(IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU) Adventure #3

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ken

Re: (IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU) Adventure #3

Post by Ken »

Mozou
Prof Weird wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 5:58 am Mozou thanked Director Parsons for the number.

"Well, let's hope THIS goes better than everything else has today !" she groused to herself as she dialed the number to contact Ms Foxx in Philly.
The phone rang several times, before being picked up. "Mason residence." *click* "This is Evette" "And this is Sandy." said a second voice.

Clearly the click heard after "residence" was a second extension picking up.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ice Princess
Jabroniville wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 5:44 am "About the fire?" the cat whispered back. "Don't look so surprised. When no one's home, I like to listen to troop movements on your foster father's device."

Clearly, he meant listening to police and fire dispatches on her dad's scanner radio. Where Periwinkle's from, the militia did the policing and fire watch duties. And now she knew who'd been leaving it on at weird times.

"And they mentioned someone turning up who sounded like your other you," he sounded annoyed, though still whispering.

"Well, yeah. I'm a defender of the world and stuff, right? Well, my school IS part of the world!" she smirks, thinking she's "owned" him. "I saved the day, and possibly the whole dumb school! And nobody suspects anything! Even though I look totes the same in hero and regular form, except for the hip boots that my dad would TOTALLY hate, and the blue sparkle-hair."
"Those boots wouldn't phase your father," replied the grumpy kitty quietly. Of course, he was referring to someone other than her dad.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 5:44 amShe stops, "Hey! Use your cat-hearing to hear what they're gonna talk to Farrah about, 'K?"
"You could say 'please'," grumbled the cat, who jumped to the ground, plodded over towards Farrah.

Farrah looked puzzled and scared, and the secretary was very stern faced as she started marching Farrah towards the school building.

The secretary noticed Periwinkle, and said loudly, "Miss Hawkins, come here."

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Liz/Waverunner
Very weird, as the lawyer she spoke with earlier today was barely 30, if that.

The next things Liz heard through the phone were faint and less distinct.
"Hey. What are you doing with your uncle's phone? Are you loco?"
"I was just having fun."
"That's your mother's brother's work phone. Give me that."
And a teenager yelped.

Then spoken into the phone, "Mr. Barajas will be right here."

More indistinct conversation.
"I don't know how Juan got this, but he was pretending he was your son to whomever it is."
"I'd have to have been a pretty randy 12 year old to have a kid Juan's age." This was Javier Barajas.
Then a woman, "You can't even get a girlfriend now, hermano, as a successful lawyer. What makes you think you could have gotten lucky back in middle school?"
"Thanks, sis."

"This is Javier Barajas, and the only Mr. Barajas here," Javier sounded jovial.
Spectrum wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 9:14 pm This could be a lot of fun. Liz dropped her tone down, low and husky, "How's my favorite DILF? Mmm, ever since I met you earlier I can't stop thinking about you." she laughs, trying to let out the tension, "Hi Javier, this is Liz. Thanks for taking my call so quickly."
(Dilf?)0o. pondered the lawyer. "Happy to oblige. Sorry about delay."
Spectrum wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 9:14 pmThen again, the older man was yummy. There might be something there. Handsome, funny, passionate and driven. Yeah, there might be something there.

"So.. I didn't have any plans for tonight. My plans kinda fell through..." Yeah, it wasn't normal to make that first step but then again, Liz wasn't exactly a normal woman either. After all, 'if nautical nonsense be something you wish'...
Javier sounded slightly confused. "You said 'this is Liz'. Liz Harrison?"

"Tío Javier!" the teenaged boy who had first answered was speaking loudly but not into the phone. "Is that the model/heroine you said you met with today?"

"Si. Silencioso," Javier sounded as if he had turned his head away from the phone. Then back into the telephone, "My apologies. I'm staying with my sister and her family while I'm in down here, and my nephew is being... well, a teenager, I guess. I'm sorry about your plans, but I already have pla.... Excuse me."

A woman's voice whispering can be heard.

"Sorry about that. I have plans to eat dinner with my family, but my sister was just telling me that if you were suggesting that we should do something this evening, she'd kick my ass if I declined. Maybe going for drinks?"

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 10:23 pm Ice Princess
Jabroniville wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 5:44 am "About the fire?" the cat whispered back. "Don't look so surprised. When no one's home, I like to listen to troop movements on your foster father's device."

