(IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU) Adventure #3

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Prof Weird

Re: (IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU) Adventure #3

Post by Prof Weird »

Maxine/Mozou
HP : 1
Condition : normal
The warden replied, "We have a mobile phone number, and a post office box." He handed her a piece of paper with the phone number, and P.O. Box in San Francisco. "I suspect she used P.O. Boxes when she was on the lam. Now, I believe she lives at her team's secret base.

"However, if we hadn't been able to raise you, I was going to call Strike Force," Lockheed said. "There's a district office in San Francisco, and word is, the Division Chief there is tight with the team. Hopefully someone in that office can reach her."
Mozou couldn't believe this turn of luck - it was GOOD for a change ! "I work with the Miami branch of Strike Force ! Maybe Chief Parsons can put in a good word for me with the Division chief out there. It would make things go a bit more smoothly - and they may be a bit more cooperative - if someone from another branch of the organization showed up, rather than someone off the street showing up out of the blue and asking questions."

"Thanks for the contact information warden."
she replied, "This is probably the best chance he's had in quite some time. Hopefully I can talk with aunt Alex and get 'dad' transferred or paroled or something."

"This is turning out to be a very busy day !"
she mused to herself, "Let's see - what's left to do ? 1 : Talk with Chief Parsons. 2 : Talk with my boss to get another day or two off - should be able to swing that, due to family emergency. 3 : Find a way to get to San Francisco ASAP. 4 : Hand off Mangrove's pod to Shaper."

Her train of thought was interrupted by a message from Shaper himself : Just finished meeting. Location still meeting at the parking lot of Florida State Prison for two thirty?

She sent a reply : "Yes. At the Medical Wing Entrance."
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Shaper
DeusPravus wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:55 pm "Agreed. A pleasure Mr. Wagner. Good afternoon," Shaper says, as he exits the conference room. Walking down the hall, Shaper looks at the time, wondering if Mozou is waiting for him to meet up. Taking out his communication, he sends a quick message to her. Just finished meeting. Location still meeting at the parking lot of Florida State Prison for two thirty?
As he sends the text, he notices that he has spent more time in the meeting than he thought. It's actually 2:45 as he's sending the text to Mozou.
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
DeusPravus

Post by DeusPravus »

Shaper
HP:1
Condition: Normal
Prof Weird wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:20 am "Yes. At the Medical Wing Entrance."
As he received the reply from Mozou, Shaper caught sight of the time. Hmm, 2:45. Running late. His fingers quickly tapped the keys to configure his gauntlet to summon the new transport. He brought up a quick map of the state, and calculated routes, overlaying with FAA flight patterns to make sure he wouldn't run into any other planes.

Be there in about 5 minutes. Will be bringing transport from above. As he sent Mozou the message, Shaper climbed into the pilot's chair of the new plane. He had done a few short test flights, but this would be the first time for official team business. Plotting the course into the autopilot, Shaper quickly set up a local broadcast that would show the plane on nearby radar with an ID he routed to Strikeforce in case there were any issues. Seeing everything in order, he relaxed back in the seat, thinking over the meeting and mentally preparing himself for the upcoming meeting wth the new director for CREST.
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Wraith
Hall's voice went slightly up in pitch, but he remained professional. "Understood. You are cleared for arrival and precautions will be waiting. I'll inform Fontaine."
Stephyn grimaced even as a sense of relief flowed through him. He knew that they would alert Fontaine. That was protocol for code Omega. Still, any contact with Fontaine was a delicate balance of contempt and duty. Taking a deep breath, the man known as Wraith looked towards the afternoon sun. It's warmth played across his face...saying a silent prayer, Stephyn opened an Underdark portal and began his journey to face his own personal demon given form.

After several transfers between realms, Stephyn Parthenos found himself across the street from the safehouse. Steeling his nerves, Wraith strides purposefully towards the Consilium.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Liz/Waverunner
Liz smiles and nods along with the conversation, if possible, even growing brighter from deep inside and shining with an inner radiance. Soft murmurs of 'wow, awesome, do you need a part time teacher?' nodding along; and then...

I mention this, because, from what Mr. Barajas has told us, Barbara seems like someone who might prefer to lose her abilities,

"That's something that I, we, need to talk to her about." a little nod, "But it's important that she be given the opportunity to be as much as she allows herself to be. What is she going to do with her potential?"
"That's something she is going to have to work out," Jackson said. "As her friend, you, and, hopefully, us, as her teachers, should help her and advise her. But ultimately, the decisions have to be hers. I just hope we can get her to change course away from some of the mistakes she's already made."
She carefully folds her arms under her chest, trying to look more serious, calmer waters, though that is far from a natural state. "I'd like to see Radio Ranch, see people." a little laugh, "Make sure that its a good match." a tilts of her head, "She's a great gal and I want to make sure that she's well taken care of."

A quirk of her head in the opposite side. "When would we need to leave? I really should finish up this shoot and keep up my own commitments."
"We wouldn't dream of taking you away from this," Daphne says. "About half our student body wouldn't forgive us if we did."

