The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Doubtful, especially since we'll be bidding against the Queen if we want to spare this creature it's fate under her." Hal says regarding the simian with regret.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Go...ook?" the creature makes, staring at him without comprehension. Its intellect does indeed seems to only be that of an ape, friendly though it might be.
" No use talking to it", one of the guards says. " it's even dumber than a human."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"What use would it be as a slave?" Hal asks the guard with feigned disdain.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The guard - a drow - laughs coldly. " That thing? It can build. Weapons. Armor. Tech....nolo...gy. Things that work like magic but are not magic. It's dumb...but then again, it's not." He shrugs. " That's why it doesn't have a collar. Took it apart last time, nearly blew up its cell."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"Perhaps, it can talk, just not in a language you can translate." she said mildly. "How much is it going for?"
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" This thing? No, it can't speak. Easy to handle if you keep it fed and keep it away from machines." He looks at a display on his armor. " Hmm...60000 units."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//Which would, in theory, be manageable...but, for a supposed " miracle builder", it's kinda cheap...there has to be some drawback.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"How much 'assets' do we have now?" she asked quietly and resisted the intense urge to freeze the guard's reproductive organs off.

She looked at a guard. "Do you have a list of the slaves and what they're going for?" she chuckled a little. "I think we may have enough for one, but I'm afraid we rather went a bit crazy on the enhancement auction, so I don't know for sure." she made a face at Hal, in mock annoyance.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral
Condition: Normal
HP: 1 (0)
Cover Name: Tovas Li

"I am open to suggestions. I can distract or otherwise trick a few. But we are a ways in.

"Perhaps distractions elsewhere?"
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"And it's aways to the portal, which they have control of." she reminded them. "With a world full of things that think anything that isn't them is edible."

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Did they...?" Hal asks in a whisper into the comms. "Did they really 'control' the portal?"

"There was a table there with guys for check in but they couldn't really close down a rent between universes."

"In any case, it rankles me to see slavery reintroduced by the Merge but if we can't do anything about it then we can't." Hal concedes sadly.

"I just don't really know what we accomplished. We bought a thing and met a queen. If we don't think our perp in control of the power-gathering organization then it must be the older guy but we don't have any info on him. We could show the queen the ruins of the Star Gate mechanoid but those guys probably weren't the original builders." Hal huffs.

"I dunno. Are we done here? Is there any more we think we can glean from any part of this place?"
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral

"Well, I was going to look for a snack." The Jedi says with a small shrug.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

As for the list...it's massive. Apparently, slavery is a thriving business and there are way too many entries to meaningfully list them here...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

Once again, she wished she was a fire bender. Or an earth bender. Although, with her apparently being the Avatar, that too would come in time. But for now, she could dream about setting the place on fire and sending it into the earth.

"I hate this place," the young woman grated out. "I really, hate this place." she looked at the other two. "They did say we couldn't fire-bomb the place, right?"

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral

"And how would that help anyone?"

What are the other patrons and people running the place doing?