The Merge: Omega Company (OOC - Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
drothgery

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (OOC - Recruitment Closed)

Post by drothgery »

FYI - I'll be on vacation from Oct 4 to Oct 12, so S & S may be uncharacteristically quiet (well, technically Sherlock's signing is silent) if things get moving again during that period.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Bladewind wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:02 am
kirinke wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:23 pm no worries, we'll just say Amy got her critter on the way.
This I plan to address before moving on, and you can have a few flashback posts to finalize it.
Thanks!
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Anyone who wants to pull a James Bond opening scene - where you replaced someone that you managed to intercept - is welcome to.

I have someone in mind I plan to dump that very concept onto a player's lap, but I figured if volunteers stepped forward I'd take them first. Some roles you could step into:

Although the armor/ pattern would be off, a Mandalorian mercenary looking to collect on a bounty
Posing as a fighter from one of the myriad fighting games
The middleman for a seller looking to make contact with a buyer or seller of Merged Commodities.

You can also post appropriate rolls - Streetwise comes to mind - for inspiration.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Some interesting ideas there! Rand will try for the Whitney Houston/ Bruce Willis thing with Niisha. He'll stick by her as bodyguard.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy will play the tagalong to Lindsey, although those who make a successful roll will notice that she's far, far to aware of her surroundings to be a simple kid he's dragging along because he couldn't find a sitter. That and anybody who can sense such things would know she's a trained psychic or force adept (however you call it).

So, how did you guy's like the flashback?

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Nicely written. Nicely done on upholding that scientists status as butt-monkey.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

I also gave a hint that he might be able to pull out of butt-monkey status if he works at it. With a little pokemon to take care of, he could just do that. He just needs to take his head out of his behind. From what research I've done, it looks like he never really had anything to care about or had anything care about him. Now he does. It could change him for the better. ;)

Anyway, Amy is keeping her cover as close to the truth as possible. She, Lindsey and Shannon got thrown together through an improbable series of events and decided to stick together. Since she's still a kid, Lindsey took responsibility for her as part of his redemption from evil thing. Or at least that's the gist I'm getting from everyone else, right?

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Sorry. Wife is sick, juggling everything she does on top of my crazy schedule has been quite interesting. In the Chinese proverb/curse sense of the word. :lol:
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

kirinke wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:51 pm I also gave a hint that he might be able to pull out of butt-monkey status if he works at it. With a little pokemon to take care of, he could just do that. He just needs to take his head out of his behind. From what research I've done, it looks like he never really had anything to care about or had anything care about him. Now he does. It could change him for the better. ;)

Anyway, Amy is keeping her cover as close to the truth as possible. She, Lindsey and Shannon got thrown together through an improbable series of events and decided to stick together. Since she's still a kid, Lindsey took responsibility for her as part of his redemption from evil thing. Or at least that's the gist I'm getting from everyone else, right?
I'm not thinking a 'redemption from evil' thing matches the character Lindsey is trying to portray to get in with the bad guys.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Well, he took her in anyway. Maybe they bonded over their mutual dislike of Angel and undead in general? Even though she's a nice kid, she's still a mercenary little thing, so it could work. I mean, she is an adventurer, so killing a vampire and or robbing him blind? Right up her alley. :twisted:

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Small issue.

For personal reasons, MissRo contacted me to advise that she is withdrawing from the boards.
Which leaves a small hole in our roster, and a big hole in our group.

How do we want to proceed? Recruit one more or proceed as is?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Well, shucks.

Okay, with a bit retcon, Niisha decided not to go forward with the agency, Kal is still coming in as an artifact dealer with Rand as his muscle? Or Rand can go in as a fighter.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

There is also the possibility of providing an NPC for Rand to bodyguard if you want to go that route, but I prefer yours.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

No NPC needed. And I'm comfortable going forward with 5 of us rather than reopening recruitment unless you really think we need that felinoid presence.

If Kal wanted to stay on his own (which he seems to), Rand can go in as a combatant. Doesn't make as much sense since he's not the best people person but it would let you explore some of those storylines.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Did MissRo drop out or something? She seemed pretty enthusiastic about things last I checked. Ack, it's been a day. I didn't see your post Bladewind.
Last edited by kirinke on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Battle Init