The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"You aren't under attack. We are trying to save your family from your own foolishness." she snapped irritably, patience thinning. "Let's go!" she looked at the guards. "You coming with us?"
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Fisher tries to keep Long from pushing the button but in the end, he is a normal older man and stands no chance. With a hissing sound, the wall on the right slides aside, revealing an elevator.
The guards look at each other, then nod. " Don't really want to encounter Mrs. Finch in that mood...", Holt says.
Azaj nods his agreement. " I could maybe stop her, but I don't want to kill a colleague...or set the house on fire."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"Right then, you can fill us in on the kids and his wife's background while we go down there." she said as they quickly exited into the secret lab entrance. "We can use that to help calm them down." she added.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" We don't know anything about his wife...she died years before the Merge", Holt says, shrugging.
" But he should come with", Azaj adds and before Fisher can say anything, he hoists the older man up and shoves him into the elevator. " Probably best if they see one familiar face when they wake up"
Before the eleavator doors close, you see the room's doors being opened by a...vaguely humanoid thing studded with giant bloodshot eyeballs, a chest rupting with fleshy tentacles and four overly long arms tipped with razor-sharp claws....
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"Seriously, you need mental help." she told Fisher as they went down.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

He meets her gaze with a sharp glare. " Where were you during the Incursion, young miss? I doubt you could even begin to understand how it feels to be utterly powerless anymore. You're one of the privileged now." He turns to Holt. " And you...you should know better."
Holt shakes her head. " There's a difference between wanting revenge on some powered asshole and loosening some abominations onto the world just because you're afraid and don't trust them to deal with the world on their own."
" Be careful how you talk about my children!" Fisher snaps.
Holt sighs. " Just in case it wasn't obvious...I quit."
" Likewise", Azaj mutters.

Before Fisher can respond to that, the elevator shudders to a halt and the doors open into a large room that is filled with lab equipment and computer terminals. One wall is dominated by a shelf that hosts hundreds of cryo-containers with such telling descriptions as:
KRYPTONIAN BLOOD
" KEGARE" CENTIPEDE
T-VIRUS
NANOMACHINES (GREY GOO)
MI-GO TISSUE
T-1000 SENTIENT METAL
BLACK LOTUS POWDER
MANTRA VIALS
DEMON HORN
ASTARTES PROGENOID GLANDS
SPICE MELANGE
...and many, many more...

There are about a dozen people in lab coats that turn around, eyes wide as they see the guns and the new people.
Near the back wall, you can see two large fluid-filled chambers each of which has a single unconscious occupant - one a 16-year-old male, the other a female of about the same age. Both are naked and, from the looks of it, in peak physical condition. The male shows a series of small, inobtrusive implants on his brow and down his body that look like they have been grown rather than implanted.

The female has no implants but you all notice that something seems to shine through her skin and her eyelids. In front of the containers stand two persons, one of them a tall woman of middle age and obvious Indian origin, the other a dwarfish man whose skin is a mass of scars and wrinkles.
He seems to take the appearance of you much more in stride than the rest.

" Ah...we have guests. Was only a matter of time...but no worries...we're pretty much done", he says. His smile is without any malice but quite dispassionate.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

The woman ignores Fisher. "What did you do to them?" she asked. "And do you have any safeguards whatsoever on them?"

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The short man chuckles. " Oh...if you want, I can give you a thorough lecture on what exactly we did here...but that might take a while. In short, though, me and the lovely Dr. Chukrati here had the privilege to work with and combine a selection of the most powerful and exotic augmentic agents into a magnificent whole. AI-assisted brain augmentics, nano-fabricators embedded in the body, DNA editing, stimulation of the corona potentialis, controlled neural mutation using Spice and similar substances...even more esoteric approaches like chakra overloads, controlled possession and using biomatter-lasers to remap the neural pathways to artificially induce spiritual enlightenment...
It was the most expansive and most creative project I ever had the opportunity to work on." This time, his smile appears genuine. Someone really loves his work.
He looks at the woman, who nods. " I could finally undo the mistake we made with Krishna and create something better", she says, a shadow passing over her face.

The man - Kriegstein - looks at Fisher as he continues, " I voted for a kill-switch, but our good employer was adamant. So...the only safety right now is that they are unconscious - for now. But the reanimation protocols have already been started. Soon, Matreiya and Infinita will open their eyes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"You morons." Aislynn bit out. "Giving scared, hurt kids powers, then waking them up in this kind of environment? You're out of your ever loving minds!" she ground out. "They're gonna freak out and wreck the joint. If we're lucky!"

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

"Can they be put back under?" Koral asks. "Reverse the wake up protocols?."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Long secures a gag over Fisher's mouth so the older man can't add anything to this messed up situation.

He turns to the scientists. "And do you guys need to be here for any reason like monitoring feeds or something?" Long adds to Morgan's questions. "And I swear if you lie to us I'll send you up the elevator in FBI jackets where Ms. Finch is already on the war path."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Kriegstein frowns. " There are no known sedatives that would work. Not anymore. We spent two months building their immune system. The only thing that could end the process now would be a complete shutdown of the neural augmentics as they power up. Which would kill them."
Fisher's eyes go wide and he screams something into the gag.

Chukrati looks at the human male in the tank and shakes her head. " We're not killing them. "
The other people in lab coats look distinctly uncomfortable.
" Uhm...", one of them says, raising his hand, " we did mostly monitor things...but as of now...the process is mostly automated. We're not exactly needed down here anymore."

As he finishes, a soft chime echoes through the room and Kriegstein smiles. " One minute left now."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"No we are not killing them. Anyone who isn't essential, go. The less people around them, the less they'll feel threatened. Let's give them some space, yeah?" she said.

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Yeah, let's get some of you guys into adjoining rooms but on comms in case things go down. Anyone who wants can take the elevator back up in case we fail here, except for Fisher and the doctors who just did reprehensible things to children with illegal technology." He holds up a hand to forestall the protests of the scientists. "Cooperate fully and I'll do what I can to arrange that your 'punishment' is to study even more artifacts ad Mergetech and their unusual interactions across differing paradigms. Heavens know we need the help at HQ with that."

He looks to the two mercenary metas. "If you're willing to stay close we could probably use the assist."

With the sound like a balloon being twisted Long's feature's expand and reshape to mirror the elder Fisher's exactly. "I'll try to calm the children until transport to DXDO facilities can arrive. Morgan if you would please, call this in with request for transports, aid, and any telepaths that can calm beings mentally since drugs aren't an option."

"Lynn, if you would get pictures of the lab and notes, send those both to Coulson and Tattletale. If we do fail and this place is destroyed it'll be all we have to try to figure out what happened and reverse it maybe. I'll access social media for Fisher and his kids to be convincing.*"
[*Hoping for a circumstance bonus on the deception rolls against the kids.]
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"On it. Long, Keep to your real form. They are not going to be happy if they see through it" she advised.

ooc
Sorry for the spelling. I'm doing this from my phone.

Battle Init