Heroes in the City of Tomorrow (ooc)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Chogokin

Re: Heroes in the City of Tomorrow (ooc)

Post by Chogokin »

Hey, could be worse, could be falling off a hovercraft... :shock:
Cu Roi

Post by Cu Roi »

Chogokin wrote:Hey, could be worse, could be falling off a hovercraft... :shock:
I was going to say that you have Flight so you don't need to worry, but I see now I was wrong. :V
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Chogokin wrote:Hey, could be worse, could be falling off a hovercraft... :shock:
I went ahead and rolled Initiative for you.
Initiative: 1D20+3 = [6]+3 = 9

To all: Just a couple organizational things to help me keep track in the thick of combat.

If you have not already please put your characters name, current HP, and current condition as a header for your posts...ESPECIALLY combat posts.

This way I wont have to go back over the old posts to figure out what your condition is and if you spent your HP.

When rolling on coyotecode please remember to use your character's name and what he is rolling for. If I ever have to look up a roll for whatever reason it makes it WAY easier to include that info.

Thanks! :)
Ken

Post by Ken »

Okay. And you missed SB in the initiative count.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Ken wrote:Okay. And you missed SB in the initiative count.
Fixed!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thanks. Is 'Brutale' pronounced closer to the French /broo-ta-la/ or Italian /broo-ta-lee/ ?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Ken wrote:Thanks. Is 'Brutale' pronounced closer to the French /broo-ta-la/ or Italian /broo-ta-lee/ ?
He is from a fictional Central American Country.

I believe the Spanish pronunciation is in 'merican

BREW TAIL LAY
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

First let me say, that I love the visuals Hero! It really helps visualization, makes it fun and interesting! :)

Also, I should remember, when playing a high accuracy low damage character, Feint should ALWAYS be my opening move ... lol ...
Chogokin

Post by Chogokin »

I know Grease Monkey is at the bottom of the initiative list, but planning ahead, is he within Swingline distance of either the hovercraft or the building?
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Paying attention to the game hope you all don't mind, :)
Hero4hire wrote: To all: Just a couple organizational things to help me keep track in the thick of combat.

If you have not already please put your characters name, current HP, and current condition as a header for your posts...ESPECIALLY combat posts.
Example
Quantum Lad
[Lyle]
HP: 1 (LP: 0) Condition: Heavy

The silence of space is deafening as Quantum Lad crashes into the monolithic mechanoid. It wasn't often he was in an environment it was safe to let loose like this at full density . . . . it was kind of fun, but this needed to end quickly, before these autonomic killer made it to the planet. digging deep into the damaged sections he and Intrepid had already damaged, Quantum Lad attempted to tear the "guts" out of its almost inertron hard casing.

Boom
http://orokos.com/roll/455357
All-out Attack / Power Attack (+/- 4 shift) DC 35 Damage
8 + 1d20 = 25 to hit
I use both Coyote and Orokos, preferring the latter of the two but both work well 8-)
Cu Roi

Post by Cu Roi »

Performing an attack, then Fast Grab on Brutale: 1D20+14 = [5]+14 = 19

Since that's comparatively low, I'll reroll that with my Hero Point.

Rerolling with Hero Point for Fast Grab: 1D20+14 = [14]+14 = 28

Better. Since he's Bruised, I believe that actually makes it 27, though I'm unsure if the bonuses from Extra Limbs apply to this attack. I think Brutale now needs to make a Toughness roll against Ninkyo's Strength of 4.

And now for the actual Grab check.
Grab check +4 from Strength and then +4 from Extra Limbs 4: 1D20+8 = [4]+8 = 12

Let's just hope that he doesn't roll higher than that. :/ Does Improved Hold also affect this roll??
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Chogokin wrote:I know Grease Monkey is at the bottom of the initiative list, but planning ahead, is he within Swingline distance of either the hovercraft or the building?
Since the hovercraft beat you in onitiative it is now out of range. But certainly buildings are nearby. Especially the STAR labs building.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Cu Roi wrote:Performing an attack, then Fast Grab on Brutale: 1D20+14 = [5]+14 = 19

Since that's comparatively low, I'll reroll that with my Hero Point.

Rerolling with Hero Point for Fast Grab: 1D20+14 = [14]+14 = 28

Better. Since he's Bruised, I believe that actually makes it 27, though I'm unsure if the bonuses from Extra Limbs apply to this attack. I think Brutale now needs to make a Toughness roll against Ninkyo's Strength of 4.

And now for the actual Grab check.
Grab check +4 from Strength and then +4 from Extra Limbs 4: 1D20+8 = [4]+8 = 12

Let's just hope that he doesn't roll higher than that. :/ Does Improved Hold also affect this roll??
Bruised only effects toughness checks...not ALL rolls like Savage Worlds.
Improved Hold doesnt effect the initial grapple checks...but does include all escape checks.

In the future you can just put the links to rolls in a ooc section at the bottom of your in character post. I think it will be easier for both of us.

This thread we will keep for comments, questions, chatter...

I am not a nazi about it though...but this is the general guideline.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Hope the Power Stunt I listed Chill using is okay, planning on having her take it as a permanent part of her array in the future.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Your Create is probably fine for creating an abundance of Soft snow or an Ice Slide. I have seen ice man do it several times. Save the Extra Effort.