(IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU) Adventure #3

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jcjec

Re: (IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU) Adventure #3

Post by jcjec »

Shaper
Prof Weird wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:00 am Well I have a meeting coming up in a little more than an hour. If you can wait until after that, I'll be able to get you to San Fran from Florida in a bit under 2 hours with the new jet. Would put you there late afternoon there by my calculations, if that would work for you.

She thought for a moment. "Yes. That would work quite well. That should give me time to deal with a few things, make a few calls and such."

"Wait - under two hours from here to San Fran ? That's three time zones back ! I'd arrive there an hour before I left here !"

If there's anything else I can help you with, let me know. Been making more connections trying to deal with the CREST stuff, so maybe one of them might be able to give you a hand, or at least point you in the right direction.

"I might take you up on that offer, depending on how things go in San Fran. See you in about an hour then !"

"That should give me time to deal with a few things. 1) Return truck. 2) Call University security, and tell them I need to take some family leave. 3) Contact Director Parsons to let her know what's going on, hopefully make contacting the San Fran branch a bit easier."
After parting company with Mozou, with Mangrove's pod / cocoon in the hold of the transport, Shaper was able to make the quick hop back to Tampa quickly. It takes a bit of finagling to transfer the pod from the plane to his home, but he is able to get it settled in his work area and send the transport back into the ether before the appointed time without a problem.

At five PM, precisely on time, there is a knock at Matthews' door. As he looks through the peephole, he can clearly see a clean-cut gentleman in his early forties. He wears a neat, pinstriped navy blue two-piece suit with a red tie with thin pink and purple stripes running through it. His dark hair is short with a pronounced widow's peak. He is speaking softly to his identical twin standing next to him. The twin is in a black suit with a dark brown tie, but otherwise they are mirror images of each other. Unfortunately, you find yourself in the common situation of not being sure which one is Dr. David Duran, Chief of Operations of CREST, and which one is Dr. Daniel Duran, Head of Xeno-Biological Studies.
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Mozou
HP : 1
Condition : normal
Harriett says, "Yes, I can get you the contact information for my counterpart in the Bay Area office. His name's Paul Clarence. You may remember him as the Crusader called 'Lumpy'. I'm sorry, why did you need to reach him again?"
"The warden was going to contact him anyway." Mozou started, "Someone tried to kill my 'dad', Dr Green. So the folk at the prison tried to reach his aunt, Dr Alexandra Green. Who, it turns out, used to be Speedstress, now FastTrack. They couldn't reach her using the contact numbers they had, so the warden was going to call Mr Clarence, to see if he knew where she was.

I'd like to ask her a few questions, like who her lawyer was, since it is rare that known supervillains get to run around free.

For some odd reason, they really threw the book at my dad for creating an artificial being - namely, me. He was initially charged with twenty years per gene. But I have over twenty four thousand genes ! He got half a million years for a non-violent crime ! His first lawyers pointed out that punishment was a bit extreme, unusual, and cruel, so they reduced the sentence to just a few thousand years. But he should be in a federal prison, which aren't so dangerous. I was hoping his aunt might be of some help in this situation."
Ken

Post by Ken »

Mozou
Prof Weird wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:20 am
Harriett says, "Yes, I can get you the contact information for my counterpart in the Bay Area office. His name's Paul Clarence. You may remember him as the Crusader called 'Lumpy'. I'm sorry, why did you need to reach him again?"

"The warden was going to contact him anyway." Mozou started, "Someone tried to kill my 'dad', Dr Green. So the folk at the prison tried to reach his aunt, Dr Alexandra Green. Who, it turns out, used to be Speedstress, now FastTrack. They couldn't reach her using the contact numbers they had, so the warden was going to call Mr Clarence, to see if he knew where she was."
"Er- um- " Harriet was clearly trying to find the words for something.
"I'd like to ask her a few questions, like who her lawyer was, since it is rare that known supervillains get to run around free.

"For some odd reason, they really threw the book at my dad for creating an artificial being - namely, me. He was initially charged with twenty years per gene. But I have over twenty four thousand genes ! He got half a million years for a non-violent crime ! His first lawyers pointed out that punishment was a bit extreme, unusual, and cruel, so they reduced the sentence to just a few thousand years. But he should be in a federal prison, which aren't so dangerous. I was hoping his aunt might be of some help in this situation."
"Fast Track, and most of the rest of the Pacific Coast Paranormals, have been missing for some weeks now," Director Parsons says. "It's not been in the press, as the details aren't really known. But something happened. Paul... Director Clarence has been to where the PCP headquarters was. It's gone. Not destroyed, but the headquarters, and everyone, and everything, the report says, is just... missing. So are the Birds of the Bay. I guess the 'mystery of where have they gone' has started getting some local media play, but..." there was a long pause, "They... She's gone."

