The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by kirinke »

There is a quick and heated exchange between the creature and Coulson. You fail to hear what exactly is being said but eventually, the creature's responses become more clipped...and then it lets out a rattled sound like a sigh.
" We have a deal", it snaps...
AISLYNN

Aislynn grinned as she nodded to Long to release the prisoner. "So now that we've settled that. Tell me what you know. Everything."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The creature stands up and crosses its arms before its body. It does not look too happy. Whatever Coulson said to it must have stung.
" I can't tell you the name of the one who employed us because I do not know it. I just know that he is rich. Very much so, by your standards. He bought the cocoon that contained me and my..." what follows is a word that sounds like the screeching of a sawblade against reinforced steel, " and he did not just buy our cocoon. He collects artifacts from the Merge, it seems. He never showed his face to us. Kept us in a locked room and told us we were to work for him. Promised us a share of his riches and as much metal as we needed. Said he wanted the drug called Spice. As much as possible. Everything that had made it to Earth, if we could. That's it."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AISLYNN

The girl nodded. "So more or less you were enslaved by this guy." she said with a sigh, having no doubt he was going to throw these creatures under the proverbial bus once he was done with them. "He must have some way of transporting you, right? Did he just teleport you to where he needed you or did he have you dropped off at some drop off point? And if so, he must have had somebody take you there. Can you describe that?"

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" He had...some sort of portal device. I do not know where it came from", the creature said, describing it. It sounds like a retrofitted and modified Stargate almost, hybridized with Boomtube tech.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AISLYNN

The girl relayed the information she got from the creature to Coulson and got confirmation they would pick the creatures up. "Okay. Some people will come by to pick you up. Cooperate with them and we can hopefully put this guy away."

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Agent Nathaniel Long comes back in to the room forlorn. "I've misplaced my keys before, even forgotten where I left my car, but I've never lost two teammembers! Flagg and Tracer have vanished. I called it in. The eggheads are probably doing something clever with triangulating cell phones or teeth filings or something. We should probably continue on mission. Do we have any idea where to head from here?" he asks.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

// Good question...what say you?
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"Well, let's start by finding out who is collecting alot of Merge artifacts and is mega rich. There can't be that many multi-billionaires around with that sort of fetish." Aislynn said and tagged Coulson with the request to give them a list if he could.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque
Condition: Getting there...
HP: 1

"I may be the youngest one here, but my Spark was not created without knowledge... that and I've been streaming a lot of internet. I would think that the list is quite vast... the thing I'm wondering is whether or not we're looking for a native or a Merger... or a group of Mergers...

"One of the things I've been wondering is whether or not people are all who they appear to be... It's unlikely Ultraman could pass as Superman for long, but Owlman as Batman? What if the Lady Sif is slumming as Jane Doe? Or people from other universes..."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Hannibal

Taking a last drag on the beer he had confiscated from a nearby frig. Belch!

Leaning against an overturned workbench. Those Stargates and Boom Tubes ... I ain't no sciencetist, but I do read comics and wasn't there always some kind of energy signature or something when they were used?
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"That might be a good angle to explore as well." she said putting Coulson on speaker phone. "What do you think?" she asked the man.

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Bladewind wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:51 pm Torque
"One of the things I've been wondering is whether or not people are all who they appear to be... It's unlikely Ultraman could pass as Superman for long, but Owlman as Batman? What if the Lady Sif is slumming as Jane Doe? Or people from other universes..."

"I personally know about not being what you appear to be, Mr. Robato."
the malleable agent says. "Do not trust surface appearances." he cautions.
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn.

"So we have multiple avenues of inquiry. One, follow the money, can't argue with the classics of investigation, two follow the energy signatures the transport may give out. Easiest one to tackle first would be follow the money." she said wryly. "Since those energy signatures would be sporadic at best. Money trails are easier to follow."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Coulson listens to the group quietly before chiming in.
" Given that living creatures and teleportation equipment are by now illegal to own unless you have a license and the creatures in case are neither dangerous nor sentient, these items were undoubtedly purchased on the black market. There are many legitimate collectors of Merged artifacts - two of our consultants, Mr. Lee and Mr. Morrison, have rather impressive collections - but not many have the money or collections for the black market wares we are talking about here."
He pauses for a moment.
" But...we might have an inroads into the black market. There is a certain individual who owes us a favour. Go to the following address and say Coulson sent you."

The coordinates being transmitted next point to a place in Mexico City.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Long balks at the coordinates with a small strangled noise.

"Uh... Aren't there more things we can do in the L.A./Hollywood area? We have a whole bunch of former customers of Hammond's we could check out still: Will Smith, Kevin Smith, Ben Affleck, Paul W.S. Anderson, Milla Jovovich, Miss Therese - that 'sorceress to the stars', and Jeremy Keene - the talent agent. I've always wanted to meet Ben Affleck, mostly to smack him for his portrayal of Daredevil, but still." Agent Long confesses.

"There's also a woman expecting to meet Hammond at a 'usual place' but that was two hours from...." Long checks his wristwatch, puzzles a moment, then remembers it is only a fabrication of his own mass and huffs in annoyance pulling out his phone and checking the time. "Uh... Soon o'clock. But then Lena and I got this address from a Foot clan member sent to watch Ash street because another contact of Hammond's was driving by there when 'Hammond', aka me, called him. Oh, and I have a cell phone with numbers that a mysterious woman in red gave to Hammond when he was at the Mage's Memorial earlier today, though they were all burner phones and most of them are probably deactivated by now."

"So, we thinking to split up like last time? Two by two, Hands of Blue an' all that or should we stick together?"