Conflux City Guardians

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Camus
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Conflux City Council building [Alecto]

Post by Camus » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:33 pm

"FourZZZZZ floor. AhA! takZZZ that!" the russian replies by the commlink. You can tell there are other three combatants shooting at him. One less perhaps after the victory call of the Red Rocket.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

elevator Shaft [Alecto's Ooze]

Post by Camus » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:37 pm

Both persons at th elevator are slow to react and get coated in acid! One is more affected than the other but they are still in shape it seems, as they both open fire on the ooze. However the acid might be making effect on them as they miss their mark for a wide margin.

Person 1 saves: 1 injury. It attacks the ooze: miss
Person 2 saves: 1 injury and dazed. It attacks the ooze: miss too!
Oozy's turn
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Flynnarrel
Posts: 826
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Teleporting

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:08 pm

Nintendogeek01 wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:04 am
Agent Owl
"So instead of passing along warnings, or even monitoring, you ended up doing most of the work for them," Agent Owl scoffed, "Well with luck, we won't have to find out what they'll do with it. Starfish, we should go now," Agent Owl told her teammate as a noise sounded from outside the window; looking outside the Screech Owl was hovering just outside the window, cockpit open for people to step in.

"Oh..." Agent Owl then realized something, stopping her walk to the window and turning to face Shamapki, "Shamapki. The bombing that attacked the kidnappers' base. What was recovered from the ruins?"
Myra hops into the cockpit and scoots over, unfamiliar with the controls of this surface-craft.
"Something pithy this way comes."

Prof Weird
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Prof Weird » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:51 am

Alecto and the Primordial Ooze
Ooze's Condition : bruised (-1 to damage checks)
Alecto's Condition : fatigued from earlier Power Stunt; still has one HP.

The primitive creature lashes out at the first target in reach - Person #1
The attack _: 1D20+4 = [19]+4 = 23
If that connects, target faces DC23 (from strike), plus a DC20 (Acid, reaction damage), plus DC21 (Secondary effect of last round's attack)
Meanwhile, Elene curses under her breath and heads for the stairs, and wonders if the 4th floor is off limits as she puts on the Gauntlets of Hermes ...

"If they've been watching us THIS WHOLE TIME, they may know I'm Alecto !"
she deduced, "But let's leave my destructive capabilities as an unpleasant surprise. For now !"

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Teleporting

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:38 am

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 1
Condition: Normal


"... maybe nothing," Agent Owl replied simply before stepping into the Screech Owl's cockpit, prompting the plane to seal shut. Once Agent Owl was in the pilot's seat it took off.

"Now then..." Agent Owl pulled out the tracking device proper and activated it, "Ideally I would have secured the artifact first, but failing that I had to be sure we could find it again."

Flynnarrel
Posts: 826
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Flynnarrel » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:52 am

Myra nods. "I also have a list of addresses of, possibly, some of this organization's members."
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
MissRo
Posts: 353
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:18 am
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by MissRo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:25 pm

The Amazing Mrs. Perkins
HP: 1 - LP: 0 - Staus: Normal


Pru knew her husband like the back of her hand; ten years of wedded bliss would do that. She knew the moment he met her eyes that something was amiss. Tom was normally as cool as a cucumber, but something was making him nervous. Her presence? Perhaps... being overheard?

She offered him her hand.

"This is personal. I'd like my kind of privacy. Have you back before anyone notices you were gone."
"In times of crisis, it is of utmost importance not to lose one's head." - M. Antoinette

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

British Embassy [Prudence]

Post by Camus » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:10 pm

Thomas raised an eyebrow, but sit at the table and grabbed his wife's hand. "Sure dearest, " he said, "Lets go"
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Conflux City skies [Agent Owl and Starfish]

Post by Camus » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:13 pm

The Agent's tracking device goes online, showing on her screen. The yellow beeping point moves incredibly fast, with sharp 90 degrees turns as the monk runs through the streets. Following his pattern for a moment, and with Starfish's coordinates of the possible hideouts of the monks, Agent Owl makes quick calculations in her head. Her sharp intellect allows her to predict in which of this locations the monk is likely heading. If she wants she could out-fly the monk and get to the location before him.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Teleporting

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:34 pm

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 1
Condition: Normal

Flynnarrel wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:52 am
Myra nods. "I also have a list of addresses of, possibly, some of this organization's members."
Agent Owl watched the tracker and compared it to the locations on Starfish's list, "... good work, we're off," Agent Owl thrust the plane into full throttle without even waiting to see if Starfish had strapped herself in properly!

