The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"What did I tell you two about invoking Murphy?" she asked and elbowed him. "Seriously though. We know this is all about helping somebody close to you with something, but we don't know what. So, please, tell us."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

Koral simply observes. Partly due to the fact that adding gas to the fire now is probably not a good idea, and partly due to the fact that his partners were taking care of things. He does try to get a better look - without touching or moving anything, and staying back somewhat - at the pictures.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Fisher chuckles. " Oh, I am certain that you could help....or at least your bosses could. But they wouldn't. So few of them are...natives and yet they cling to a status quo that never even existed in their own realities."
He shakes his head, then looks at you. " I am not Lex Luthor. I am not Doctor Doom. I am just a man who tries to provide for his children."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Long pursed his lips. Oh, certainly the man thought he had good intentions... how best to pave the road to Hell otherwise?

Still, there was still information to get, they had a job to do.

Long indicates his fellow agents and himself. "All three of us are Natives who either trained or had accidents to come into powers." He would have normally been more circumspect but they saw him shapeshift from a box, Morgan mind control, and Lynn actually warned them about her Avatar State.

"If anyone at the DXDO is going to understand it's us three. Maybe we can help you." he lies. "Why have you been stockpiling enough Mergetech to make a small, elite army? You've got a few folk worried."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" I don't want an army. I don't need an army. I don't want power", Fisher says. " Before the Merge, I had more money than I could ever spend. But I didn't leverage it. I just wanted to provide for my family. And for us, not that much changed during the Merge. My son advised me to invest in Stark Industries and it worked out."
He chuckles bitterly. " Of course, back then I thought a normal human still had a future in this world. But that was before the Incursion."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"The war couldn't have been won without ordinary people standing up." she offered. "So if you don't need armies or power, then why are you doing this?"

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" My late wife's brother used to work for me. Not just work...we were as close as if we were brothers as well. He was sort of my 'bodyguard' and my chauffeur. He was driving us through New York on the day the Incursion happened", Fisher says, leaning back.
" We'd just gotten my son and my daughter from the airport and just wanted to get out of the traffic...when one of them stepped right in front of the car."

Most likely, he means one of the Word Bearer Space Marines, but in recent years, people have become superstitious about mentioning the eldritch forces by name...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

It was amazing how well the good cop/bad cop routine worked, if you did it right and just letting the perp talk. Sometimes they just needed to get it off their chests. So she nodded her understanding.

"It must have been terrifying. My family lives up in Oregon in a rather ordinary fishing community, so while we didn't get as much of that as other areas, we still had to deal with monsters of every sort." she said. "My powers manifested after the war." she added and wrinkled her nose. "I sneezed and knocked myself silly when I hit a wall. Twenty feet away." she sighed and rubbed her temples. "We had to deal with the monsters with our own ingenuity and alot of firepower with the ones that were hostile and didn't get the hint." she said. "I lost alot of friends and extended family members during the worst of it."

ooc
Playing up the sympathetic card here.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Fisher nods. " Then you should understand. Aaron tried to brake, but our car slammed into the thing...knocked it back. But it remained standing. There was no helmet to its armor, but it had threaded silver spikes through the skin on its face...probably to look more grotesque." The man swallows. " It succeeded."
He pauses, taking a shuddering breath, visibly paling at the memory. " The car was pretty much ruined but we'd only gotten a few scrapes. Aaron told us to stay put, grabbed his gun and jumped out...Ellen often joked that her brother was too dumb to be afraid. Guess she was right....because the three of us were paralyzed with terror."
" Aaron was smart enough to not try and talk to the thing...not after he heard the screams from the nearby streets. No...he fired. Hit the thing right in its leering face. The bullets didn't even...get through the skull."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"My own brother lost a leg in The Wars." Long admits, his eyes coming back from a distant memory. "What happened then?" he asks.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" What do you think?" Fisher asks. " The comics rarely show what happens when a superhuman punches a normal human. Aaron's head literally exploded." He pauses for a moment. " And then the thing turned around, lifted its gun and said ' Be thankful, for oblivion awaits.'. Then, it fired at us."
He shakes his head. " It's a miracle we're still here. I only got clipped by shrapnel. Dana and Cliff...they were...nearly torn...to...pieces..."
Tears begin to collect in his eyes.
" If...Mr Parker...hadn't...saved us...we'd be...dead."
He takes a shuddering breath before he looks at you again.
" The time of us mortals is over. This is a time of gods. Being a man means nothing anymore."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

Koral feels the man's pain and has to steel himself against it. This is what the whole Jedi philosophy came down to for him. There was no point to burying or hiding from this - it was a part of him. Everyone had stories about the Incursion, some were more fortunate and not directly in the path. Others less so. It was how you let the events define you or how you gave their memory meaning that mattered.

"Respectfully, I disagree.

"The time of mortal, as you called it, is not over. Mortals made a stand. Yes, they sided with powerful beings. But we're not gods. I still bleed. There's a reason I didn't pull a lightsaber to get here - and while that reason is primarily because our intentions are not hostile, it also has to do with knowing that my actions have consequences to myself and to others.

"The memorial in New York pays respects to normal kids who used their popular culture to help save the world. I've heard rumors that at least one of of the so-called Superheroes is not actually from another world, but is a normal person who was merged with that hero's powers. And that person stood up to be counted to save all of us.

"I was a cop and a Star Wars fan until this started. My guilty pleasure... I was a big role-playing fan of Star Wars. Imagine my surprise that I wield the Force now. And... that Satele Shan showed up and determined that I was 'worthy' in her eyes to carry the title of Jedi Knight.

"Now, if nothing else, is the time for mortals to show our true abilities. To show that we can handle whatever the gods throw at us - knowing that the gods cannot throw more than we handle."

He hadn't meant to get so philosophical, but the man's words struck a chord...
OOC - changed the "read a report" to "heard rumors." I doubt that Koral has the security clearance to know about Supergirl.
Last edited by Bladewind on Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"It will always be ordinary people that carry the day. Always." thw agent avowed. "I mourn with you. We have all lost those dear to us." she reached over and gently took his hand in hers. "Now tell us, why you are doing this and for whom? We will help if we can."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Why I'm doing this? To provide the best possible future for my children, of course", he says and suddenly, there is steel in his voice.
" I spent hours upon hours waiting for the doctors to tell me if these..these...bloody....lumps...if these...were even still my son and daughter...if they would live. And as I was waiting, I realized that them being alive would not be enough. I would not let them exist as specks of dust in a world ruled by gods and monsters. I had money. And finally, I could do something worthwhile for them."
He pauses, his hands shaking.
" I would, if necessary, spend every penny I had to not just save their lives but make them ready for the world at hand.
My children will be gods."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"This isn't the right way. Have you asked if they want this?" she asked.

Battle Init