[IC] Screaming Metal Vagabonds: Chapter 1 -- The Cool Green Hills of Earth

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: [IC] Screaming Metal Vagabonds: Chapter 1 -- The Cool Green Hills of Earth

Post by MacynSnow »

Davies wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:33 pm
OOC: Wissen's Shapeshift gives 15 points, so he could emulate part of the 21 points of the Praxis' systems. What you could do with that is up to you.
OOC: Depending on what system's i'd be allowed to Copy, that'd be perfect. Technically, by effectively Doubling the Tractor Beam & Scanner's we could pull ourselves towards Corsair's Ship fairly quickly...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The Praxis
HP:1|CND: Fine
Scanners: Vision gains extended 3
Danger Sense.

"I think first we rejoin our last member of the group." Captain Trent projects before the Praxis's Tractor Beam opens the door to where his sensors detected their companion only moments before. He quickly fills in their teammate on the situation.
[How far away is the Corsair's vessel?]
"I'd say we first use the Praxis' Beam to hurl Pok in a twirling 'hammer-toss' maneuver toward the ship, Praxis Hyperjumps there while Pok is in transit, then 'catches' him in the Beam and guides him onto the enemy vessel. If Paragon tosses Wissen in a similar arc the 'catching maneuver' can usher them both on to the ship. Yenova can get herself there. Wissen and I can see about securing the vessel's systems, perhaps in combination of abilities as Pok suggested, while the other two can subdue the 'pirate'. Paragon could be in reserve to warn us of external dangers and step in to aid if civilians are in threat."

"What do you guys' think?"
"Something pithy this way comes."
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Yenova
HP: 1
CND: Cold

Yenova ventures out onto the roof and waves up at the others floating in the air. "Hi! Hi! Wow-ee, it is cold up here..." She shivers as she looks off at the flying ship in the distance. "That's an interesting design," she says. "Why are they singing?"
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:51 pm The Praxis
Scanners: Vision gains extended 3
Danger Sense.

"I think first we rejoin our last member of the group." Captain Trent projects before the Praxis's Tractor Beam opens the door to where his sensors detected their companion only moments before. He quickly fills in their teammate on the situation.
"I'd say we first use the Praxis' Beam to hurl Pok in a twirling 'hammer-toss' maneuver toward the ship, Praxis Hyperjumps there while Pok is in transit, then 'catches' him in the Beam and guides him onto the enemy vessel. If Paragon tosses Wissen in a similar arc the 'catching maneuver' can usher them both on to the ship. Yenova can get herself there. Wissen and I can see about securing the vessel's systems, perhaps in combination of abilities as Pok suggested, while the other two can subdue the 'pirate'. Paragon could be in reserve to warn us of external dangers and step in to aid if civilians are in threat."

Wissen (Taxaud?)
HP-0 CND-Fine INIT-+5

Doing the calcuations quickly in his head, Wissen say's
"it's a VERY good idea Captain Trent! The only factor i see that could be a problem: Can you, Paragon, throw us AT THE EXACT SAME SPEED both times?"
Davies

Post by Davies »

Captain Trent wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:51 pm "I think first we rejoin our last member of the group." Captain Trent projects before the Praxis's Tractor Beam opens the door to where his sensors detected their companion only moments before. He quickly fills in their teammate on the situation.
Yenova wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:59 pm "That's an interesting design," she says. "Why are they singing?"
"The person who hired them asked them to do so," Paragon 'explains'.
OOC: You'd estimate that it's about 2000 feet+/- 500 feet away.
Captain Trent wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:51 pm "I'd say we first use the Praxis' Beam to hurl Pok in a twirling 'hammer-toss' maneuver toward the ship, Praxis Hyperjumps there while Pok is in transit, then 'catches' her in the Beam and guides her onto the enemy vessel. If Paragon tosses Wissen in a similar arc the 'catching maneuver' can usher them both on to the ship. Yenova can get herself there. Wissen and I can see about securing the vessel's systems, perhaps in combination of abilities as Pok suggested, while the other two can subdue the 'pirate'. Paragon could be in reserve to warn us of external dangers and step in to aid if civilians are in threat."

"I think I can manage to duplicate the arc of your throw, Captain," Paragon says, nodding. "If that's the plan you want to use, then I'll do my part in it."
I'm not fourteen hundred years old! I've been sixteen years old fourteen hundred times, but I'm definitely not fourteen hundred years old! If you can't get that through your skull, I'm divorcing you!
Tsukasa Tsukuyomi, in
Fly Me to the Moon, by Kenjiro Hata
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Wissen gave his nod of approval, getting into a position that looks like he's lying on his stomach
"on your word, Captain Trent..."
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Yenova
CND: Concerned (also cold)

"So, just to make sure I have everything Captain Trent told me straight," Yenova says slowly, "that ship belongs to someone called the Corsair, and we're supposed to fight him... and we're going to throw Pok and Wissen at the ship."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:39 am Yenova
CND: Concerned (also cold)

"So, just to make sure I have everything Captain Trent told me straight," Yenova says slowly, "that ship belongs to someone called the Corsair, and we're supposed to fight him... and we're going to throw Pok and Wissen at the ship."
Wissen(Taxaud?)
HP-0 CND-Fine INIT-+5
"Yes Yenova, that's the plan....Unless you can teleport all of us directly there?"
Davies

Post by Davies »

Yenova wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:39 am "So, just to make sure I have everything Captain Trent told me straight," Yenova says slowly, "that ship belongs to someone called the Corsair,

"A fairly bad person, who's probably scaring the people who are on the observation decks of that tower -- which is a tourist attraction, so some of them have probably never had anything like this happen to them before," Paragon adds, to supplement your understanding.
Yenova wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:39 am and we're supposed to fight him... and we're going to throw Pok and Wissen at the ship."
"Yes, and then you're supposed to teleport there," adds Paragon, smiling and nodding ... and watching you with interest, as though looking forward to observing this manifestation of your abilities.
I'm not fourteen hundred years old! I've been sixteen years old fourteen hundred times, but I'm definitely not fourteen hundred years old! If you can't get that through your skull, I'm divorcing you!
Tsukasa Tsukuyomi, in
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Yenova
CND: Pedantic

Yenova hesitates. "Wellll, I don't exactly teleport. It's not, like, disappearing and reappearing, it's... oh, it's complicated."