Clearly, he meant listening to police and fire dispatches on her dad's scanner radio. Where Periwinkle's from, the militia did the policing and fire watch duties. And now she knew who'd been leaving it on at weird times.

"And they mentioned someone turning up who sounded like your other you," he sounded annoyed, though still whispering.

"Well, yeah. I'm a defender of the world and stuff, right? Well, my school IS part of the world!" she smirks, thinking she's "owned" him. "I saved the day, and possibly the whole dumb school! And nobody suspects anything! Even though I look totes the same in hero and regular form, except for the hip boots that my dad would TOTALLY hate, and the blue sparkle-hair."
"Those boots wouldn't phase your father," replied the grumpy kitty quietly. Of course, he was referring to someone other than her dad.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 5:44 amShe stops, "Hey! Use your cat-hearing to hear what they're gonna talk to Farrah about, 'K?"
"You could say 'please'," grumbled the cat, who jumped to the ground, plodded over towards Farrah.

Farrah looked puzzled and scared, and the secretary was very stern faced as she started marching Farrah towards the school building.

Melody was a bit taken aback. I mean, OBVIOUSLY she was the product of her mother, the Lady of the Eternal Winter, and some guy. That was her backstory, delivered by this same talking cat not too long ago. But until now, all she'd heard of was her mother. It never even occurred to her to ask about a father. Weird.

But of course there's another distraction, as the adult calls her over. so much for pondering.

"Uhhhh... what's up?"
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Mozou
HP : 1
Condition : stressed, but normal otherwise
Ken wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 10:13 pm Mozou
Prof Weird wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 5:58 am Mozou thanked Director Parsons for the number.

"Well, let's hope THIS goes better than everything else has today !" she groused to herself as she dialed the number to contact Ms Foxx in Philly.
The phone rang several times, before being picked up. "Mason residence." *click* "This is Evette" "And this is Sandy." said a second voice.

"Hello Ms Foxx." Mozou began, "I've been trying to contact a former teammate of yours - Dr Alex Green - but she seems to be, well, 'unavailable' at the moment. She's sort of my great aunt, and is the contact her nephew - my dad - listed at the prison.

Someone tried to kill him. He's fine. For now. But I was hoping she might know a really great lawyer to get dad transferred to a regular federal prison that isn't so hazardous to his health. But the director of Strikeforce - the Miami Branch - said you may know someone as well."
Ken

Post by Ken »

Mozou
Prof Weird wrote:Mozou thanked Director Parsons for the number.

"Hello Ms Foxx." Mozou began, "I've been trying to contact a former teammate of yours - Dr Alex Green - but she seems to be, well, 'unavailable' at the moment. She's sort of my great aunt, and is the contact her nephew - my dad - listed at the prison.

"Dennis, you mean," Sandy Foxx said. "Which means this is Max?"

Prof Weird wrote:Someone tried to kill him. He's fine. For now. But I was hoping she might know a really great lawyer to get dad transferred to a regular federal prison that isn't so hazardous to his health. But the director of Strikeforce - the Miami Branch - said you may know someone as well."
"I'm glad he's fine, and I can understand your concern," Ms. Foxx said. "Depending on his injuries, I might come down -- Dennis is still in Florida isn't he?" She sighed.

"She's asking about lawyers, Sandy," the person who identified herself as 'Evette' tried to keep Sandy on task.

"Lawyers, yeah," Sandy said, "The truth is, both Alex and I have had a lot of lawyers over the decades. Some of the best we've had are retired or... gone. Often times, we had crappy lawyers, and had to break out. And sometimes an overzealous 'hero'-type would overstep and the case would get dropped."

Mozou can't see the finger-quotes Sandy made in the air as she said "hero", but it's clear in her tone.

"The best lawyer we've had lately, is the one the Masons set us up with," Sandy continued. "He's the reason why I'm walking around a free woman, and why Alex was to before..." Sadness could be heard in her voice as it trailed.

"And he's why Bernie and I aren't in prison, either," Evette added. "His name is David Knight, and he's with Jones and Knight out of Boston."

"Yeah, that Jones & Knight. It still blows my mind that his law firm would help the likes of us."

"Bernie's ties to the Community go wa-a-ay back. You know that. And for all of his pompousness, Spec--"

"Yeah, I know. But, he's still the Man." There's something in Sandy's tone that indicates that, despite her praise for Knight, she feels awkward about the situation.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Ice Princess
Jabroniville wrote:"About the fire?" the cat whispered back. "Don't look so surprised. When no one's home, I like to listen to troop movements on your foster father's device."

