Angel himself does not give a damn)...
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:45 am Will do so a bit later today, don't worry :)
Wasn't worried. :D