"And we also need to let you get back to it," Javier says. "Mr. Remington is still paying Pablo while everyone's on break."

"When would be best for you?" Jackson asks. "You said 'we leave', so I assume you'd like to go flying with me. Flying down here to pick you up is not a bother, so you let me know when."

"Just one thing," Javier added, "there's still that document, the NDA, basically, it's to protect the students at the Ranch, the ones there now, and the hopefully Barbara, in a few weeks."
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ice Princess
The ice block on the metal door has results. It starts melting away from the locker door immediately. However, the hot metal of the locker door is cooled down, and the metal door, which had been jammed by expanding against the sides of the locker, contracts, and pops open. A small bit of the actual lock mechanism shoots out from the locker, careening against a locker on the other side of hallway.

Flames burst out, as the flow of oxygen can now reach the burning mass of Farrah's backpack more easily. On the inside of the damaged, open, locker door, Melody can see the smoldering ash that used to be Farrah's cut-out-of-magazine photo collage.

"Oh no!! Those secret pictures of Josh she took at the last beach retreat!" Melody thinks, before Redoubling her efforts. "Fire needs oxygen, right? So I'll just put a clamp on that!" she fires up another Ice dome- this one covering the Burning locker.
Rivulets of water slide down from the dome at first, as the heat of the fire melts the ice. However, by maintaing the dome for a few minutes, refreezing the meltwater, soon the melting stops, and the ice begins to build.

Meanwhile, one of the custodians has gathered his wits and is aiming bursts of CO2 from the fire extingisher at the ceiling. He doesn't get the fire completely out, but he keeps it from spreading.

Despite the blaring alarm, Melody can still here the sound of the siren of a fire truck pulling up outside.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:22 pm Ice Princess
The ice block on the metal door has results. It starts melting away from the locker door immediately. However, the hot metal of the locker door is cooled down, and the metal door, which had been jammed by expanding against the sides of the locker, contracts, and pops open. A small bit of the actual lock mechanism shoots out from the locker, careening against a locker on the other side of hallway.

Flames burst out, as the flow of oxygen can now reach the burning mass of Farrah's backpack more easily. On the inside of the damaged, open, locker door, Melody can see the smoldering ash that used to be Farrah's cut-out-of-magazine photo collage.

"Oh no!! Those secret pictures of Josh she took at the last beach retreat!" Melody thinks, before Redoubling her efforts. "Fire needs oxygen, right? So I'll just put a clamp on that!" she fires up another Ice dome- this one covering the Burning locker.
Rivulets of water slide down from the dome at first, as the heat of the fire melts the ice. However, by maintaing the dome for a few minutes, refreezing the meltwater, soon the melting stops, and the ice begins to build.

Meanwhile, one of the custodians has gathered his wits and is aiming bursts of CO2 from the fire extingisher at the ceiling. He doesn't get the fire completely out, but he keeps it from spreading.

Despite the blaring alarm, Melody can still here the sound of the siren of a fire truck pulling up outside.
"Ooh! Firemen! I hope they're cute!' Melody thinks immediately. She decides to stick around until they get there, if only to figure out the cause of the blaze, or catch some Firemen. Whichever.

She also fires some more ice at the ceiling, trying to flatten those flames.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Wraith
Shadowbourne wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:19 pm Stephyn grimaced even as a sense of relief flowed through him. He knew that they would alert Fontaine. That was protocol for code Omega. Still, any contact with Fontaine was a delicate balance of contempt and duty. Taking a deep breath, the man known as Wraith looked towards the afternoon sun. It's warmth played across his face...saying a silent prayer, Stephyn opened an Underdark portal and began his journey to face his own personal demon given form.

After several transfers between realms, Stephyn Parthenos found himself across the street from the safehouse. Steeling his nerves, Wraith strides purposefully towards the Consilium.
As he reaches the door, it is violently yanked open from the inside. Fontaine stands in the doorway. "What the hell have you stumbled into this time, boy?"

While his words are harsh, Wraith can see a true sense of intrigue in the old man's eyes, wondering what the Omega level object might be.
Jim C.

Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Maxine/Mozou
Condition : normal

After Mozou thanked warden Lockheed for his help, she headed back out the parking lot.

She got a message back from Shaper : Be there in about 5 minutes. Will be bringing transport from above.

She looked at the message again, to make sure she'd read it correctly.

"Transport from above ? Oh, right - he's a matter controller and an inventor !

Well, that will get Mangrove's pod to his lab quite a bit faster. Now, I have to return this pickup truck ! And work on the rest of my list."
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Maxine/Mozou & Shaper
DeusPravus wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:06 am As he sent Mozou the message, Shaper climbed into the pilot's chair of the new plane. He had done a few short test flights, but this would be the first time for official team business. Plotting the course into the autopilot, Shaper quickly set up a local broadcast that would show the plane on nearby radar with an ID he routed to Strikeforce in case there were any issues. Seeing everything in order, he relaxed back in the seat, thinking over the meeting and mentally preparing himself for the upcoming meeting with the new director for CREST.
Prof Weird wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:02 am After Mozou thanked warden Lockheed for his help, she headed back out the parking lot.

