[IC] Screaming Metal Vagabonds: Chapter 1 -- The Cool Green Hills of Earth

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: [IC] Screaming Metal Vagabonds: Chapter 1 -- The Cool Green Hills of Earth

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Pok'

Pok' continued to stand by the rail, watching the city go by- it seemed obvious that she was deep in thought. She did manage a gentle nod at Wissen's words, and she glanced toward Praxis after its message. "Perhaps later," she said softly, but that was all for now.

>OOC: A little off-kilter post root canal, will try to get back in action tomorrow.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Almost before you realize it, the flying ship has reached the roof of the building with the teleportal station on it, with the ship's bridge level with the edge of the roof. Paragon exchanges a few quick words with the harbor patrol officer, then steps away from the wheel to address the rest of you. "All right, here we are," he says, and steps over the ship's railing to the building's roof. Assuming you follow him, he leads you inside the small room on the top, which Yenova has already seen. For the rest of you, within the well-lit room, you see a big glass box with a door that seems to be locked, with a little keypad that Paragon uses to enter a code that unlocks and open the door.

"All right," he says. "One problem with our teleportal system is that it can only send or receive one passenger at a time. So, do I have any volunteers to go first?"
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Davies wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:54 am Almost before you realize it, the flying ship has reached the roof of the building with the teleportal station on it, with the ship's bridge level with the edge of the roof. Paragon exchanges a few quick words with the harbor patrol officer, then steps away from the wheel to address the rest of you. "All right, here we are," he says, and steps over the ship's railing to the building's roof. Assuming you follow him, he leads you inside the small room on the top, which Yenova has already seen. For the rest of you, within the well-lit room, you see a big glass box with a door that seems to be locked, with a little keypad that Paragon uses to enter a code that unlocks and open the door.

"All right," he says. "One problem with our teleportal system is that it can only send or receive one passenger at a time. So, do I have any volunteers to go first?"
Wissen(Taxaud?)
HP-0 CND-Fine

"I would like to be the first, if that's no problem with the rest(he'll step back after Pok' steps forward)....Out of curiosity, just how many of these have been built in total?"
He'll ask Paragon this as he pay's attention to what buttons are pushed/activated(he'd done logged the Access code into his files as Paragon was typing them in)...
Last edited by MacynSnow on Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Pok'

Pok' stepped forward without hesitation. "I believe I am the most resilient of our group- I should probably go first, just in case."

She did not actually expect there to be any kind of difficulty- but of course when one wasn't expecting problems was when most problems tended to show up...
Davies

Post by Davies »

Wissen wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:01 am "I would like to be the first, if that's no problem with the rest....Out of curiosity, just how many of these have been built in total?"
Pok' wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:03 am "I believe I am the most resilient of our group- I should probably go first, just in case."
"Somewhere between thirty and forty," Paragon answers Wissen's question. "Initially, we just had them set up in the cities where members of our team operated, but, well, while I'm something of a homebody, it was more convenient for others, who aren't, to have access to other regions of the planet. All right, which ever one of you would prefer to go first, just enter and step on the button. Your tractor beam should function for this purpose, Captain."

There's a button with some sort of glyph on it, protruding from the platform. Since most of you can't read English, it means nothing to you.

Praxis' eyes only
Spoiler
If you use your sensors to take a look at the button, you'll recognize it as having a stylized letter 'P' on it.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Davies wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:12 am
Wissen wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:01 am "I would like to be the first, if that's no problem with the rest....Out of curiosity, just how many of these have been built in total?"
Pok' wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:03 am "I believe I am the most resilient of our group- I should probably go first, just in case."
"Somewhere between thirty and forty," Paragon answers Wissen's question. "Initially, we just had them set up in the cities where members of our team operated, but, well, while I'm something of a homebody, it was more convenient for others, who aren't, to have access to other regions of the planet. All right, which ever one of you would prefer to go first, just enter and step on the button. Your tractor beam should function for this purpose, Captain."

There's a button with some sort of glyph on it, protruding from the platform. Since most of you can't read English, it means nothing to you.

