The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Oh...well, I am mostly here for the Jokaero. I wonder if they can be taught gene-splicing. Besides that...I heard that there are several tougher species on sale...klingons, orcs, ogres...creatures that could withstand the strain of multiple experiments..."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Well, good luck to you. And thank you for the contact method." Hal says, feigning disinterest in the slave proceedings and pocketing the device.

He wanted even more now to get to the slave pens and see if there was a way to free the unfortunates.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//Alrighty, what are you going to do next?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

//Headed to the slave pens I think.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Yup!
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I was looking for a beer, but slaves pens are good too. ;)

Seriously - reason I asked that was to possibly see if there was anyone else to strike up a conversation. Brooding in the background is only fun for so long.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Steeling yourself, you head out of the room and down to where the slave pens are. Contrary to what you maybe expected, it's not just squalor but in fact, very clean. The cells where the slaves are kept are enclosed on three sides by white tiled walls and by forcefields on the fourth. A walkway allows prospective buyers to have a good look at the merchandise....

There are dozens upon dozens of cells, filled with all kinds of creatures, sentient and non-sentient...

//Anything in particular you are looking for?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Hal tries to figure out the control system for the forcefields. Not just individual cells, but also for all of them at once. He's also studying to see who are the slavers including 'head slaver' if there is such a thing. Likewise, are there security cameras?

"Guys, look about, if we're serious about disrupting their operation we need to see if the slaves are equipped with control devices, see how to free them all at once, and set things up so personnel are in the wrong spots to suppress an escape and maybe weapons are in a right spot to be of aid. This means a clear route for escaped slaves to the exit, otherwise their just going to be recaptured. It'll be tough; are we sure we want to do this?" Hal whispers into the comms.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral
Condition: Normal
HP: 1 (0)
Cover Name: Tovas Li

"No. We cannot fight every battle. We need to report back."

The Jedi code sucked sometimes, but the truth was they didn't the power to free and escape. Too many people would be at risk. Themselves included. Whereas reporting could result in a better mounted operation.

Despite his assertion, Koral does extend senses to determine if the nature of the tech holding them in place.

OOC - Senses - Ranged 2, Acute, Accurate, Analytical Detect Technology (Mental)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"Best we can do is record everything and hand the information over to our bosses." Aislynn whispered back. "I'm sorry, but there's not much we can do here. Even if we free them, we still have to get them to our dimension and it's certain that if we do manage a jail break, they'll shut that portal down. If we just set them loose, they will be eaten by those horrors out there." she looked grim. "At least here, they have a chance to survive and win their freedom hard as it is."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The tech seems to be pretty insulated, controllable only from a central hub that in itself is surrounded by a forcefield, a tall, man with dark skin, white hair and pointed ears standing guard.

Several other guards are drow, you also see several dragonborn and at least one pale, slug-like thing with four legs, armored from head to tip of the slimy tail. All guards are armored and armed with what appears to be high-powered energy rifles.

The slaves themselves all seem to have collars around their necks...all except one creature that looks like a cross between an orangutan and a gorilla that is watching you with apish curiosity from behind its forcefield.
Last edited by Neo-Paladin on Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"My database says that's the creature type the Queen wants." Hal says. "I'm hesitant to leave anyone in her 'tender mercies'." Hal says into the comms while stepping closer to the creature until he was just on the other side of the forcefield.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The being looks at him with open curiousity, scratching its orange-furred head while making cooing noises...

Interestingly, its eyes dart back and forth between you and anything looking like technology, which seems to draw its attention inexorably.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Do you speak Galactic Standard?" Hal asks remembering to pick the Star Wars verse for English.

Hal looks around to see the process of taking slaves out of their cages to be brought to the auction.

He also looks around for the meanest non-sentient wild creatures kept down here.

"If not freeing everyone do we think we can get at least one out? Maybe also freeing some of the beasts as a distraction for our leaving?" Hal asks over comms.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"I don't see how." she considered. "Do we have enough funds to buy one?"

Battle Init