The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Neo-Paladin »

While the forest road leading to the estate has no cameras, a mixture of CCTV from a nearby town and satellite imagery courtesy of the DXDO allows you to make the following observations:

Azaj never leaves the area, same for Mrs. Finch. On occasion, Manifold does, mostly to hang out in a bar in the nearest town. Most of the guards come and go in shifts, too, while some also go on regular supply drives (every three days), coming back with a truckload of food, which apparently does not last long - given what you have seen on the grounds, Mrs. Finch is most likely the reason for that.

The next food run would be this afternoon.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

There was always a war going on in Long’s mind. He knew he should maintain proper procedure and proper protocol. But the trickster nature in him got bored with that at times and used the excuse that more could be accomplished if he ‘stretched’ the rules.

Today, the trickster won.

“I wanna infiltrate the good run.” He says. “It’d be a good way into the compound. We could probably all go.” There’s a glint of mischief in long’s eye.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//Guys?
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

She grinned. Air benders loved a good joke. "Sounds like a good idea." she considered. "Maybe take over a food delivery truck?"
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

"To quote Tom Arnold - Ballsy. Stupid, but ballsy.

“I'm in”."

OOC - that's gonna be my last IC post for the next week. Feel free to ghost me as needed.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Long gets an eager look on his face, not unlike a junkie anticipating his next fix.

"Okay, we follow them to their destination. We shouldn't actually assault them (i.e. knock them unconscious through brute violence) but we'll run them through the database and see if there are any out standing warrants on them. Even if not, there are always questionably legal tactics like 'detaining for questions', and if they refuse to cooperate, charge them for obstruction of justice or even resisting arrest if they take it physical. Hopefully I can get close enough to lift their communicators or we just be that quick. We don't want them calling it in."

"Another route to go is slipping them a knockout drug through injection or in any food they might consume. Or even some combination of arrest and knockout drug." he adds.

"And a third route would be I form a plastic box around us all and we slip in as food stuff." Long says. "Infiltrating as food is not as much fun but it would avoid if there are passcodes we might not know and makes this less dependent on our acting skills."
[Any or all of these the GM can say 'it works' because it's not worth a scene to play it out. It's convenient enough.]
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"I could knock out the drones as well with some well placed bad weather." she said. "With the pokemon and other elemental critters around, it could be chalked up to them playing around."

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"They have drones on their food run?" Long asks.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"No but they do over their compound." she quipped and looked thoughtful. "Given how paranoid this guy seems, I wouldn't put it past him to monitor that as well."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//So, what's the concrete plan?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

//

Follow the food truck, run facial recognition on the particular guards on it to check for outstanding warrants. If none have convenient warrants still look for a time when one is isolated. Confront the one isolated. If he/she does anything beyond cooperate take them down with a combination of Long's grapple and Morgan's Jedi whammy.
Alternatively, if it seems easier that we can just sneak or be loaded on to the truck we do that. (this is what Long was asking his fellow agents' input on. Sorry if I was unclear.)
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"Well, let's go through proper procedure first and if that doesn't seem feasible, we pull a Hobbit on them and sneak in through a box or barrel."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

And so you wait until the next food run. The van used is crewed by three guards, two men and a woman. There does not seem to be any drone accompanying it.

Facial recognition marks all three as natives: Rebecca Holt, 28, Alexander Dunne, 33 and Maximilian Boone, 34. They all were hired from a security firm in the area and have no criminal records besides a misdemeanor charge against Dunne from 2001.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"Ready to go Bilbo on these folks?" she quipped. "Luckily for us, I can supply the air if necessary."

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

“We’ll need to see if they load stuff big enough that we can conceivably blend with.” Long says.

We follow them.