"I can get you in touch with one of her old Free Radical teammates, Sandy Foxx, or Foxfire. She's paroled and living in..." papers can be heard rustling, "Philadelphia. They may have had the same lawyer. Or, rather than a criminal attorney, maybe you should find a lawyer who is with parahuman rights. He created you, and you're a parahuman, right? There's been a decade or more of legal wrangling over parahumans and creating parahumans since he went to prison. Powergate. The government's own experimentation in the field is a lot more public now."
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

ICE PRINCESS
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:48 am "uh... I dunno. Maybe wait until they come to you about it?" Melody answers Farrah. "I'll, uh, ask a teacher out here if they've heard anything." Her suspicion piqued, Melody looks around to see if anyone is looking at them the wrong way.

Melody got a pretty good look around, but she didn't think she spotted anyone. Wait, there was Eddie Barasso. But while he was clearly looking at them the wrong way, it was the same wrong way as he frequently looked at them: like he wanted to be the meat in a Melody-Farrah sandwich. She noticed him licking his lips laciviously. But mostly the throng of students were locked into their little clique-y groups each discussing something. Except for the (currently-not) Under-the-Stairs people who had congregated under a tree and just seemed to be silently watching everybody. Which, except for the locale change was pretty normal for them.

She also noticed one of the secretaries from the front office making a beeline for Farrah.

"uh-oh", thinks Melody, "what's going on now? Is Farrah in trouble? I don't think SHE'D blow up her locker- it's not like she craves attentio--- oh crap, she always craves attention. Well not like THIS." She tries to stand between Farrah and the oncoming adult-person.
"Excuse me, Miss Hawkins," the secretary says, "Is there a problem? I need to talk to Miss Detzweiller." She tries to step to Melody's left. An inhuman screech comes from ground level.

Glancing down, Melody can see a large white cat, its tail caught under the secretary's foot. The secretary is already lifting her foot off the cat's tail, "What is this cat doing here?"

Periwinkle turns and hisses at the secretary.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:58 pm ICE PRINCESS
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:48 am "uh... I dunno. Maybe wait until they come to you about it?" Melody answers Farrah. "I'll, uh, ask a teacher out here if they've heard anything." Her suspicion piqued, Melody looks around to see if anyone is looking at them the wrong way.

Melody got a pretty good look around, but she didn't think she spotted anyone. Wait, there was Eddie Barasso. But while he was clearly looking at them the wrong way, it was the same wrong way as he frequently looked at them: like he wanted to be the meat in a Melody-Farrah sandwich. She noticed him licking his lips laciviously. But mostly the throng of students were locked into their little clique-y groups each discussing something. Except for the (currently-not) Under-the-Stairs people who had congregated under a tree and just seemed to be silently watching everybody. Which, except for the locale change was pretty normal for them.

She also noticed one of the secretaries from the front office making a beeline for Farrah.

"uh-oh", thinks Melody, "what's going on now? Is Farrah in trouble? I don't think SHE'D blow up her locker- it's not like she craves attentio--- oh crap, she always craves attention. Well not like THIS." She tries to stand between Farrah and the oncoming adult-person.
"Excuse me, Miss Hawkins," the secretary says, "Is there a problem? I need to talk to Miss Detzweiller." She tries to step to Melody's left. An inhuman screech comes from ground level.

Glancing down, Melody can see a large white cat, its tail caught under the secretary's foot. The secretary is already lifting her foot off the cat's tail, "What is this cat doing here?"

"OMG- PERIWINKLE!!?!?" Melody shouts out, seeing her Animal Sidekick (of sorts) on school grounds for some reason. "What is Mister Kittington doing here today?" she teases her (male) cat friend.

