Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:01 pm "Why were you doing this? Who else is connected?"[/i]
The answer flows from the mind of the bandit Ericka touches; <The boss ordered it. The boss has the whole gang involved.>

Elsewhile, the fire is put out successfully with only minor damages and the guards take the bandits away, informing you they will be at the Bridgekeeper's Watch lockup for the time being, recognizing that you lot are from the guild (lumping Dog in with the group) and may have a mission to follow up on this once you return to the guild to report.

Vivian approaches the group. "I appreciate you fighting on behalf of my factory. Let me offer you a reward. I can't give you any guild items without their sanction, but I've got some weapons. Keep 'em, sell 'em, do as you will, but allow me to reward you as I can."
The book only lists short sword, buckler, throwing knives or a mace as options, but I'll open it up a little bit to any metal melee weapon up to 30 silver value.
"You'll like as not want to get back to the guild to report. I'll get that shipment set to take back with you, won't take ten minutes." and with that Vivian about faces and shoos her staff with a booming voice back to work, sending a pair off to get what ready-made items the guild requested for you lot to take back.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

She turned her attention to the other, refining her questions further.

Cunning(Thought Stealing II): 4 [url=https://orokos.com/roll/882714](6,4,4,4,3,5,6,6)
"What's the name of your boss? Where is your gang located?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:17 pm "What's the name of your boss? Where is your gang located?"
Ericka is able to get one last dart off before the guards lead the two captive bandits away and out of range. <The boss' name is Boris. Old Shelby's Farmhouse, outside of Sepulcur.>
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

"Boris," She starts, gently massaging her temple as their erant thoughts mingle with her own. "They were being commanded by someone named Boris, a gang it seems? Based outside the city, a place they called 'Old Shelby's Farmhouse'."
------------
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

Moira will ask the guards that come and collect the arsonists if they had heard of this gang at Old Shelby's, and if they know who this Boris is and had a description. She'll also ask if there were any bounties on the arsonists. This wasn't, technically, an Akuma thing, as far as she could tell, so the Guild wouldn't have jurisdiction. Which meant they didn't have authority nor compensation for going after the arsonist gang.

She'll ask her questions aloud, just in case the thugs wanted to volunteer the information so as to seem cooperative to the law enforcement.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Ericka's spells were deemed to be as the guards were leaving. You'll have to head to the guardhouse later, or you can ask back at the guild.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Moira will not pursue the guards to ask questions.

"Back to the Guildhouse guys?" She asks.

And Moira is happy to take a set of throwing knives if it's available.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: N/A Wounds: 5/5

Dog ignores Vivian's reward with complete indifference. He was carrying enough gear, and finding a fence to sell the weapon seemed like too much effort.

He perks up at Moira's comment, "Well, I could use another drink."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: ___ || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

Lloyd will carry the shipment but he'll also tuck a tomahawk into his belt. He didn't have an option for Slashing damage yet, or ranged. The small axe gave him both.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

Ericka nods towards Moira, readying herself for the visit back to the guild.
------------
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova

A short sword caught Sashura's eye - a lance does devasting damage if one has room to charge with it. So a good short range weapon would be a great idea for close quarters (best to keep all bases covered, since you could never be sure at what range something dangerous might pop up).

Since it looked like the local law had everything in hand, returning to the Guildhouse sounded like a good idea. As did Grigor's.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

It doesn't take long for Vivian to assemble the partial order, including Moira's spyglass, to return to the guild where they are greeted by Bookkeeper Arin once again. "Ah! You've returned. I'm not sure if you were aware, but your exploits have arleady made the radio. What's that you have there?" he indicates the small crates you were provided with to carry back.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

Lloyd will unload the shipment. "From Metal Works. We delivered list and fulfilled shipment."

"Tom is... no more. Sorry. But his last task is complete."
Lloyd says that last with a note of ceremony or formality.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Arin heads over and checks what has been brought, marking off on a clipboard what has arrived, to be compared with the rest whenever that shows up. He selects one of the spyglasses and directly hands ti to Moira. "I am, once again, truly sorry for the inconvenience. It looks like this is a fair portion of the shipment, I presume Vivian will send the rest at a later time once it has been prepared."

He sets the clipboard down on his desk, looking amongst the group. "I'm sure you're all looking forward to a rest, but Guildmaster Sandra has asked to see you when you returned. I'll have some refreshments prepared for you when you're finished." he seems apologetic to ask you to do one more thing before taking some rest, hoping to soften it by offering to have food and drinks readied for you.
Last edited by Gunmetal_Rainbow on Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

Lloyd nods. What do you need?" Lloyd asks.