Conflux City Guardians

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Camus
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Elevator shaft (Alecto's Ooze)

Post by Camus » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:13 pm

The creature gurgles as it oozes into the elevator shaft. As soon as this happens, the occupants of the transport hit the emergency break. Your telepathic link can tell you that there are two creatures with the ooze, but the creature lacking eyes or anything else but tremor sense, it is all you can tell about them.

OOC: Roll initiative for the ooze.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Prof Weird
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Prof Weird » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:54 am

Alecto
HP : 1
Condition : fatigued

"Hmm - two people in the elevator. One of them SHOULD be the Councilwoman ..."
Elene groused as she grabbed a ream of paper, exited the supply room and headed for the copiers (someone exiting a supply closet without supplies would be unusual, and might be remembered after all !)
Since maintaining a Summon is a free action, Elene/Alecto can do other things. Like try to look like she belongs.

Primordial Ooze Initiative _: 1D20+0 = [17]+0 = 17
- a pretty good roll, despite no bonus !

MissRo
Posts: 365
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:18 am
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by MissRo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:29 am

The Amazing Mrs. Perkins
HP: 1 - LP: 0 - Staus: Bruised 1


Pru offered Myra an apologetic smile.

"These lads 'round here are pretty strict on their rules, I'm afraid. I shouldn't be long, but if you'd like a ride somewhere 'fore I go it wouldn't be a problem."

OOC: I'll continue after Flynnzy's reply.

Flynnarrel
Posts: 1070
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:39 am

Myra opens the comm channel to include the teleporter's comm. "Looks like I am coming to you, afterall, Agent Owl." Myra says into her comm. She looks up. "Shamapki residence, please." she says to Mrs. Perkins. "And call if you need us."
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Teleporting

Post by Camus » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:00 pm

Prudence is as diligent as always in teleporting Starfish next to Agent Owl at the manor, before popping into the embassy once more.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Shamapki Manor (Agent Owl)

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:31 pm

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 1
Condition: Normal

Camus wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:07 pm
"Agent Owl! Thank goodness!" The elderly man stands up, barely. "I don't how did they manage to get here! He-he killed everyone! He took the relic! We must stop him, if they-" he pauses suddenly, gabbing his chest. You see his eyes widen for a moment, "I... I must calm down..." he says, attempting to sit down on the floor again.
Having gotten Starfish's confirmation that she'll be here, Agent Owl kneels down to Shamapki's level and looks right at him, "They'll what?" she asked him. "They want it for something and you're the only person in this room who might know what it actually is. Plus this relic isn't the only time your name has come up regarding these monks. What is going on?"

MissRo
Posts: 365
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:18 am
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by MissRo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:35 am

The Amazing Mrs. Perkins
HP: 1 - LP: 0 - Staus: Normal


Pru nodded to Starfish, who she'd decided she quite liked. "Same goes for you. I'm never far away."

She returned to the embassy with a few quick jaunts, though she allowed the guards to usher her inside rather then causing any sort of scene by 'porting directly into Tom's office. She smiled as he opened the door, leaning in to give him a peck on the lips.

"Hello, dearest. I need to talk to you, in private. It can't wait."

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

British Embassy [Prudence]

Post by Camus » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:22 pm

Thomas was stranged by her wife's request, and scratching the back of his head, a tick that Pru had noticed more than once when her husband is nervous, said "Of course, of course, would you like a cup of tea? We can talk in the kitchenette."
The kitchenette is spacious and devoid of people. A few small and extremely brittish tables and chairs populate the mayority of the room, with a small stove and some utensils, tea cups and plates. Tom, with the practice that only endless repetition gives, prepares the tea. "It's strange of you to come to work for a talk dear, must be something serious I take?"
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Shamapki Manor (Agent Owl and Starfish)

Post by Camus » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:49 pm

More relaxed, Shamapki replies "These men are from the sect of the Heaven's Treasure. They are terrorists, don't let their flamboyant name deceive you. They have deep roots in India's past, and have shaped many events in the past of many countries, specially in Asia. When I was working in the secret service of India, we captured most of the sect and siezed their assets, releasing intelligence to other countries so they could exterminate the propagules of the Heaven's Treasure. However, a small group of the Heaven's Treasure's elite kidnapped my brother to blackmail me. The place where they were hiding was bombed seconds after they issued their demands." Shamapki slowly incorporates. "I thought that was the end of them. But a few months ago I received an threat, with the seal of the Heaven's Treasure. It said that "The new nation you helped create is only a mirage. The Eye of Buddha is upon your sand castle."." he makes a pause. "The Eye of Buddha is not casually mentioned here, I believed. And I was not wrong. It is a mythical artifact of unknown power. It is said to have been scattered around the globe by the 5 kings that served Buddha. But the truth is that my family has been tasked since those times to keep these artifacts safe and away from bad hands. The piece I had was one of them. I believed I could protect them, keep them safe. I gathered them in Conflux City, and put them under layered surveillance. But the monks were always one step ahead of me, they knew how and where to strike as if they could read my very thoughts... There is no telling what the Heaven's Treasure is going to do with the Eye of Buddha if the can assemble it back again."
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

elevator Shaft [Alecto's Ooze]

Post by Camus » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:56 pm

The Ooze is quite quick to react, but not quite. One of the persons in the elevator takes action first and shoots the ooze.

