The Merge: Agents & Powers (OOC for chapter 2)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers (Interest)

Post by Bladewind »

@Starguard... you posted to the Merge Setting thread... was that meant to be to this game ?
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Zzzzzzz

Yeah
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Would you mind reposting it in the IC thread?
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Done :oops:
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

AND... edited out my place holder. :lol:
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

whew,that went rather well all thing's considered....:)
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Query: Seeing as neither Aislynn or Hannibal have tech ability I'd like to use an HP to edit the scene and make a copy of Cramer's cellphone. Say a device he "borrowed" from the squints in tech-division before they left?

Also, just to make sure the D-Strain is from Stoker correct?
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Hey, do you want Lynn to wander in at any point?
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Absolutely. That's why I suggested we as a couple have lunch with Cramer. Neo jumped into the info part. I'm picturing us in the park across the street eating vendor food at a picnic table. I'm so use to Aggie I thought Aislynn would have tech skills but I think cloning a meta lieutenants of Fisk cellphone is worth a HP as far as digging up info.

We can track its movements while it was in LA? While inadmissible in court all the other info could be a treasure trove or minefield ... either way ;)
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Or we could just be honest. He should realize that dealers being killed left and right could mean that his supply might be in danger of vanishing. Enlightened self interest is everyone's friend. That and the prospect of if he helps, he could be providing himself a cure or at least the hope of one. Cuz, even if they do manage to protect the supply they have, it will eventually go away. So having a cure for the addiction? That leaves them alive and in possession of all facilities would be a godsend. Also, having it in the possession of people who won't charge an arm and a leg for it is also a godsend.

As it happens, they do have access to some of the best scientists, magic users and mad scientists around. So finding a cure is a strong possibility, even if the addiction is supposedly not curable. For some of those guys, 'impossible', 'impractical' and 'uncurable' are quaint notions.

I'm sure between the two of them, they could probably sweet-talk Cramer into cooperating (at least half way). Especially if they sweeten the deal and offer to help him with his vamp problem.
I'm so use to Aggie I thought Aislynn would have tech skills but I think cloning a meta lieutenants of Fisk cellphone is worth a HP as far as digging up info.
I built Aislynn as a solid investigator/police type skill wise. I wanted something different than Aggie the skillz monkey. :lol:

Battle Init
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Honesty and enlightened self interest with a drug addicted super villain working for the Kingpin? Somebody check Kirinke for a fever please :)

On an unrelated note ;) Yeah I notices somehow the Investigators heavy skill wise at least are on the same squad. Although watching Nathan and Flagg's unique approaches has been kinda fun too. Thought it was touch and go for the Autobot for a minute there. :lol:
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

StarGuard wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:16 pm Query: Seeing as neither Aislynn or Hannibal have tech ability I'd like to use an HP to edit the scene and make a copy of Cramer's cellphone. Say a device he "borrowed" from the squints in tech-division before they left?

Also, just to make sure the D-Strain is from Stoker correct?
You could do that, yes.

Also, yes. D-strain are your typical vampires who are somewhat similar to Dracula, except most of them are hurt by sunlight unlike D himself. M-strains are Vampire: the Masquerade vamps.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Well, it's a choice between certain death and maybe death really. With Aislynn and Hannible, Cramer faces maybe death. On his own, with his Spice supply running low or disappearing altogether due to his dealers dying and the one behind it hoarding it for himself/herself/itself, he faces certain death. Under the circumstances, which option would he pick?

Plus, criminals, especially super-villians expect a certain amount of duplicity. By being honest from the start, we'll throw him for a loop.

Also, it's a fair exchange, information for help in getting rid of the vamps. He really doesn't loose anything. It's not like we're after him or Fisk personally. Besides, murders are bad for business in the criminal world. Especially messy ones.

In other words, we can be honest if we phrase and angle it right.

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

StarGuard wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:24 pm Although watching Nathan and Flagg's unique approaches has been kinda fun...
Yeah. The tmnt reboot idea was fun. And the more I thought about it... plausible. I could see someone taking it dark and edgey like that.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

It would definately be a plausible for turtles from fanfic alt-universe than the main turtle-verse.

Battle Init