The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Flynnarrel »

Long points back over his shoulder. "It was a CORPSE! With the dead eyes and the.... eww... squick! There should be rules against that kind of thing. Is all I'm sayin'."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The interior of the building looks like a boiler room made love to the Enterprise's engine room of the new Star Trek movies and was then visited by an angry ex-girlfriend in the form of a bachelor's pad.

There are numerous pizza and other fast food cartons laying around, you can count at least a dozen different bottles of liquor on various benches and tables and loud hip-hop music is blaring from somwhere above you. Half a dozen different machines of various sophistication and complexity lie strewn around in various stages of dismemberment.

On a chair near a bench overwrought with all kinds of arcane technical instruments sits a figure in a stained red robe. On its back is what looks like a metallic spider extending various mechanical arms over his head. As he looks up, you can see that half his face has been replaced by ungainly cybernetic enhancements, some of which have been encased in brass and what looks like bronze, just for the looks.
Above his head, a large cogwheel symbol with a half-cybernetic skull in the middle hangs from the ceiling.

" They're not dead. Just mostly braindead. Non-essential functions have been removed. The term you're looking for is servitors. And they're perfectly legal...on Mars, anyway." His voice sounds metallic still, as if his voicebox has also been replaced by augmentations.
" So, what does Coulson want now? Don't tell me his coffee machine's broken again..."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Long could appreciate the decor. Geek-shiek with a healthy dollop of desperation. If one of this man's 'arms' were a Cheetos-dispensing apparatus he wouldn't be surprised.

"We're looking for someone with access to or owner of the bastard love-child between a Stargate and a Boom-Tube. They've been depositing merc biomechanoids in places where our investigation into the illegal Spice trade have been taking us. Can you help us with any of what I just said?" Long said bluntly. Secrecy would just delay things and let's face it, who was this guy going to tell? His Tamagotchi?
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"Just what exactly are you?" she asked curiously.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Me? I'm a Techpriest of the Omnissiah...or, I was. Until this Merge happened. Then I got a glimpse of your Noosphere...your Internet. And I moved to Terr....Earth, I mean. As quickly as possible. Aand without my peers or superiors knowing." He smirks.
" As for your question...I've studied Merged tech for a few months now. Stargates are loud, unruly monsters - radiation-wise, I mean. Boomtubes...now that's tech even the Eldar would give their pointy ears for! But even so...spatial displacement would be an issue and be noticed by the right sensors. Do you want a device that can track such a thing? If so...Matthis-3-4-X-Epsilon is your man! That's...me, by the way."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AISLYNN

"That'd be great, depending on how it'd cost us." she said. "Plus any information you might have on this spice business." she said and told them what little she knew.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

He shakes his head. " Don't know anything about drugs. Besides alcohol, I don't take any. No need to once you know how to rewire your neural networks...which is something I can also offer. I could stick something in your brain that'd directly stimulate your pleasure centers when doing mundane tasks...or supercharge it when doing something...pleasurable on its own..."
He grins, managing to look both eager and sleazy at the same time.
" And my prize for the tracker? Easy. 20 million. Or, alternatively, one of Stark's ARK reactors or a ZPM from Atlantis. Power's always an issue here."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AISLYNN

"I'll see if Coulson can swing it." she said and called the man. "And no, I don't need any kind of modifications. Thanks though."

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque
Condition: Getting there...
HP: 1

Torque involuntarily takes a step back at all this talk of rewiring.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

It seems as if the man only now has realized the transformer who just entered the room.
" By the Omnissiah's grace! You...you are...a machine lifeform? I had so hoped to meet one of you....especially here, where things like you are not automatically out to kill us all! How...are you?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Agent Long also backed the heck up when Doc Squid started talking about sticking things in peoples brains. He examines the room.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The room is full of technical knickknacks of all kinds, plus all manner of half-completed devices and gutted pieces of household apparata, from tvs to toasters. Long counts at least six computers, all modified in some way.
There are also many books showing all sorts of blueprints, technical manuals of all sorts...and at least four pin-up calendars. Half-eaten pizza slices are to be found on one table and several bottles of liquor and beer are standing or lying around. A low cot seems to serve as a bed, next to a gently humming device that looks like a baroque steampunk fan's dream.

Coulson's response is short. " Tell him no. No ARK reactor, certainly no ZPM and definitely not 20 million. Tell him to think a bit more local and small. Remind him that he's just one phone call away from being hauled back to Mars. Earth granted him asylum, but there were conditions."
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Hannibal

"What about the Tepazolco Dam? It's down in Xochitlán Puebla. I was there a few months ago with some friends sweeping out a nest of vampires. If this guy can get it operational again, it'll give home the hydro-electricity he needs and can help power the locals at the same time.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

Aislynn relayed the message. "Would you like to talk to him directly?" she asked.

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"What's this do?" Long says bending down to look closer at the steampunk device.