For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Bladewind »

Hannibal
Condition: Toughness -1, Dazed
HP: 0

"Wait, was that Anubis soldier thing an XD or a creation?"
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" An XD", Newman says. " It's too old to have been bred here. Thanks to the shoddy reprogramming of the suit, we have found a clue in its recording systems...not to our suspect...but to what seems to be an underground auction for Merge artifacts..."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"Two steps forward, one step back." The girl quipped. "Do you know where it is being held?"
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Bladewind wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:35 am Torque
Condition: Normal

"So wait, by source material, they can reliably create beings of power level 13-14 with this process but are aiming for are 16-20. Comparing myself to Superman and not having read the scale, where do we fall? 5? 6?"
"I tested at a low 7, I think." Long says off-handedly. "So what do you guys need us to do and is there anything else we should be warned of?"
"Something pithy this way comes."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Between 6 and 7", Scully responds.

Newman, on the other hand, sighs. " Coulson is not particularly happy that you'd have to strike now. We've been hot on the trail of a Merge artifact smuggling and black market organisation. They are indiscriminate and buy and sell anything, as long as it makes a lot of money. Now, we know where they are selling some of their ill-gotten merchandise...but if we act there...we risk burning some of our promising leads. Alas...this seems to be too dangerous to just let it pass."

He shakes his head. " Anyway...the auction is being held in a class 3 anomaly - a Non-Place. Basically, a part of a city that exists in a space-time fold and can only be reached if you know what to do. The city, in this case, being London. Did anyone of you read the Stephen King story " Crouch End"? Or...play the videogame Bloodborne?"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"I tested as a high PL 6." the girl chuckled. "Wasn't much of a fan of horror stories to be honest." she shivered. "Now it seems like we're living it."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Still better than my home universe", Newman says. " At least here there are people who can kick the crap out of the eldritch things that gibber in the spaces between moments..." He sighs.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Oh, you're an XD?" Long says in surprise taking another look at Newman.... the agent looked so.... normal.

"In any case, you want us to go to London? Pose as buyers? Ooh, or sellers... could we sell Torque?" Long says, a little too excited at the prospect. He looks to the Transformer with only mild apology. "Not for realsies, but c'mon, haven't you ever wondered how much you're worth?"
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque
Condition: Normal

"Not especially, but now that you mention it, that is an interesting thought. You'd have to have some kind of convincing restraining bolt or control to make it believable. But that sounds like an interesting in."

He turns to Scully, or at least an image tries to get her attention.

"Still no answer on whether or not any known failed or successful attempts at creating monsters have been discovered."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AISLYNN

"I don't care for that at all," she said and sighed. "But if you don't object to it, I can't naysay it."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" I am sorry, I must have overheard your question", Scully responds. " Fortunately, no. There was an operating theatre being set up, but it appears not to have been used."

Newman shrugs. " Most XDs on earth are human...in my universe, I was part of an undercover government group fighting...well, the things that tried to eat our reality in the Incursion."

" You can choose your approach yourself. Just remember...there are a lot of people there who have money and absolutely no scruples. Plus, most likely, devices, magic or bodyguards with extraordinary powers at their disposal. And, finally...the area inside the dimensional fold is extremely dangerous outside the secured area. Hence why they chose it."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"Than that puts that notion out. We probably couldn't extract Torque from the fold if things went pear-shaped." she looked relieved. "So instead of sellers, how about buyers?"

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" If you choose to do that, we can arrange for you to have appropriate funds", Newman says. " The choice is yours."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"So, what is our goal here?" Long asks. "I mean, what do we hope to accomplish? Just identify who's gathering power-ups? Arresting them there seems unlikely as soon as we try to bring law into this area everyone will turn on us."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Identify the target. Do not engage, if you can avoid it. The more you can find out about our hoarder, the better...especially in regards to motive and progress he's made", Newman says.