The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Flynnarrel »

With nothing more to do here and his nanobot purchase secured, 'Hal' leads the other 'Sunsetters' back through the exit portal.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

As they re-enter reality, the air-bender takes a deep breath. Though a bit smoggy, it was real, it was clean in a spiritual way that the air in that place wasn't.

"I dunno about you guys, but I plan on at least a day of meditating at the temple after this plus a full clensing. That place was filthy." she said with a shudder as they put the tear in reality behind them.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

(indeed)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

You have barely been in outside the rift for 5 minutes when you find your comm unit chiming.
" Coulson here...do you have any new intel?"
He sounds stressed and definitely not in the mood for a long introduction.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

When they collect their own Reynolds-lookalike and get to a secure place Long will fill Coulson in on all that occurred inside the pocket dimension.

words like 'slaves', 'borg nanobots', 'murder death queen might determine origin of biomech', 'creepy older suit guy', 'three Agent Smiths', 'Tattletale', and 'decent food court for a pocket dimension' all have pictures and video that accompanies them along with a detailed breakdown of who bought what.

"What can you tell us of this 'Tattletale'?" Long asks, returning to 'normal'.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"Can we please shut down the slavery there and bomb it to hell on general principles?" she begged. "That place was beyond horrible."

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

"That is not a solution.

"Would you burn down the barn with the horses still in it to solve a termite infestation?

"The situation is deplorable, agreed. Action must be taken, agreed. But. Destroy the facility, at best you trap the captives with the captors and without another means of exit, they starve or fall victim to the horrors beyond the meeting zone."

Koral's armor reverts to his more normal clothing and gear.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"I know. I just have never felt so helpless about a situation like that before." she admitted.

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"I still think we could have done something." Long mutters a little bitterly given how it was his companions that talked him out of action and now one of them was bemoaning the situation. He pursed his lips; that wasn't a fair assessment and he knew it. Everyone had been as unhappy with the situation as he was and had very good points why immediate action was a bad idea. Still, it rankled him.

He shakes his head, his dark mood fleeting, as mercurial as the man himself. "The DXDO knows, I'm sure they have some kind of long game in the works. We should focus on what we CAN do something about." He says. "Do we think we can get reliable and actioinable information from the Queen? Enough that we risk showing her the cyborg defeated at the movie studio?"

"And when are we set to meet this Tattletale character and what do we know of her?"
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral

"Not to sound like Masters Yoda or Kenobi, but I agree, dwelling on things that we cannot control or affect will only feed resentment.

'But we are far from helpless and far from empty-handed. We left the meeting with information and managed to remove something from the playing field."
He refers to the item they acquired.

"Coupled with the contacts we made, we have leads and avenues that can bring about stability and balance..."

Despite his Jedi-esque platitudes and commentary, Koral is just as annoyed as the other two of who and what they were forced to leave behind. He wondered if they could direct someone or someones to the site, people without link to the DXDO...
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Coulson sighs audibly. " i understand your outrage and believe me, I share it fully. Unfortunately, at the moment, too much of our power is bound up in other programs and efforts to consider a full strike against the ringleaders and their operation. We are still not powerful enough to not think about picking our battles."

He pauses for a moment before continuing, " As for Tattletale...she's a headache. A villainess whose exploits are hinted at in a pre-Merge web serial called Worm. Read it if you have the time. Apparently, she is trying to organize the underworld, in her words, to keep it under control and force an ordered transition into a primarily metahuman-run affair. She's a masterful planner and organizer and her power helps her with that. She can intuit information from small tidbits she learns about people, places and subjects. Give her a name, , a picture, a date of birth and current adress of someone and she'll be able to tell you how often they've moved, their sexual orientation and what grades they got in High School. I wish we could have gotten her on our side."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Great, a regular Sherlock." Long says unenthusiastically. "So can we trust her?"
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral

"Do you think we still can ? Get her on our side that is ?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

He looks to Morgan and back again. "And do we know who she's associating with now? Knowledge is only Power if one has the ability to act on it." Long says sagely, (quoting one of his trainers, Master Ngyuen).
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"More like a Moriarity, given she's a villainess." she said dryly. "Damnit."

Battle Init