The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:48 am

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Neo-Paladin » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:39 am

//Thanks...Pauline-Long is first.

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2184
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:24 am

As the guards turn their back to investigate the back of the plant warehouse Pauline slips the fire flower into her-his wide maw and chews. [not sure if that's a move and/or standard action]

[All four guards are heading to the back, yes?]
"Something pithy this way comes."

Neo-Paladin
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:48 am

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Neo-Paladin » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:54 am

Yes, they do....and as Pauline chews down on the flower, there is a strange warbling sound - that everyone who's ever played a Mario Bros. game knows by heart - as " she" turns mostly white with red dots instead of the other way around...

//It's a move action..so, yes...fire away, if you want...

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2184
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Pauline lined up the shot at the rearmost guards unsuspecting back.... but then couldn't take it. For all his mischief-making, he was a federal agent. Agents didn't go shooting people (or spitting fireballs at folk) in the back.

"Torque, jam their comms." Pauline-Long whisper-hisses then raises her-his voice. "You there, we are Agents with the Department of Extradimensional Operations, Homeland Security. This is an illegal operation and we have you surrounded." Long lies. "Surrender."
[Ready action, fire if they do anything but surrender.
Sorry fellows, I realized we aren't actually playing bad guys.

What do I roll to throw fireballs? Generic ranged or do they have an inherent bonus (or are they perception or area)?
]
"Something pithy this way comes."

Neo-Paladin
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:48 am

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Neo-Paladin » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:18 pm

They turn around, raising their weapons. " What the....", the woman mutters...and then they power up their weapons...

//They are at initiative 14. Can someone give me an initiative list?

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2184
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Flynnarrel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:39 pm

Long -17
Aislynn - 15
Guards - 14

Don't know about Pauly, Torque, or Hannibal.

Them raising weapons would trigger Long's attack. If it's generic ranged, Long has dex of 4 so... Dex: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16
I'm hoping it has inherent bonuses.
"Something pithy this way comes."

Neo-Paladin
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:48 am

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Neo-Paladin » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:43 pm

Torque is at 16.

The fireball erupts from Long's maw and bounces on the ground before slamming into one of the men, causing him to cry out in pain...

//yes, it does...Torque's turn...

Neo-Paladin
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:48 am

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Neo-Paladin » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:39 am

//Okay, Kirinke just rolled for Hannibal...and with his 21, it's his turn

Neo-Paladin
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:48 am

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Neo-Paladin » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:42 pm

//Err...Hannibal?

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1708
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Bladewind » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:55 pm

Hannibal
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

"Finally. Someone that needs shooting." Hannibal mutters, sweat beading at his hairline from the humidity of the place.

Drawing his weapons he fires at one of the guards.


OOC:
Pistols: 1d20+9 21 Damage DC 20
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1708
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Bladewind » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:18 pm

Hannibal
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

"Finally. Someone that needs shooting." Hannibal mutters, sweat beading at his hairline from the humidity of the place.

Reaching for his guns, he instead tenses and leaps forward, barreling into one of the guards, fist first.


OOC:
Pistols: 1d20+9 21
Using my original roll, so leaving the link. The final result will be 19 (Unarmed is +7) with a DC of 25 damage if that hits.
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

kirinke
Posts: 1323
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by kirinke » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:11 am

Aislynn

The girl did a complicated move with her hands and the air twisted around one of the guards, looking for all the world like a snake made of roiling, cloudy wind. Or at least she tried to do so.


ooc
Wind Snake (Snare): Cumulative Affliction 6 (Alternate; 1st degree: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless and Immobilized, Resisted by: Dodge, overcome by Damage or Sleight of Hand, DC 16; Cumulative, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree)
Attack: http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=215205 attack 12

Neo-Paladin
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:48 am

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Neo-Paladin » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:32 pm

Surprised by Hannibal's strength, the guard staggers backwards but does not go down, protected by his armor...while the woman in armor suddenly finds herself entrapped by ...air?

Still, her comrade reacts quickly and slashes at the air-snake with a combat knife, the armor humming as it amplifies his strength...

Thus freed, the woman raises her weapon and fires on Aislynn while the other merc slams his gauntleted fists together, electricity crackling...before throwing a series of rapid punches at Hannibal!
So...Aislynn...hit with 19. if that hits, DC 21 to resist.
Hannibal is hit with a 23. 20 to resist.
After that, we're back at Hannibal...what was Torque's ini?

kirinke
Posts: 1323
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by kirinke » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:19 am

HP 0, LP 0, condition 1 bruise

Aislynn managed to dodge the worst of it, but the shot still managed to leave her with a nasty burn on her side. "Hey! That's assaulting a Federal Agent, those charges are just racking up buddy!"

ooc
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=215322 8 toughness yipe!
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=215323 20 toughness rolll

Neo-Paladin
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:48 am

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Neo-Paladin » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:56 am

Suddenly, Pauly's head shoots forward, his stalk exending rapidly...and the guard who's just cut his companion free screams as the plant sinks its massiv white teeth into his leg!
NOW it's Hannibal's turn ;)

Post Reply