It was time to intercept the monk.

User avatar
MissRo
Posts: 353
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:18 am
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by MissRo » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:53 am

The Amazing Mrs. Perkins
HP: 1 - LP: 0 - Staus: Normal


Pru held her husband's hand and 'ported the two of them to a rooftop several blocks away. She wasn't one for all this cloak-and-dagger type business, but when her family was involved she took no risks.

"The embassy's addy was notated on a list we retrieved from some... er, well, some bad sort. Monk looking fellows. Terrorist types, quite likely involved in the disappearances of several superhumans. Do you have any idea why it might have been there, love?"

OOC: Insight Check: 1D20+10 = [11]+10 = 21
Pru is watching Tom's reaction closely, to see if she can figure out if something in particular is disturbing him.
"In times of crisis, it is of utmost importance not to lose one's head." - M. Antoinette

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Windy roof tops (Pru)

Post by Camus » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:21 am

The wind on the rooftops of the island nation is strong and wild. It plays its will with Prudence and Thoma's clothes and hair. Through the rampaging blond hair of Thomas Pru can see her husband turn the serious face he was sporting into a considerably more relaxed and happy one. He blurted the following at an incredible speed: "You couldn't have come in a better moment. A few months ago, these monk characters started appearing thought the embassy, they came and went from the ambassador's chambers and they pleased. We all started to get nervous about it, and then came the threats. We are all under surveillance, even our house. Our little ones... I couldn't say anything to you, not that I know anything aside that these guys mean what they say, and the ambassador is somewhat linked to them I'm sure. But you have to port us back, they will get suspicious." his eyes tear up a bit, but he is British after all, and for what is worth, he sucks those dame tears up. He manages a weak "Thank you" with a knot in his throat.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Conflux City Council chambers (Alecto)

Post by Camus » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:24 am

Your way up to the fourth floor is uneventful. You carefully peek through the stair's door and see your target, Yamamoto, being restrained by Red Rocket, who sports several gunshots. In the floor, several of the guards lie in a small pool of their own blood. The asian woman is fighting back, and the injured russian man struggles to hold her.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Streets of Conflux City

Post by Camus » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:40 am

Agent Owl hits the speed and deftly pilots her ship around to circle the monk, going sideways to dodge powerlines and signs. The people from the windows is taken by surprise as the almost imperceptible aircraft flies by. Starfish feels she will loose the kelp she had for breakfast, but soon enough the ship makes a sharp deceleration and drop just in front of a very surprised monk, between him and the entrance of what looks like a warehouse. He grits his teeth and jumps back, just as the hatch bursts open. Agent Owl jumps out of the Screech landing with a hand on the pavement, slowly looking up at the monk. Starfish soon follows albeit she is a little dizzy from the speed fly.
The monk can't suppress a smile. "Persistent little bird, aren't you? It seems you want me to show you true power. And you brought anther weakling to compensate for your weakness? Hm, it matters not, I am at a different level than you both. Prepare to receive the judgement from the Fist of Buddha!" he spits the words. You find him a little different than before, while a few moments ago he was collected and with few words he was now more emotional it would seem. Evidently you can piss off a monk.

Roll initiatives! He got a 16.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Teleporting

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:49 am

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 1
Condition: Normal

Camus wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:40 am
"Persistent little bird, aren't you? It seems you want me to show you true power. And you brought anther weakling to compensate for your weakness? Hm, it matters not, I am at a different level than you both. Prepare to receive the judgement from the Fist of Buddha!" he spits the words. You find him a little different than before, while a few moments ago he was collected and with few words he was now more emotional it would seem. Evidently you can piss off a monk.
If one could see Agent Owl's face beneath the mask it'd show an annoyed frown, "Nothing so grandiose," she sighs in response as she stands back up to a proper stance, "You just have stolen property."

OOC
----------------
Initiative of 7, damn it dice-roller.

Post Reply