For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral
Condition: Normal
HP: 1
Cover Name: Tovas Li

"Go for what will get us noticed. Leaving here with trinkets isn’t the actual goal. We’re trying to get intel,”
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"I dunno. Which ones would produce the most super-soldiers quickly" she asked.

ooc
Which ones would produce the most super-soldiers quickly? Given the people we're talking about, they should have the funds to do the legwork so to speak.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Off the cuff? The nanobots. Also, the geneseed if coupled with modern and super-scientific understanding of genetics etc. could mature very quickly. With the Everyman and the Cauldron stuff, it would depend on how well the specifics could be understood and retro-engineered.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"The nanobots would be the quickest, maybe those. I'm way out of my depth here." the air bender confessed.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//Alrighty...if there are no objections till tomorrow, I will assume you're getting the nanobots to get things going.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral

"Nanobots, failing that cauldron, but don`t out bid the trio over there.” Koral adds.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Cauldron syrum or fleshwarping Cauldron?" Hal asks for clarification. "With this amount of crazy we have to be specific."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral

"Whichever one the trio is bidding on.” Koral clarifies.

OOC - note, I'm good with the nanobots, the trio that I described is simply a crossover visual reference to my game that Neo was gracious enough to let me throw in here for flavor.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AISLYNN

The woman sighed. "Let's play it by ear then. Nanobots are my vote though."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The bidding war is short but heated, the woman eventually giving up, the man holding out a bit longer before he, too, relents, casting a quick glance towards you. The woman merely raises a brow and smirks before she turns her attention back to the next item on the list...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

The girl keeps her face blank as they 'win' the 'bots and sighs inwardly. This entire thing was getting more and more complicated. Her first real case and it had to turn into this? The gods must be laughing.

Literally.

ooc
Considering she's a newly minted Federal agent, it wouldn't be too untoward to say this is her first 'real' case.

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Hal will smile at the other two, no malice. "Guys," Hal whispers on comms, "Watch the others, I'm going to make it more expensive for them. You both are better at reading reactions than I am, watch for when I'm just about to push too far and I'll pull back."

Hal will start a bidding war with the others, each a deception in order to make it seem like he's interested in the items but not go over the price points they are willing to go for. He'll rely on the word of the others [Insight] to let him get close but not actually pledge more than the others are willing to bid.
[It'll be a match of his deception against some skill of their's to see if he bluffing. And the other Agent's Insights to see how far he can go. Hal will lowball things if the Agent's aren't sure, but let's see how much damage they could do to the enemies's wallets.
Deception: 1D20+13 = [13]+13 = 26
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral

Koral will reach use the Force to read their auras, and err on the side of caution. This was a good idea, their mission was intel, not acquisition.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//What exactly can your aura reading detect? Also, if you go ahead with " Hal"'s idea, Insight checks, please.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral

Aura Reading: Detect Mood, Ranged, Detect Physical Condition, Ranged Psychic Awareness,
(I can also add a Force Vision to that - Precog, Limited to determining max bid of opponent.)

Insight: 1d20+5 19
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.