Paragon is looking right at her. That's a problem. How is she supposed to be somewhere else when she's clearly here? She opens her mouth to ask him to focus on the ship, where important things are happening, but then she remembers that he has weird eyes. What if he can see her not being on the ship?

"Can you look at that teleportal thingy back in there for a minute?" she asks finally. "Make sure it's, you know, working fine, for when we're done and it's time to go?"
Davies

Post by Davies »

Yenova wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:03 am "Can you look at that teleportal thingy back in there for a minute?" she asks finally. "Make sure it's, you know, working fine, for when we're done and it's time to go?"
One of Paragon's eyebrows quirks up at this request. However, he's clearly picked up on the fact that this is important to you. "All right," he says, just a bit slowly. "I'll ... go do that." And with that, and without a further glance in your direction, he heads into the small room on top of the roof."
OOC: Does it only work when Yenova isn't being observed, or does it only work when she thinks she isn't being observed?
Tsukasa Tsukuyomi, in
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Yenova
CND: Going places
OOC: When she isn't being observed.
Yenova takes a step back from Wissen, Pok, and the Praxis, and decides that she is on the Corsair's ship.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The Praxis
Scanners: Vision gains Rapid 2, extended, infravision
Danger Sense.

The Captain's pad blinked. "Well, just get crews there in preparation." he orders.

"Let's switch. I'm told we can launch Wissen farther than Pok, but your strength, Paragon, can handle the increased density of Pok more easily." Captain Trent projects before the Praxis's Tractor Beam focuses on Wissen. The prone man finds himself lifted into the air as, waiting for Paragon to indicate readiness, the Praxis executes a rapidly accelerating 360 degree turn, then releases the green alien in an epic 'hammer toss' with a "Now!"
throw Wissen: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27 Whew, woulda been embarrasing to come up too far short. Assuming -10 for distance, still gets into the relevant area.
Their engines flare and they cover 1,800 feet in a single move, not even needing to engage the Hyperjump Nacelles.

He easily outpaces the launched Uplift, finally and literally living up to the designation and prepares to adjust position as needed and catch the dual projectiles.
[Tractor Beam Action, switch array, Move, then next round will Move, Switch array. and tractor beam action.
if you need a roll to catch them: catch: 1D20+8 = [16]+8 = 24
The Praxis is already looking for a suitable access point, checking where the vessel might be leaking heat around a hatch or door.
"Something pithy this way comes."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Pok'

As the others discussed their ideas for the approach, Pok' made some preparations of her own- planning wasn't her strong suit, action was. And being tossed by Paragon was likely to be quite a bit of action, considering he could lift their entire ship... With a motion uncannily like a full body shrug, she shifted slightly, the stony shell of her body curving slightly, her joints setting into a structurally stable angle...

>OOC: Using her physical shapeshifting Variable for the following effect: Immunity 10 (Slam damage, Falling damage), Limited- Half effect (5pp total). Then ready to be a cannonball...
Davies

Post by Davies »

OOC: Okay, here's how I understand this sequence of events as going.
As the Praxis prepares, and as Pok' adjusts her density, Paragon takes a few steps of his own, spending a few moments measuring the angles before he takes hold of Pok' and, as gently as he can, throwing her in the same moment as the Praxis throws Wissen. The arcs are almost exactly identical, and the Praxis is easily able to hyperjump to a position where it can catch the pair of them.
Paragon takes a round to Aim, and then throws.

Throwing 1d20 + 8 +2 -10= 17
Having done so, he promptly darts into the teleportal room, restraining his scientific curiosity enough to resist the impulse to use his sensory enhancements to spy on Yenova as she teleports.

Meanwhile, Wissen, Pok' and the Praxis are hovering slightly over what they're surprised to see is an open decked ship with a mast and billowing sails, like something out of very old, pre-space imagery. The ship is circling the tower's observation deck, with a group of maybe a dozen or so colorfully clad figures lining the side of the ship that faces them, singing about what awful people they are. ("We're bad guys and never say please!" is a typical verse.) They are startled by the sight of you appearing in the air above them, and stop singing (mercifully) in order to look up at you.

On a deck slightly raised above the main deck, another man is standing behind a steering wheel, and he also looks up at you. (Wissen will recognize him as the Corsair from his research.) "Well, well!" he says, not at all intimidated. "What have we here? Was expecting Paragon himself, I was, not some nameless costumed folk!"

All eyes are on the three of them, and so Yenova is easily able to move between her earlier location and the one on the deck, just as the Corsair finishes his monologue.
Under his monologue, the Corsair uses his Power Piracy on Pok', gaining STR 10 [18], STA 8 [14], and her Immunities [12]. Pok' still has these abilities.
Tsukasa Tsukuyomi, in