She got a message back from Shaper : Be there in about 5 minutes. Will be bringing transport from above.

She looked at the message again, to make sure she'd read it correctly.

"Transport from above ? Oh, right - he's a matter controller and an inventor !

Well, that will get Mangrove's pod to his lab quite a bit faster. Now, I have to return this pickup truck ! And work on the rest of my list."
Over the short five minutes, Mozou notified the warden of her teammates arrival, who in turn relayed the information to his officers so they wouldn't waste their time shooting at the expected hero. So, when the Guardsmen Transport arrived, he was able to bring it in for a lateral landing in the mostly empty parking area. Its a tight fit, bit Shaper manages.
Jim C.

Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Liz/Waverunner

Liz laughs, an awkward little sound, "Would it be okay if I ran the NDA by someone? I want to make sure that I don't accidently create conflicts with previous obligations." she tilts her head, "I'm sure that you understand- between my work for the Coast Guard and the Gulf State Guardsman,.." she sighs. "I know that I'll have no clue what I'm signing if I just sign it. Even if I did try to read it, I couldn't read it right now.. gotta get back to work and all."

She blinks, her mind following the fishes again, "However... I am willing to sign autographs for some of your kids? Would they get a kick out of that?"

Swing! "And.. as far as 'we leave'.. I kinda assumed that you were going to put a hood over my head, drive around for a while, get me completely lost before taking me to the School. That's how this kind of thing is done, right?" sounding like she might actually have experience in just that sort of thing. Strange woman.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ice Princess
"Fire needs oxygen, right? So I'll just put a clamp on that!" she fires up another Ice dome- this one covering the Burning locker.

"Ooh! Firemen! I hope they're cute!' Melody thinks immediately. She decides to stick around until they get there, if only to figure out the cause of the blaze, or catch some Firemen. Whichever.

She also fires some more ice at the ceiling, trying to flatten those flames.
By the time the firemen get inside, and to this hallway, Ice Princess has gotten the flames almost completely out.

A couple of hunky firemen start getting into the ceiling and Farrah's locker, checking things, and making sure the fire is out. But not before giving the blue-haired teen some puzzling looks.

Another firefighter, an 'ancient' looking man of at least 40, comes up to the principal, "Joel, we have to stop meeting like..." He does a double take at Ice Princess.

"Andy, I have no idea," Joel the principal says. "But she's why you and your boys have less to do here."

"Miss?" Andy the lead firefighter tilts his helmet to Ice Princess.
Last edited by Ken on Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Liz/Waverunner
Liz laughs, an awkward little sound, "Would it be okay if I ran the NDA by someone? I want to make sure that I don't accidently create conflicts with previous obligations." she tilts her head, "I'm sure that you understand- between my work for the Coast Guard and the Gulf State Guardsman,.." she sighs. "I know that I'll have no clue what I'm signing if I just sign it. Even if I did try to read it, I couldn't read it right now.. gotta get back to work and all."
"That's all very understandable," Javier says. "Do what you need to do."
She blinks, her mind following the fishes again, "However... I am willing to sign autographs for some of your kids? Would they get a kick out of that?"
Jackson and Daphne look at each other for a moment, and then Daphne responds, "That would be good."
Swing! "And.. as far as 'we leave'.. I kinda assumed that you were going to put a hood over my head, drive around for a while, get me completely lost before taking me to the School. That's how this kind of thing is done, right?" sounding like she might actually have experience in just that sort of thing. Strange woman.
Jackson fielded this one, "I'm sure there are people who do things that way. We aren't among them. The ranch may not be easy to find, but isn't hidden. It's the students, more than the school, we want to protect. Besides, unless you've experienced personal flight a lot, there's a good chance that my flying you in won't tell you that much about the location."

While her husband is talking, Daphne reaches into her purse. After he finishes, she hands Liz a business card. "After you've had your people go over that," she gestures to the NDA, "and you still want to come for a visit, and you've signed it, please, give me a call so we can set something up."

"And with that, Miss Harrison, we should say our good-byes and let you get back to work," Javier Barajas says. "Thank you for your time and consideration."

"Yes, thank you," Daphne extends a hand to Liz.

"Hope to talk to you again soon," Jackson adds, prepared to offer a hand to Liz after his wife.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

ICE PRINCESS

"Splooosh..." she thinks as she gazes at the broad-shouldered firemen, though she snaps back to reality when she spots the one as old as her DAD.

"Oh. Uh, hi. I put out the fire thingie. Well, most of it. I'm a superhero!" she smiles awkwardly. "Do you, uh... know what started it?"
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Maxine/Mozou
Condition : normal, stressed

Mozou watched as Shaper landed the Guardsmen Transport.

"I've heard of people rich enough to buy their own aircraft, but not many could build their own."
she mused to herself.

"So, is this something you had in a warehouse somewhere, or did you just build it in the last few days ?" she asked.