The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

Koral nods as he puts his hands in his pockets.

"We aren't going to get anywhere if antagonize each other." Koral says, "You had the agents approach us, we agreed to meet. We're all here. So, how about we talk like civilized people?"
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"We're mainly interested in whomever is dealing/distributing Spice. Somebody is killing both users and dealers and is probably hoarding the stuff for some reason. We think they're also probably trying to start up some sort of super-soldier program." she offered. "I doubt you're directly dealing in that sort of drug, but you might know who is. I don't think I need to tell you how dangerous it is." she said as she sat cross-legged in mid air. The couches and available seats were sure to be filled with those who couldn't use the atmosphere as a seat. So, she figured that politeness never hurt. She gave Tattle-tale a further rundown of what they knew, keeping it short and very brief.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Tattletale smiles. " Oh, I was just mentioned he's a Jedi because...well, we had Star Wars in our world, too. Allow me a moment to geek out as well...everyone else in this world got to, after all. Before they were eaten by Chaos mutants or worse."
She smirks. " You know...calling what I have an organisation is missing the point. I...facilitate. Things are changing. The nature of organised crime is changing. And I am here to see to it that it's a smooth transition. And, of course, entrench myself firmly in it."
She shrugs, holding up her hands. " After all, it's what we villains do. By the way, sorry for the Agents. But I had to get your attention and those crappy constructs were the only thing I had available."
She turns back towards the screens. " Aaanyway. You're looking for info on our mysterious buyer of Alientech, Spice and everything Nice...I personally am not too fond of drug running, although it's not my business what you put into your body. Still, it's usually dirty business, big egos and quick violence. Now...whatever is happening here is disturbing things. And I've had to navigate too many diplomatic minefields these last few days to let this go on. Which is why you're here. So...everything points to our mysterious buyer not being a professional villain. He most likely hates the whole shtick. He's not doing this for power. Not for his own, at least. No...he does want to...empower someone else. But...no, not an army...someone else. Someone close."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Was it the old guy at the auction? Heck, was this person even AT the auction? We knew it was a gamble if they'd show or not." Long asks.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"But why? Because the person is dying or handicapped, what?" she shook her head. "This seems a very roundabout way of doing things." she sighed. "Not to mention bringing unwanted attention to the entire thing. It doesn't make sense." she shook her head. "Of course. The person this guy is attempting to empower is addicted to Spice and he's trying to protect the supply to keep that person alive. He also hopes that by empowering the person, they might be able to cure themselves of the Spice addiction!" she said trying to follow Tattletale's line of logic to it's most predictable end.

"Hey, best I can come up with given the information at hand. Which is precious little."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Tattletale shakes her head. " Not an addiction to Spice, no...he was there, but he had no blue eyes...and he was not wearing contacts. No, no...", she muses, " this is...yes, roundabout, because we are dealing with someone with no idea what exactly they are doing. He'll probably have hired helpers. People who know their stuff. But he...he's a native who never had much exposure to pop culture. He's acting...out of fear. Shock, maybe. Something traumatizing happened and...I am fairly certain it happened during the Incursion. Changed him. He hasn't overcome his fear. But he's not afraid for himself. No...for someone else."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Who is the person we were looking for? We have video of everyone we encountered. That's what you need right? Data and clues? The way someone walks or a scuff on a sleeve? Will that help?" Long asks the Sherlock-analog.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Tattletale nods. " Yes. Show me the material."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Long holds up a flash drive. "And you point out the being we're looking for and tell us what you can to help us stop this guy killing people and amassing unsafe technologies?" Long bargains.

If she'll agree then Long will pass over the information.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"This sort of nonsense is bad business for everybody. Criminal, law enforcement and civvie alike." she grinned a little. "Which is why you're helping us."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Among other things", Tattletale responds before she takes a look at the footage, frowning as she allows her power to work its magic.
" It's him", she says, pointing at the older man. " Definitely. Oh, he doesn't want to be there at all. But he's used to be among powerful people. But not used to the spotlight. A family man. Wife dead...but that happened before the Merge. One...no, two kids. Got them rather late...they're probably in their teens at the moment. There's a sadness about him. Someone close to him died. But not one of the kids. A close friend."
She leans back, then turns her attention to another screen, her hands beginning to type something as she pulls up google.
" Hmm....yes....hmmm...ah...got the name", she says after some seemingly random typing. " Kevin Fisher."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"He doesn't look like the guy from the Young and the Restless." Long says and then pretends to look it up on the Pop-Culture database he wears when he realizes he just admitted to being a fan of the show. "But, right, you said he was likely a native."

Long texts the name along with a still shot to DXDO analysts to get a cossier worked up on the suspect.

"Well, legally, we have video of him acquiring a ton of illegal tech. That would be enough to get warrants to search his places and injunctions to freeze his assets. But I assume, Tattletale, that you have a different idea."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

Koral smirked, relieved that he wasn't the only one to have connected the name to that show. Mind you, he could blame his knowledge on his ex...

"Any connections to known groups?" Koral made an effort to hide his surprise at just how much information she obtained from the video while also wondering what she already knew... or what else she knew...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

She swallowed her laughter. "Sorry, not a fan of the Young and Restless." she shook her head. "Is there any chance of him being manipulated to do these things?" she asked. "He doesn't strike me as a mastermind with everything you've told me. It's almost as if he's a high level mook."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Tattletale shakes her head. " if he had any connection to any underworld groups, I'd know. Believe me. And nope...no mind control here. And as for my idea...it's simple. I want you to go after him personally. I want his connections. I want to know what avenues he got his stuff from. Because he's working past me. And I don't like that. And d Phil gets his hands on what this guy knows...he and his boss will do their utmost to make sure I never see it. And that would mean I'd have to use...other methods."
She pauses, then says, " Fact is...the DXDO can try to keep a lid on all of this as much as they want....but they have already lost."