"But... what do you need Farrah for? What's going on?"
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Mozou
Condition : annoyed, but fine otherwise
"Fast Track, and most of the rest of the Pacific Coast Paranormals, have been missing for some weeks now," Director Parsons says. "It's not been in the press, as the details aren't really known. But something happened. Paul... Director Clarence has been to where the PCP headquarters was. It's gone. Not destroyed, but the headquarters, and everyone, and everything, the report says, is just... missing. So are the Birds of the Bay. I guess the 'mystery of where have they gone' has started getting some local media play, but..." there was a long pause, "They... She's gone."
"Well - that would explain why they couldn't reach her." Mozou noted to herself, "One more thing to worry about ! Not sure how 'dad' is going to react to finding out his aunt is just ... gone ! But we'll just have to deal with that later ! One crisis at a time and all that !"
"I can get you in touch with one of her old Free Radical teammates, Sandy Foxx, or Foxfire. She's paroled and living in..." papers can be heard rustling, "Philadelphia. They may have had the same lawyer. Or, rather than a criminal attorney, maybe you should find a lawyer who is with parahuman rights. He created you, and you're a parahuman, right? There's been a decade or more of legal wrangling over parahumans and creating parahumans since he went to prison. Powergate. The government's own experimentation in the field is a lot more public now."
"Good thing I didn't buy a plane ticket to San Francisco then ! With my luck, it'd take hours to get a new one to Philly !" she noted to herself.

"The main problem isn't MY status as an artificial,"
she replied, "although that might make it difficult for me to start legal action (since dad isn't genetically related to me, and only actual 'people' have the right to file suit), it's more like the people that gave him huge sums of money to create a super weapon to defeat a parahuman uprising that never actually happened. Rather than look silly and admit they fell for all the Y2K hoopla, they used the most draconian laws they could invoke at the time to put him away. By jailing him as an insane biologist instead of a con artist, they'd never have to admit they threw away a LOT of money.

Dad isn't a parahuman, and HE'S the one I want out of jail !"

Hopefully, Miss Foxx might know someone. Or knows someone who knows someone that can help.

So - where can I reach her ? "
Ken

Post by Ken »

Mozou
Prof Weird wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:14 am

"Well - that would explain why they couldn't reach her." Mozou noted to herself, "One more thing to worry about ! Not sure how 'dad' is going to react to finding out his aunt is just ... gone ! But we'll just have to deal with that later ! One crisis at a time and all that !"

"Good thing I didn't buy a plane ticket to San Francisco then ! With my luck, it'd take hours to get a new one to Philly !" she noted to herself.

"The main problem isn't MY status as an artificial," she replied, "although that might make it difficult for me to start legal action (since dad isn't genetically related to me, and only actual 'people' have the right to file suit), it's more like the people that gave him huge sums of money to create a super weapon to defeat a parahuman uprising that never actually happened. Rather than look silly and admit they fell for all the Y2K hoopla, they used the most draconian laws they could invoke at the time to put him away. By jailing him as an insane biologist instead of a con artist, they'd never have to admit they threw away a LOT of money.

"Dad isn't a parahuman, and HE'S the one I want out of jail!

"Hopefully, Miss Foxx might know someone. Or knows someone who knows someone that can help.

So - where can I reach her ? "
Director Parsons gives Mozou a Philadelphia telephone number.

Ken

Post by Ken »

ICE PRINCESS
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:45 am She also noticed one of the secretaries from the front office making a beeline for Farrah.

"OMG- PERIWINKLE!!?!?" Melody shouts out, seeing her Animal Sidekick (of sorts) on school grounds for some reason. "What is Mister Kittington doing here today?" she teases her (male) cat friend.

"I wouldn't worry about that, right now. This is Miss Detzweiller's problem. You'd better do something about your... pet being here," the secretary replies. She then steps around Melody, and heads for Farrah.

Periwinkle hisses again. Melody suspects that he was actually saying "bitch" while he hissed.

"Hey guys!" Melody heard Eddie cry out. "Mel is playing with her pussy!"

"That will be enough of that Mr. Barasso," the secretary shoots him a stern look.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:27 am ICE PRINCESS
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:45 am She also noticed one of the secretaries from the front office making a beeline for Farrah.

"I wouldn't worry about that, right now. This is Miss Detzweiller's problem. You'd better do something about your... pet being here," the secretary replies. She then steps around Melody, and heads for Farrah.

Periwinkle hisses again. Melody suspects that he was actually saying "bitch" while he hissed.

"That will be enough of that Mr. Barasso," the secretary shoots him a stern look.
"PERIWINKLED!!!" She shouts again. "How'zumzz wittle kitttyyyyy?" she teases, while picking him up. "But seriously" she whispers, "What are you doing here? Something weirds going on with Farrah and School Drama and I want to listen in!"
Ken

Post by Ken »

ICE PRINCESS
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:40 am "But... what do you need Farrah for? What's going on?"

Or maybe it was a trick of her hearing, projecting her own annoyance. He didn't use that kind of language.

