The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Bladewind »

Galahad
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

Galahad will spend the time getting to know his new teammates. He rather enjoys and approves of Long`s disguise and name. It was a perfect combination of recognition and anonymity.

For his own disguise, he takes Long`s advice and gets a tan. In terms of backstory, He ponders using the mask options to mimic Long's lead as another clone trooper, but decides against it relatively quickly. One generic cloned (or original badass) Mandalorian worked for their purposes. Any more pushed it. Perhaps if they were four or five strong as a group and all went with that notion it could work, but two would just draw attention to their third teammate. And by consequence jeopardize their cover.

"Following your example, Long, I think I could pull off Star Killer - especially if I went with the Sith Armor version.

Regarding communication:

I have some telepathic ability - but I doubt I can communicate interdimensionally. So unless there's always a door or gateway to Earth open, that probably won't be an option.
Last edited by Bladewind on Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"I thought there was a Star Killer already running around?" she asked. "Least that's a report I read a while back." she looked thoughtful. "Also, I think Star Killer would come off as fairly dark, aura wise, wouldn't he?" she hrmed. "I don't think you could successfully pull of a dark force-user. I do think you could pull a unknown Grey Jedi though."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Galahad

"Fair. But I still think armor is a good way to go."
Last edited by Bladewind on Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:21 pm "What are the communication abilities into and out of this rift? In case we need to call for back-up?" Long asks.
You learn that you will be given one-way comm " devices" (actually some sort of magitek) that will allow you to call for backup. Unfortunately, communication is one-way only (out, not in).
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

After two days of passing the time and getting to know your roles, you are all being told to get ready. After the plane lands in Stansted Airport near London, you find yourself packed into a nondescript van and driven to Crouch End, an area of North London, about 5 miles away from the City of London proper.

All of you have been given comm beads to stay in contact. And it is through these that Newman contacts you once you have been deposited on Crouch End Broadway, near the famous red brick clocktower.

" Alright. The entryway to the Fold has been blocked and barricaded, but there is a way around the barricade. Enter through the backdoor of the King's Head comedy club. It will be open this close to an auction. Then, once inside, walk down the hallway and take the third door to the right. After that....you're on your own."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

After several surprises, one of which was discovering that she could actually Bend Water! Aislynn with Galahad's help, refined her water bending abilities to the point where both felt confident enough that she could pass as a water bender, which was even better for her cover. The other part, the frightening part, in her mind was the fact that she might be an Avatar. She didn't know what to think about that.

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Setting up a reason for Hannibal to stay close (in the neighborhood at least) to the Fold's entrance, Hal-Long will step confidently, if somewhat surly-ly through the comedy club. He'll be carrying enough liquid cash, gems, maybe barter goods for them to actually be credible customers at a high-end auction.

"Step Lively."

[What are folk's cover names?]
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"Lively, for you, or lively for me?" she said in a sotto voice. Aislynn also carries the appropriate coinage and other easily barterable items.

ooc
Rachel Elizibeth West
Last edited by kirinke on Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Galahad

To better blend/ associate with Hal Long, Galahad configures his new suit to mimic a robeless variation of the Senate Guard.

"Alright, Hal, let's get this show on the road."

Was thinking of going by Mordred. But that's a little too on the nose with the Arthurian imagery. Going with Morgan Koral. Established the identity as a member of the Sunsetters. Known to have worked with Hal on a number of missions. Three solo missions also on file.

Like Hal Long, he carries appropriate coinage.

Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

As you open the door, you stare...at a normal street. At least, at first glance. But, as you look closer, you see that the shop fronts have weird writing on them.

NRTSN NYARLATHOTEP
KRYON NIGGURATH
G'GN OEDON KAA

And while the rest of the street ahead looks normal, in the distance, monstrously baroque towers point at the sky, higher than any building has any right to be...and the spider-like things crawling over them are big enough for you to make out clearly.

The sky is a sickly shade of purple and if you squint just right, you can make out unbelievably vast shapes moving just beyond the horizon.
Someone has erected chain-link fences on the nearest crossroads and there are armed guards dressed in black-painted Spartan Armor posted there. The only way would be forward...
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Galahad

Police training, the reassurance of having a connection to the Force and several months of training under an actual Jedi all work in concert to allow Galahad - Morgan Koral - to keep his composure.

"I read a report - partially redacted even with some clearance with the DXDO* - is it always going to be some Cthonic entity trying to destroy the world or sink its teeth in?"

Koral scans the area, taking in the surroundings. Standing next to Hal Long, he turns his head slightly to the other man and almost imperceptibly nods in forward.

OOC: *I know that I I didn't give him any ranks in security clearance, but I wanted to add some connection to continuity.
Last edited by Bladewind on Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The stretchy agent was a good actor. That was the only thing keeping him from screaming and running back to reality in the face of cthonic horrors.

His role as Hal (no last name), gave him the seasoned grit of someone bred for battle, the gravel of a veteran soldier, and the steel spine of a war dealer - a true businessman of death. Ooh! with clever slogans: 'We're slashing prices... and your enemies.' 'Your foes, half off.' 'It's a fire sale, arson jobs reduced 20%.'... His mind filled with comedic slogans as a retreat from That which Man was Not Meant to Know.

He soldiered on with a grunt to acknowledge Morgan's words.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

Everything about the place felt wrong and bad as if reality had been corrupted and sat too long in a cess-pit that needed to be cleaned out a hundred years ago. She wanted to turn around and run, to shut her eyes and hide in a closet for the next ten years, but... She took a breath and centered herself.

"Let's get this over with before we go nuts." she said. "And I have a feeling the kind of 'nuts' this place gives you isn't the warm and fuzzy kind."

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Sometimes being in character was a curse. For example, right now, as Hal, Long couldn't comment about Lynn being given 'warm and fuzzy' nuts. Comedic Gold, and he had to just let it pass by.

Hal just grunted and started forward.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The guards nod as you pass, keeping a close watch on the other side of the fence...where, in the distance, humanoid shapes shuffle aimlessly back and forth. as you continue down the street, you see that the concrete is cracked in places, a black tar-like substance seeping out. More guards appear at certain intervals until you reach a military-style barricade, with more soldiers standing guard, one singular entry point open. Beyond the barricade, you can see a manor that seems to be overgrown with some kind of black lichen....and you hear numerous voices from beyond the barrier, most sounding quite human.

The guard near the entrance trains his weapon on you. " Identification!"