Heroes in the City of Tomorrow (ooc)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Psistrike

Re: Heroes in the City of Tomorrow (ooc)

Post by Psistrike »

Hero4hire wrote:Your Create is probably fine for creating an abundance of Soft snow or an Ice Slide. I have seen ice man do it several times. Save the Extra Effort.
Ah, thanks. Edited IC post.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

ZenGypsy wrote:First let me say, that I love the visuals Hero! It really helps visualization, makes it fun and interesting! :)

Also, I should remember, when playing a high accuracy low damage character, Feint should ALWAYS be my opening move ... lol ...
Glad you are enjoying it! :)
Ken

Post by Ken »

Narg-Ul's counterpart on Earth-C-minus is the Speeding Pullet.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Ken wrote:Narg-Ul's counterpart on Earth-C-minus is the Speeding Pullet.
LOL Nice one!

You forgot to put "Speeding Bullet" as for who the roll is for. Pasta floggings next time. ;)
Chogokin

Post by Chogokin »

Again planning ahead, how far away is the hovercraft? My ranged attacks are pretty short-range, at least until I get the PP to make adjustments to the Kinetimorphic Collimator Grid, but it might be worthwhile to snap a shot off at it. If it's too far away, I'll just be trying to Swing back on top of the building. Assuming, of course, that I don't hit Chill's snowbank first. Which brings up my second question: how does Falling work in M&M3E? I know how much damage it does, but I couldn't find a ruling on when the falling takes place, or how that would work in with initiative order.

Thanks!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Hero4hire wrote:
LOL Nice one!

You forgot to put "Speeding Bullet" as for who the roll is for. Pasta floggings next time. ;)
It said "Speeding Bullet" at the top, and whom else would I be rolling a stealth check for? I'll put it on the roll itself next time, though.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Ken wrote:
Hero4hire wrote:
LOL Nice one!

It said "Speeding Bullet" at the top, and whom else would I be rolling a stealth check for? I'll put it on the roll itself next time, though.
Coyote code has a search function so when I put in Speeding Bullet I het all of your characters rolls. I have had need of this before and made it much easier to find a specific roll then cycling through posts.
And while I dont think anyone is cheating (especially with a 4.) If you dont have the name in you may as well be rolling dice at home and just telling me the result for verification purposes.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Chogokin wrote:Again planning ahead, how far away is the hovercraft? My ranged attacks are pretty short-range, at least until I get the PP to make adjustments to the Kinetimorphic Collimator Grid, but it might be worthwhile to snap a shot off at it. If it's too far away, I'll just be trying to Swing back on top of the building. Assuming, of course, that I don't hit Chill's snowbank first. Which brings up my second question: how does Falling work in M&M3E? I know how much damage it does, but I couldn't find a ruling on when the falling takes place, or how that would work in with initiative order.

Thanks!
At least for the moment, the craft went out of your range and line of sight. It went just under the speed of sound.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Chogokin wrote:Again planning ahead, how far away is the hovercraft? My ranged attacks are pretty short-range, at least until I get the PP to make adjustments to the Kinetimorphic Collimator Grid, but it might be worthwhile to snap a shot off at it. If it's too far away, I'll just be trying to Swing back on top of the building. Assuming, of course, that I don't hit Chill's snowbank first. Which brings up my second question: how does Falling work in M&M3E? I know how much damage it does, but I couldn't find a ruling on when the falling takes place, or how that would work in with initiative order.

Thanks!
Re: Falling speed.
This is where the weakness of a turned based system rears its ugly head. A combat round is 6 seconds. All initiatives are technically almost happening within a second or two from eachother. Perhaps fractions of seconds. I can apply a bit of real world physics to your fall and you would hit in just under 5 seconds with the falling happens throughout the round. Honestly I am just up for whatever is good stortlytelling as long as it doesnt blow suspension of disbelief out the window.

You can use swinging or the snow as you wish. As long as either happened before the combat round was done you were fine for not taking damage.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

For those in desperate need of HP I will remind you of the HP tradeoff houserule. :)
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Well I don't feel bad for critting Grease Monkey now. NICE SAVE! :D
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Hero4hire wrote:Well I don't feel bad for critting Grease Monkey now. NICE SAVE! :D
I'll say, nat 20 on the first save of the game you had, very nice start to the campaign.
Chogokin

Post by Chogokin »

Heh, I hope my luck holds! But, that wouldn't match my track record, alas...

So, a question: I think Psistrike has the same basic plan for Chill as I have for Grease Monkey, to Ready an action. However, Grease Monkey has lousy range. How close did the Hover Tank get to make its attack run?

Thanks!
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Chogokin wrote:Heh, I hope my luck holds! But, that wouldn't match my track record, alas...

So, a question: I think Psistrike has the same basic plan for Chill as I have for Grease Monkey, to Ready an action. However, Grease Monkey has lousy range. How close did the Hover Tank get to make its attack run?

Thanks!
About 60 feet.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I thought diarming the Trigger Twin was a Combat action, and flying into the gun was the Move action. Was I mistaken, and there's more I can do?