She stops, "Hey! Use your cat-hearing to hear what they're gonna talk to Farrah about, 'K?"

Melody was a bit taken aback. I mean, OBVIOUSLY she was the product of her mother, the Lady of the Eternal Winter, and some guy. That was her backstory, delivered by this same talking cat not too long ago. But until now, all she'd heard of was her mother. It never even occurred to her to ask about a father. Weird.

But of course there's another distraction, as the adult calls her over. so much for pondering.

"Uhhhh... what's up?"
She steps away from Farrah, and meets Melody part way. "Your friend is in a good deal of trouble right now. You have every right to be concerned. And I don't know why your pet is here, but you letting him get loose isn't going to help anyone." She gestured to Periwinkle. "He shouldn't even be here."

She lowered her voice, further, "The fact is, school's going to be let out soon. The superintendent has been called. We're just lining up the busses coming early, but between the police, insurance and fire people crawling around; students don't need to be underfoot. So, why don't you collect your cat, and take him home. Clearly, you must live close."

Realising he's been busted, Periwnikle moves back towards Melody.

Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Mozou
HP : 1
Condition : normal

Mozou found it a bit disconcerting to be known by people she didn't know, but figured it was a side effect of being a secret project. Those who knew of the project (and those running it) know of her, and everyone else didn't.

"Yeah. This is Max. And yes, he's still in Florida." she replied.
"The best lawyer we've had lately, is the one the Masons set us up with," Sandy continued. "He's the reason why I'm walking around a free woman, and why Alex was too before..." Sadness could be heard in her voice as it trailed.

"And he's why Bernie and I aren't in prison, either," Evette added. "His name is David Knight, and he's with Jones and Knight out of Boston."

"Yeah, that Jones & Knight. It still blows my mind that his law firm would help the likes of us."

"Bernie's ties to the Community go wa-a-ay back. You know that. And for all of his pompousness, Spec--"

"Yeah, I know. But, he's still the Man." There's something in Sandy's tone that indicates that, despite her praise for Knight, she feels awkward about the situation.

"That anyone willing to help is available is the best news I've had for awhile !"
Mozou stated, before getting control of herself, "How much does he charge ? I've been trying to get dad out for years, and either the lawyers won't help, or they want ridiculous sums of cash to even think about taking the job ! But considering the wealth of the people who put him there, that really isn't too surprising.

I'm probably going to have to set up an appointment with Mr Knight, since I doubt I can go over all the particulars over the phone.

Do you know a more direct number, or can I just check the 'net or a phone book ?"
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 11:47 pm Ice Princess
Jabroniville wrote:"About the fire?" the cat whispered back. "Don't look so surprised. When no one's home, I like to listen to troop movements on your foster father's device."

She stops, "Hey! Use your cat-hearing to hear what they're gonna talk to Farrah about, 'K?"

"Uhhhh... what's up?"
She steps away from Farrah, and meets Melody part way. "Your friend is in a good deal of trouble right now. You have every right to be concerned. And I don't know why your pet is here, but you letting him get loose isn't going to help anyone." She gestured to Periwinkle. "He shouldn't even be here."

She lowered her voice, further, "The fact is, school's going to be let out soon. The superintendent has been called. We're just lining up the busses coming early, but between the police, insurance and fire people crawling around; students don't need to be underfoot. So, why don't you collect your cat, and take him home. Clearly, you must live close."

Realising he's been busted, Periwnikle moves back towards Melody.
"Wh-what? Why is Farrah in trouble? What's going on? Does this have to do with the fire? I mean, the fire ALARM? And uh, yeah, I live close! Periwinkle just does cat stuff and wanders around! I'll take him home! But... why is Farrah in trouble?"

(OOC: Ooops- was trying to think of something to say and then forgot about it entirely. My bad)
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Liz

A warm laugh, "Yes, Elizabeth Harrison. Sorry, I forgot how many people you must meet in a day."

Her ears perk as she tries to hear through the phone.

"I'm starting to like your sister, very take charge. Drinks would be great. Or.. something." Errrr, moonlight swimming? Playing tag with fish? Listening to the songs of the whales?

"But if you already have plans, that's okay too." she blushes, after all Javier probably has far more important things to do, "Being with family is good?"
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.