The Merge: Omega Company (OOC - Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
drothgery

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (OOC - Recruitment Closed)

Post by drothgery »

Bladewind wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:31 pmYour assumed identity has led you to stumble onto something larger (i.e. my real plot/ mission), the introduction of Kyber Crystals to the black market.
FWIW, it seems to me that while the semi-mystical properties of Kyber Crystals are of couse somewhat unique even in the Merge, if you're just using them as extremely high-density energy storage (because, say, you want to build a Death Star) there are other options around. In the later capacity, Shannon is pretty much unimpressed by their capabilities relative to Honorverse ultracapacitors ...
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

The Crystal was never really' imo, the source of a lightsaber`s power. It just focuses the beam into a specific color. IIRC, some crystals change the property of the blade a little but they are ultimately focusing mechanisms. Ones that can channel some of the Force User`s energy, mind you, but focusing mechanisms nonetheless.

Making them also Energon was an idea that struck me as potentially adding a little extra oomph.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Lol. Aggie, one of my characters uses crystals as essential components for her gadgets and inventions. There's nothing inherently mystical about them, they're just ridiculously easy for her to imbue with whatever properties she wants. But she's also a mad scientist.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Bladewind wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:31 pm
Neo-Paladin wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:31 am Sorry, my memory is getting crappier every day, it seems ;)
Care to remind me of what Lindsey's mission was exactly?
The group mission was to gather intel on Roulette and Vega. The OWIC, based out of Atlantis, wanted to know if there was something behind their Fight Club. Lindsey, in James Bond style, assumed the identity of an arms dealer. Unfortunately, Lindsey and co didn't have all the intel on the group that they infiltrated on the side but have been doing a great job of winging it.

Your assumed identity has led you to stumble onto something larger (i.e. my real plot/ mission), the introduction of Kyber Crystals to the black market.

Kal'annar took a different approach and has encountered a force user in the service of the Empire, or so he claims to be. He is now looking for Kyber crystals as well.
I'm really enjoying Kal's encounter. Drow and Sith at a bargaining table :) I don't feel he has yet to have that epiphany moment where he realizes he is a villain. He very much is still the Drow fighter/mage struggling for survival through assassination and intrigue ... but now with a vendetta against V'aryn Ul'Drasa that he does not have the Power to carry out yet (V'aryn is like PL 10 or 11 I think). He sees the Crystals as a bargaining chip to access the Stargates. Themselves as a door to acquiring power or as a way to escape his enemies, and doesnt care what he has to do to get that access. I got a Section 31/rogue NID feeling between Kal and the Jellico/Kinsey character :twisted:

Not megalomaniac but still a villain
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy is shaping up to be an anti-hero. 8-)

Battle Init
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Booga.

Battle Init
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

FYI - I don't know if much is going to happen in-game between Christmas and New Year's (I'd guess probably not), and S & S have been kind of quiet lately ... but I'll be on vacation from the 24th to the 29th.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Well, in that case, happy holidays in advance!

Oh, hope the suggestion Amy made helps, I'm trying to have Amy act mainly as a distraction, so Lindsey can 'gather his thoughts' so to speak. Sort of a 'helping hand' move that actually does something. ;)

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Holidays over ?

I'm ready to move on, and will post this evening if all goes well (pulling overtime so may be a little wiped).
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Yup. Will disappear again for a week mid-Feb, but our RMN analyst/engineer and her treecat are around for now ...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

I'm ready!

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Sorry ! Got my other game updated during the day yesterday, but was too tired at the end of the day to get online.
Looking to try and post during the day today.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

*Pokes Neo. You okay?

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

I am. But, as I said, i completely lack direction here. What exactly is our goal?
*sigh* I usually do not feel so...blank, but somehow the situation really got me utterly flustered.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

I think the goal right now is perhaps make allies and introduce the Crystals to the wider world. Also perhaps they can track where the crystals are going. It's easy enough to do and conceal the fact they are tracking them. Right now, I think the gang has the key to the source of the Crystals through the Atlantis people. They're acting as intermediaries right now.

Amy did give him a good idea on how to proceed.

Battle Init