Praxis' eyes only
Spoiler
If you use your sensors to take a look at the button, you'll recognize it as having a stylized letter 'P' on it.
Wissen will step back and let Pok' go first...
Spoiler
Wouldn't Wissen be able to Translate it as well?
Davies

Post by Davies »

OOC: Oh, wait, how has he been translating all that stuff that he's reading on the Web, then? Okay, Wissen is getting Language (English) before the rest of you do, and yes, he can recognize the glyph.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Davies wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:18 am
OOC: Oh, wait, how has he been translating all that stuff that he's reading on the Web, then? Okay, Wissen is getting Language (English) before the rest of you do, and yes, he can recognize the glyph.
OOC: Remember first thing he did planetside was Access the Internet. While everything's been going on(yes, even during the battle), he's been translating every single Beatles song he had in his collection.....<starts humming Yesterday> 8-)
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Pok'

Pok' stepped forward and pressed the button. Without even realizing that she was doing so, she tensed very slightly, getting ready for whatever.

And this was a new experience- she still enjoyed those...
Davies

Post by Davies »

Pok': When you step into the teleportal, and step on the button, you hear this sound before the universe becomes very bright, blinding your visual senses. When they come back you are standing in another, similar room, with an open door leading out into a room that resembles a space ship's command deck, with a viewscreen that reveals a cloudy blue sky.

Within that room, there's a young human woman working at the control panel. "Oh, thank God you're here," she says, casting a glance over her shoulder. "I'm not sure I'm cut out for this, there are dozens of things hap-- pen -- ning ..." She trails off, then looks over her shoulder again. "Um ... whom might you be?" she asks. She speaks in an accent very different from the way that Paragon did. She's not regarding you in a hostile manner, but she's obviously surprised.
ImageFellow newbie.
Another thing you immediately notice is that there's a very large, heavy looking metal shield leaning against the side of the control panel.

Everyone Else: You hear this sound as the teleportal effect takes place, and then Pok' is nowhere to be seen. "Wissen, if you'd like to go next --" Paragon offers.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Yenova
HP: 1
CND: Fatigued
MacynSnow wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:07 pm "intresting tidbit regarding Stardust: SOMEONE has purged every single available image of this person since the Last 30 days or more. My working theorem is that Stardust somehow created Abraxas. My proof? Stardust was driven off this Planet 50 to 65 years ago. My main consern is why remove the pictures? What do they not want us to see?...When we interact with the rest of the Powerhouse, i HIGHLY recommend extreme caution be used. It's a smal set from Guest to Prisoner."
Yenova doesn't say anything, but the look on her face is skeptical: it's not impossible, but it's kind of a big leap. Being careful what they say, though: that's always good advice.

She's happy to wait for Pok and Wissen to go through the teleportal first, too.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Wissen(Taxaud?)
HP-0 CND-Fine

Making a note to himself to study the technology(for possible Transportation use by LMS), the young scientist stepped onto the platform. His Colony was in a brief uproar over the feeling of being Dissassimbled/Reassimbled, but quickly got resettled as Wissen stepped off the platform and looked around.Taking note of the giant shield, the half-breed head's for the new person(idly noting her genetic attractiveness) as he say's
"This is Pok' and i am called Wissen. Is there a problem?"
Davies

Post by Davies »

Pok', Wissen: The young lady is further startled by Wissen's appearance. "Um, I don't know if there is or not -- um, okay, you're Wissen, she's Pok -- sorry, Pok' -- " (She gets the pronunciation right on the second try.) "-- buuuut why do you have access to the Powerhouse's teleportal?" She's still not hostile, just kind of bewildered. And then she shakes her head. "Oh, I should probably -- ah, my name is J-- Prydwen," she says, pronouncing it "Preh-dayen".
Wissen's knowledge about this person is limited to the fact that she appeared from nowhere about eight years ago, only joined the Powerhouse a few weeks ago, and is apparently a wanted fugitive in her home country.
Praxis, Yenova: Once Wissen has likewise vanished, Paragon looks at the pair of you and silently gestures towards the entrance to the teleportal.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Yenova
HP: 1
CND: Probably not fatigued anymore?

Yenova blinks several times to get the spots out of her eyes after the teleport.

"Hiii!" she says brightly to the woman at the control panel as she enters the command deck. She waves. "We're from space!"
Davies

Post by Davies »

Yes, Yenova has recovered from her fatigued condition.
Pok', Wissen, Yenova: The appearance of a third person she doesn't know from the teleportal doesn't make Prydwen any more bewildered, but it starts to make her a bit frustrated instead. "You're from space," she repeats, somewhat less enthusiastically than Yenova's original statement, then blinks behind her horn-rimmed glasses. "Did you have something to do with that, uh, 'spaceship' that arrived in Toronto earlier today?"