The Merge: Omega Company (OOC - Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (OOC - Recruitment Closed)

Post by Bladewind »

Will do. Have fun !
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

While I'm not actually asking you to change anything in your post, and I like the friction that your generating with Kar'Anna, our little Dark Elf friend actually hasn't said much IC about her background, especially her link to the Emperor.

The only real things that have been divulged about her background is that she was "in Toronto" with Amy at one point and that she has some kind of connection to Kal'annar, having been with him on at least one excursion. Amy has described her as a Drow Witch - even though she does not speak Drow.*

Having said that, she did drop a lot of tech savvy (dropping that shorted teleport device on the table and 'knowing where to look') as well as demonstrating an incongruous knowledge vs her appearance of galactic affairs - i.e. knowing what an Imperial Inquisitor is (which is why your post does not need changing). Mind you, she did show an unhealthy understanding of cortosis weave, so challenging her the way you did is completely acceptable.

All that to say that the cat is not out of the bag that she has Dark Side influences. Or ties.

I am going to ask that, please, if anyone has issue with the way I handle things, to please let me know. I sense there was some sighing when Kar'Anna was introduced, but no real commenting. I just want to make sure that I don't accidentally implode the game.**

I may be overreacting with this post and imagining an issue that doesn't exist, but I want to make sure the air is clear.

*I never put it in my House Rules, and this is the first time it's ever come up. I actually never charge PCs for Native Language and the campaign's Common Tongue. In this instance, as an example for Rand, that would include English, Galactic Common and the Mandalorian dialect. However, as I never wrote it anywhere, and Kar'Anna already pushed the envelope with extra points (which IIRC I balanced by upping everyone), I am going to side RAW and indicate that languages need to be paid for.

That said, for me Galactic Common is close enough to English that they don't cost anything extra if your character speaks either.

** Incidentally, Jewel has indicated to me that she will not use the sword until she gets the XP to pay for it. For now, it's shiny descriptor for intimidation.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Ah. You are correct. My apologies for assumptions about how much was shared. It was unclear how much was supposed to be retconned that she’s always been there or otherwise how/why we are suddenly working with a new dark elf. I do like tension between the ‘villain’ characters. (Just like there was tension between Rand and the previous dark elf)
I can adjust to reference things more directly observed.

Similarly, I’m trying to have Rand come off as not a people person and a bit acerbic. If this rankles anyone or impacts anyone’s fun please let me know. I can adjust him. Thanks.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I think that Jewel and I originally intended a full/ always been there retcon, but the initial posts leaned more towards her having met up with Kal'annar mid mission. No harm no foul.

Personally, I like Rand. Or at least, in game and the way you`re playing him.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy has enough D&D knowledge to know that Kar-Anna is a drow and since they met in Toronto, she knows Kar-Anna has powers. So she's more or less a 'Drow witch' in Amy's book, even if that isn't exactly accurate. Amy also doesn't care that Kara-Anna is a drow and certainly doesn't hold it against her or Kalanar (hey, she's partners with a dark pokemon, it's not like she can throw stones in any case). Like I said before, Amy is very pragmatic when it comes to companions and the job at hand. Something that I can safely assume that Kar-Anna can appreciate.

She probably just forgot for a minute that 'witch' in the star wars universe is just another name for a female sith. :lol:
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Was gonna post IC, but waiting on Jewel.
Last edited by Bladewind on Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Hope you like the added background. It's something Bladewind and I were discussing in PM.

I'm thinking along the lines of her older siblings are twins in their early twenties. Her sister is in the air-force, her brother is in the army. She's the middle child and her baby brother was a bit of a 'surprise'.

Battle Init
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Oh. Em. Gee.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Hey, she's a teenaged girl. You think she wouldn't do something like that? :lol:

Battle Init
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Shannon, on the other hand, acts much more like the 48 earth years old she is than the 21 or so that she looks to people without prolong or something like it ... :D :D :D
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

You all crack me up.

Just wanna give Rand a chance to respond if he wants to, and given that I don't generally post too much on weekends, its only fair that I wait a little.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Shannon is the voice of sanity in the group. Also, I think Amy is kinda getting Kar-Anna back for having to delve into Mr. too appreciative of the female body after she woogied him.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Yeah, but Kar'Anna's last trick was so good, I had to try it over in the main game. Sadly, I wasn't quite as successful.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

It actually was. Dark elves and Sith excel at both seduction and intimidation. It's part of their tropes. For that matter, so do Drow/Dark Eldar.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I’m going to roll (pardon the pun) with Rand’s last post, but this Kobra is from Mortal Kombat.