Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Could he speed up others? With Linked and Dart, he could maybe make an area to give others a leg up?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

I think linked is more pertinent than dart, but sure, I'll say it can speed you up a round, so you get there in two rounds. Because a round and a half is awkward
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

Moira AT: 3
Bearrage AT: 3
Relocate roll: _: 6D6 = [3, 1, 5, 6, 1, 6] = 22

Though there's a chance for others to react before she relocates as Bearrage dives.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: N/A Wounds: 5/5

Dog sighs, walking over to look out the window to see where Moira was pointing.

These do gooders were going to get him killed. For free!

"Okay, we'll all go, just be careful," He grimaces, "There's something unnatural about that smoke."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Still awaiting Moira to take action :)

I also set up a map on Roll20
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

Moira AT: 3
Bearrage AT: 3

Moira squeezes off a shot, intentionally and harmlessly into the ground but letting the arsonists know she means business and attracting any guards in the area.

"Stop setting those fires! Drop to the ground! Don't dare run or my next bullet goes through you A-holes!" she yells.
I'll assume you want an intimidation (regrettably she's no Dog in that department).
intimidation: 3D6 = [6, 2, 4] = 12
if the gunshot gives advantage 2 successes, otherwise 1
Gunmetal_Rainbow

The arsonists look over towards Moira at the sound of the gunshot, but don't give her words much consideration before throwing their fuel cans at the fire and bolting.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: ___ || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6
Others should be there in 1-2 rounds, Lloyd it'll be three.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

Moira AT: 3>1
Bearrage AT: 3>2

Bearrage, who started at around head height, glides to chest height toward the arsonists (with an extra step).

Moira invokes her magics once again and rematerializes next to the raptor.
She fires off shots in succession aiming for the legs of the running men.
Attack (LMG): 11P/13P(w/Bipod), Range M+2/4 tiles, Full Auto 3, Ammo 30>27, Firearm (Advantage)
Aiming for the leg dives disadvantage which cancels the firearm's advantage.
Shot on farthest guy
aim: 11D6 = [6, 4, 4, 6, 2, 1, 2, 1, 6, 1, 3] = 36
3 successes
Near guy:
2 w/aim: 11D6 = [6, 1, 6, 6, 5, 1, 4, 4, 2, 1, 1] = 37
4 successes.
"I can do this all day guys, please give up."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

With business-like precision, Moira puts bullets in one of each of the arsonists' legs even while one attempts to serpentine and give Moira a more difficult target, causing both men to pitch forward and fall supine to the ground, losing their tank of gasoline in the process.

The first man, the one who hadn't had the werewithal to attempt to dodge rolls over, clutching his leg. "I surrender! I surrender!" The other clutches his own wound, which isn't as bad, more of a deep graze then the dead-on through-shot of the first man, shouts at the first. "Bloody coward! I'll string you up by your hog ring you coward!"

Both arsonists are in poor clothing and look the part of bandits, armed with knives, decked out in tattoo's and piercings, most prominently a ring through their septum. From the reading the news papers earlier, it's a fair guess that these are members of the Hognose Gang, the more beligerrent one himself appearing to be Ron "The Snake" Cutter, a prominent member of the gang. Still, despite Ron's shouting and threats, he remains on the ground after attempting and failing to get back to his feet.
Book's not clear on the results of called shots, so I'll give them a penalty to their Agility. That said, their starting Recovery rolls weren't amazing. The first target, the nameless bandit, only had 2, used one to move, so didn't have the AT to spend to try and dodge and intended to keep running, so took the chance to save that AT to keep moving. The second, Ron, had an extra, so tried to Dodge, but didn't negate the 4 damage fully, so down he goes.

That combat went unexpectely fast, so everyone can catch up while Moira keeps the two at gunpoint, don't worry about rolls for Fertile. Worth noting Vivian gave Lloyd'a disapproving look now that there's a big verdant patch of greenery trailing through her factory
The workers inside the factory mobilize as Vivian shouts to get the fire out, and it seems the crew knows what to do, quickly getting to water buckets, as well as external water stations, forming a sort of work line, filling buckets while others take them to splash over the blaze. Fortunately, with the timely intervetion and interruption, the bandits weren't able to cause more than minor damage to the factory before the fire is put out.

At the same time, with the sounds of gunshots, nearby guards are drawn to the scene. It seems they recognize Ron instantly and assist in restraining the men, looking to take quick statements from the group on the scene, deciding bringing them to the station for a pretty evident matter, the foiling of an arson, was unnecessary.
Before I have the guards take the bandits away and Vivian comes in to do her piece, would anyone like to fill in anything? Helping with the fire, questioning the bandits, anything like that?
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: N/A Wounds: 5/5

Dog growled under his breath as he watches the fire. With the arsonists under control he turned his attention back to the problem at hand.

Yelling and shouting he helped get the bucket brigade running smoothly, even taking a turn. He'd spent enough time in the factory to be in his fair share, and it didn't hurt that his father had been in charge of such things for years.

He'd spent years listening to his old man explain the ins and outs over dinner.

Grimacing he cursed under his breath as smoke got in his face and caused his eyes to water.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: ___ || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

Lloyd'll go help with buckets lining several on the expanded length of the spectral tree of heartwood to carry them yolk-style to the fire site.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

Moira AT: 3>1
Bearrage AT: 3>2

Moira just kept the thugs under threat of shooting their *other* legs if they tried anything funny. She let up and showed her credentials when the Guards showed up.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

She gasps slightly for breath once she finally reaches the point of commotion, to see that Moira has managed to subdue them herself. A good thing, honestly. Seeing the two men prompted her to realize that this was a good a time as any to rely upon her inner magics, so that she might grasp some inkling of what's been going on around here.

Her eyes turn to one of them arbitrarily, trying to probe their thoughts one at a time.

Cunning (Thought Stealing II): 5 (5,3,6,3,5,5,5,4)
"Why were you doing this? Who else is connected?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova

Sashura helped with the fire brigade as best she could - once, back home, the distillery nearly caught on fire, so she had a fair idea of how dangerous uncontrolled fires could be. Especially with someone throwing gasoline around.

Which led to wondering WHY anyone would be throwing gasoline around.