"PERIWINKLED!!!" She shouts again. "How'zumzz wittle kitttyyyyy?" she teases, while picking him up. "But seriously" she whispers, "What are you doing here? Something weird's going on with Farrah and School Drama and I want to listen in!"
"About the fire?" the cat whispered back. "Don't look so surprised. When no one's home, I like to listen to troop movements on your foster father's device."

Clearly, he meant listening to police and fire dispatches on her dad's scanner radio. Where Periwinkle's from, the militia did the policing and fire watch duties. And now she knew who'd been leaving it on at weird times.

"And they mentioned someone turning up who sounded like your other you," he sounded annoyed, though still whispering.

Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Mozou
Condition : tweaked, but normal otherwise.

Mozou thanked Director Parsons for the number.

"Well, let's hope THIS goes better than everything else has today !" she groused to herself as she dialed the number to contact Ms Foxx in Philly.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:20 pm "About the fire?" the cat whispered back. "Don't look so surprised. When no one's home, I like to listen to troop movements on your foster father's device."

Clearly, he meant listening to police and fire dispatches on her dad's scanner radio. Where Periwinkle's from, the militia did the policing and fire watch duties. And now she knew who'd been leaving it on at weird times.

"And they mentioned someone turning up who sounded like your other you," he sounded annoyed, though still whispering.
"Well, yeah. I'm a defender of the world and stuff, right? Well, my school IS part of the world!" she smirks, thinking she's "owned" him. "I saved the day, and possibly the whole dumb school! And nobody suspects anything! Even though I look totes the same in hero and regular form, except for the hip boots that my dad would TOTALLY hate, and the blue sparkle-hair."

She stops, "Hey! Use your cat-hearing to hear what they're gonna talk to Farrah about, 'K?"
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Wraith

"Don't be so melodramatic, boy. It's just an instruction manual, not a mystical object into itself. A prize nonetheless, but just a book, for cry'n out loud. Where did you find it?"

With casual ease, Magister Fontaine picked up the Tome and leafed through it. At first, credulous was the expression that played across Stephyn's face...then a weary resignation. The realization that he had created the influence...not the Tome. He had created the evil effect simply by his dread. Foolish is what he felt. Foolish and embarrassed. At that moment, Stephyn wanted to retreat into his shadows...wanted to hide his shame. But that...that wouldn't help him one bit. If nothing else, running and hiding would only prove Fontaine right. Straightening his shoulders, Stephyn lokked back at Fontaine," I found it with a minor practitioner. It was an inheritance from his passed family...it came with a pair of daggers..." Stephyn's voice trailed off when he realized something...Wally still had the daggers.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Liz/Waverunner

This could be a lot of fun. Liz dropped her tone down, low and husky, "How's my favorite DILF? Mmm, ever since I met you earlier I can't stop thinking about you." she laughs, trying to let out the tension, "Hi Javier, this is Liz. Thanks for taking my call so quickly."

Then again, the older man was yummy. There might be something there. Handsome, funny, passionate and driven. Yeah, there might be something there.

"So.. I didn't have any plans for tonight. My plans kinda fell through..." Yeah, it wasn't normal to make that first step but then again, Liz wasn't exactly a normal woman either. After all, 'if nautical nonsense be something you wish'....
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Wraith
Shadowbourne wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 6:24 am With casual ease, Magister Fontaine picked up the Tome and leafed through it. At first, credulous was the expression that played across Stephyn's face...then a weary resignation. The realization that he had created the influence...not the Tome. He had created the evil effect simply by his dread. Foolish is what he felt. Foolish and embarrassed. At that moment, Stephyn wanted to retreat into his shadows...wanted to hide his shame. But that...that wouldn't help him one bit. If nothing else, running and hiding would only prove Fontaine right. Straightening his shoulders, Stephyn lokked back at Fontaine," I found it with a minor practitioner. It was an inheritance from his passed family...it came with a pair of daggers..." Stephyn's voice trailed off when he realized something...Wally still had the daggers.
[ooc - Sorry this took so long. I had fallen out of the habit of checking.]

Fontaine looks up from the book. "Daggers? You have one of their daggers? Where is it?" The old man seems anxious at the thought.

As Stephyn thinks back about leaving Wally's, he remembers that the daggers were in the box with the tome, but they weren't there when he retrieved the book. He also remembers that the box had large holes chewed into it by the raccoons, which was what drew it to Wally's attention in the first place.

"The books aren't anything, but the daggers are the ones that are enchanted," the old man continued.
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?