The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Flynnarrel »

Fisher-Long frowns. "Morgan, do you agree we shouldn't at-least try to give them a familiar face when they're waking up disoriented?"
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

"Agent Koral with priority request." Koral calls in the request with a curt nod to Long. He looks to the mercs before answering Long`s second question.

"In principal, yes. That would probably have worked pre-Merge. But if they see through it I tend to agree with Lynn... my saber only activates when I am ready to kill with it. As a last resort..."

A small cylinder of metal flies from a pocket on his pant leg to his hand.

In the meantime, his mind probes the equipment to see if the ominous statement of no possible reversal is valid...

OOC: Control Technology: Affliction 9 [Resisted by Fortitude, Overcome by skill or Fortitude (Controlled); Cumulative, Ranged, Affects Object Only; Limited to Third Degree Only, Limited to Technology; Dynamic, Interface (Comprehend Machines)]
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Long relents and his features and voice revert back. "I hope we don't regret that."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral

"So do I."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"Just remember, these are scared, confused kids, even if they are in adult bodies." she said. "Keep it simple and honest."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Morgan's probing yields disheartening results. Apparently, the children had been effectively braindead, their neural networks heavily modified and kept in suspended animation through a variety of esoteric technical means.
Slowly, through a process so incredibly complex Morgan has trouble comprehending every step, although he does recognize the sublime elegance of the whole setup, their brains are being reactivated in such a way that they are not about to tear themselves apart with their powers while the implants and new organs they have are, piece by piece, released from artificial control and given over to their brains to use.

Shutting this off now would have catastrophic consequences...

As some of the technicians and lab assistants file into the elevator or adjacent rooms, Kriegstein, Fisher and Chukrati remain, all three eager to see what happens next.

There are a few tense moments of silence while the requests are patched through at the DXDO and you are assured assistance as soon as superhumanly possible.

Still, the invisible timer counts down and finally, with a shudder, Infinita, the girl, is the first to awaken. Her eyelids fly open, revealing no eyeballs but just balls of pure light as she utters a wordless scream, reflexively putting her arms up to protect herself against an imaginary attack. Around her, objects suddenly begin to glow with the same unearthly, warm light that shines through her skin...before erupting in a series of explosions that tear one half of the room apart!
Everyone within 5 meters of her, give me an Agility check against DC 20. If you fail, save against DC 25 damage, otherwise it's a save against DC 20
This seems to prompt the awakening of the boy...who opens his eyes and simply floats through the glass of his tank, his feet not touching the ground while a third eye opens in his forehead and ghostly projections of ten pairs of additional arms erupt from his shoulders....

" Beautiful", Chukrati says and drops to her knees....
" it is", Kriegstein agrees in a somber tone, " and I apologize for calling your Satori inductions crackpot science."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[How big was the room?]
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//Oh god, me and measurements...10 by 15
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[Long would have been at 4-5 meters but he would have advised people to get behind him. (He doesn't want to have a Gagged and Handcuffed Fisher in the room for his kids to see, btw. That's just not smart.)

To confirm, this is specifically agility, not Dodge?]
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//Sorry, my bad. Dodge. I'll assume that you shoved Mr. Fisher into an adjacent room.
So, Long would definitely have to roll.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

ooc
Aislynn will have Deflecting winds up as well for people. If you want, I can use a Hero point to make it retroactive, since I didn't explicitly state it before the kids woke up.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//No, it's okay. I will assume basic common sense for you all;) Any defensive powers you want activated are activated.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Dodge + Evasion: 1d20+7+5 26

Toughness: 1d20+7 24 Toughness passed.
Long is blown about but his malleable form takes it without injury.

Gasping with the effort of standing after a tumultuous awakening he mutters under his breath. "We shoulda brought a bigger... planet."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"Predictable." she sighed. "You idiots are lucky we're here." she coughed aloud. "Hi. You're safe." she said as soothingly as she could.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral

Morgan's mind snaps back to focus as the air erupts, and he instinctively flips back as only a prequel-Jedi can. His lightsaber has found its way back into the pocket on his leg and he lands in a crouch some distance away.

He decides to keep his mouth shut and not add a third voice trying to soothe them. He rises slowly, trying to present himself as nonthreateningly as possible.

dodge: 1d20+5 24
Toughness: 1d20+6 23