DEAD Waterdeep: Dragon Heist! (5th ed)- OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: Waterdeep: Dragon Heist! (5th ed)- OOC

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Hey guys. I'm just working through some intense work related issues, is been a rough few days, and I'm trying to get some kind of resolution, but I can't control how promptly head office gets replies much less relays those to me ...

Unfortunately it has stressed me to the point of having trouble putting the stress side even when I'm not at work
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Spectrum wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:01 pm Vivid- so that I actually help you, is there a direction were you thinking about things that Volo isn't telling you? I mean, you're probably not interested in that he ate an extra gnomish churro at breakfast. Perhaps amused, but not useful.
She only picked up that he was short on funds, but with a cad like Volo it's safe bet he's hiding something else. A statement like 'you're hiding something' is a safe bet to say and try to convince him to spill more information. This could be a deception check if you'd like.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:16 pm Hey guys. I'm just working through some intense work related issues, is been a rough few days, and I'm trying to get some kind of resolution, but I can't control how promptly head office gets replies much less relays those to me ...

Unfortunately it has stressed me to the point of having trouble putting the stress side even when I'm not at work
Hope it all work's out for you Gunmetal!
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

My good thoughts are with you Gunmetal!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Vivid wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:30 pm
Spectrum wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:01 pm Vivid- so that I actually help you, is there a direction were you thinking about things that Volo isn't telling you? I mean, you're probably not interested in that he ate an extra gnomish churro at breakfast. Perhaps amused, but not useful.
She only picked up that he was short on funds, but with a cad like Volo it's safe bet he's hiding something else. A statement like 'you're hiding something' is a safe bet to say and try to convince him to spill more information. This could be a deception check if you'd like.
Sounds good Vivid. I'll let you know that there are at least two different things that are being hidden. I could see any of the three social approaches working, with very different reactions.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Definitely know the rigors of stress, Gunmetal. Take what time you need.

deception: 1D20+5 = [16]+5 = 21

To make it seem like she knows he's hiding something and is fully expecting him to reveal it.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

If you will make the post, I'll respond to it- catching him in his attempt to slip past.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

May I swap Charm person for Sleep? I avoided taking it because the bard had it, but since he's not continuing...
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Sounds good.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

THAT much description for a "Good friend?' my Aunt Fanny! If they aren't lovers, Marco would eat his Shield...
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Maybe so, but he is going to lengths to not make that public knowledge. Stating it outright.... Oof.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Hey Gunmetal- any idea when you'll be able to pull yourself out the work load? I would like to hang on for you to respond but not too long.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

At the moment, looking at the thread, I don't have anything meaningful to contribute. Autumn is simply willing to help search, the details of their relationship aren't important to her for that.

I believe we have a lead as to where to start as well.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Albrect will be ready to go when her question is answered.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Marco's ready to go whenever the group is.