[OOC] The City of Tomorrow

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: [OOC] The City of Tomorrow

Post by jmucchiello »

Technically all the aliens affected by Doll Girl have increased mass due to her gravity effect weighing them down.

Also, increased mass doesn't allow you to target more than one target. You need area or multiattack to do that. Also, you can't use extended on an attack because an attack doesn't include a move action. (Or maybe that's just my interpretation of extended.)

We are on a beach, right? Send them into the ocean. :)
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

It's moot though, since his base teleport is a portal. He can't even actually do what he's trying to do, which I'm not even sure if he's simply trying to teleport just the lionmen, or teleport them away with himself or, something.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

He could stunt out the portal part and use that for area burst. But that will teleport everyone.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:25 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:50 pm Nothing against you Dodgson, but i hope these Lionmen ALL fail. ;)
How are you even stunting this? Your teleport is a portal, and with us all mingled together in combat, you'd need area selective to not teleport all of us (that fail the check). (Attack is +0 modifier, so not so concerned about that exactly)
Neat thing 'bout Teleport; i get to pick who goes, It's inherent in the power. Why do you think Nightcrawler used to do it to minion's all the time?
Gunmetal_Rainbow

That works on the base level of teleport. You could teleport out of a grapple for example, absolutely.

To intentionally teleport someone who doesn't want to be teleported though, you need Attack. In order to affect multiple enemies with it, you need Split or Area. To not affect the rest of us with Area, you need Selective.

But again, you have Portal. You don't teleport like Nightcrawler. You open a portal then manually have to walk through. Useful to let others move about, but less efficient in the action economy for yourself.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Attack is +0. Portal can be swapped for Area. Selective, he lack the extras for and would need to lower the effect rank.

A stunt can do all of this. But I don't think it is worth it. He should just attack one of the vulnerable lionoids.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

jmucchiello wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:13 pm Attack is +0. Portal can be swapped for Area. Selective, he lack the extras for and would need to lower the effect rank.

A stunt can do all of this. But I don't think it is worth it. He should just attack one of the vulnerable lionoids.
I am inclined to agree.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Without more Modifiers than Mason has, the Portal Extra on a Teleport is only 5' across... I don't know exactly how big this room is, but I get the impression its a lot larger than 5 x 5.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Could maybe do an amoeba-shaped portal? Or a number of small ones under each lionoid?

But I agree just attacking the lionoids is probably the better idea...
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Doll Girl is already doing crowd control. Two are vulnerable, one of which is prone. The time to pounce on the cats is now. :)
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lightning bolt hopefully incoming on one of them any minute now...
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:20 pm Without more Modifiers than Mason has, the Portal Extra on a Teleport is only 5' across... I don't know exactly how big this room is, but I get the impression its a lot larger than 5 x 5.
My Teleport Usually takes the appearance of a Magician's Disappearing Box, if that helps any.
Edit: i just re-adjusted my post to make it a single target "Attack", so that should help sort it out.

Aside: i'm trying to flavor what i do along the lines of a Stage Magician's "Trick's"....
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Understood. We're all still feeling out our characters. I want to do a bunch of edits on my PC.
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Lion-Man #4 Toughness vs DC25 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18 Dazed & Bruised
jmucchiello wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:26 pmUnderstood. We're all still feeling out our characters. I want to do a bunch of edits on my PC.
Once the fight's over, if you want to juggle some stuff around then feel free to.
MacynSnow wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:49 pmMy Teleport Usually takes the appearance of a Magician's Disappearing Box, if that helps any.
Edit: i just re-adjusted my post to make it a single target "Attack", so that should help sort it out.

Aside: i'm trying to flavor what i do along the lines of a Stage Magician's "Trick's"....
Hate to be the barer of bad news here but if the Teleport's extended then it requires 2 move actions to use and none of them are in melee with Mason. The attack extra doesn't make them ranged by default.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

In that case, i'll have to re-work that ENTIRE post so just ignore it...