Initiative: Person 1, Ooze, Person 2.
Person 1 attacks the Ooze with a gun and hits it. Ooze needs a toughness DC 22. Its the Ooze turn now.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Conflux City Council building [Alecto]

Post by Camus » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:01 pm

Your commlink with Legion buzzes. "Comrade! Our cover has beZZZZZ blown! They kneZZZZll along! I'm ZZZking fire, need ZZZZsistance!" as soon as the communication dies, you see thick sheets of protective metal slide quickly over the wide windows of the building... Soon you'll be trapped inside.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Conflux City Council building [Velocity]

Post by Camus » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:05 pm

It has been a few months since you moved to Conflux city. You moved not because Conflux city has a unique civic structure, or because you loved the ocean, nor because health insurance here is terrific. You are hunting. Last year you came into contact with the entity known as Legion. Legion is an entity that possesses the bodies of other senteint being and uses them as proxies. Of course he is not a nice guy. The megalomaniac villain employed the most unexpected person to carry out its twisted ways. In your last battle with the demon, he took possession of your uncle's body to escape from you after you defeated his last proxi. Unable to hurt your uncle, you had to let him go. And you followed him to where you are standing now, Conflux city. After a few weeks you found your uncle with no memories of the past few months, and Legion nowhere to be found. You made yourself a living in this city, while searching for Legion. Your scattered minor heroics called the attention of the government. Your independence from other super teams had get you an invitation to the Guardians by Councilwoman Yamamoto herself. An invitation you denied. However, you uncle insisted in keeping in touch with such a high ranking officer. And considering him a wise man, you did that. You didn't expect that decision to come in knocking at your door, or actually, your phone, so soon. As you picked up the phone the Councilwoman didn't even let you say your name. "I need you at Conflux City Council building. Now."
Seconds later you were there. Not at the building's entrance, no no. You were standing next to Yamamoto. You had run up the walls and slipped between the closing sheets of metal that were enclosing the building. Yamamoto, a middle aged japanese woman whose eyes could cut steel if she tried hard enough, said "You are late. I've found Legion, security cameras got him switching bodies with our former chief of security weeks ago. We've led him and an associate of his into a trap. I'm engaging the other subject, and I expect you to deal with Legion." she pressed a button on her desk and a monitor broadcasting a security camera footage shows a man behind a set of turned tables exchanging shots with the security guards.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Prof Weird
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Prof Weird » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:26 am

Alecto, and Ooze
HP : 1
Condition : fatigued, annoyed (but otherwise fine)
Ooze toughness vs DC22 _: 1D20+8 = [7]+8 = 15
- failed by 7. Ooze toughness at -1, dazed !
The bullet rips through the Ooze's form, scrambling and dispersing a bit of its essence.

So, in response the Ooze merely explodes in a burst of acidic mucus, coating everyone in the elevator, then slowly pulls itself back together.
ooc : Burst Area Damage 6, Secondary effect. Everyone in elevator makes a DC16 Dodge for half damage; take that damage again next turn !
While Elene was dealing with the unusual sensations coming from the summoned monstrosity, her commlink activates. "Comrade! Our cover has beZZZZZ blown! They kneZZZZll along! I'm ZZZking fire, need ZZZZsistance!" Legion states, and as soon as the communication dies, thick sheets of protective metal slide quickly over the wide windows of the building...

"Where are you ?" she asks, listening for the sound of gunfire.
ooc : Trying a Perception check, just in case it is of any use _: 1D20+8 = [7]+8 = 15
- the EXACT same roll ?!?!?

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Teleporting

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:04 am

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 1
Condition: Normal
Camus wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:00 pm
Prudence is as diligent as always in teleporting Starfish next to Agent Owl at the manor, before popping into the embassy once more.
"Good you're here," Agent Owl said rather simply. Silently though she thought to herself, "So she can teleport blind; good to know."
Camus wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:49 pm
More relaxed, Shamapki replies "These men are from the sect of the Heaven's Treasure. They are terrorists, don't let their flamboyant name deceive you. They have deep roots in India's past, and have shaped many events in the past of many countries, specially in Asia. When I was working in the secret service of India, we captured most of the sect and siezed their assets, releasing intelligence to other countries so they could exterminate the propagules of the Heaven's Treasure. However, a small group of the Heaven's Treasure's elite kidnapped my brother to blackmail me. The place where they were hiding was bombed seconds after they issued their demands." Shamapki slowly incorporates. "I thought that was the end of them. But a few months ago I received an threat, with the seal of the Heaven's Treasure. It said that "The new nation you helped create is only a mirage. The Eye of Buddha is upon your sand castle."." he makes a pause. "The Eye of Buddha is not casually mentioned here, I believed. And I was not wrong. It is a mythical artifact of unknown power. It is said to have been scattered around the globe by the 5 kings that served Buddha. But the truth is that my family has been tasked since those times to keep these artifacts safe and away from bad hands. The piece I had was one of them. I believed I could protect them, keep them safe. I gathered them in Conflux City, and put them under layered surveillance. But the monks were always one step ahead of me, they knew how and where to strike as if they could read my very thoughts... There is no telling what the Heaven's Treasure is going to do with the Eye of Buddha if the can assemble it back again."
"So instead of passing along warnings, or even monitoring, you ended up doing most of the work for them," Agent Owl scoffed, "Well with luck, we won't have to find out what they'll do with it. Starfish, we should go now," Agent Owl told her teammate as a noise sounded from outside the window; looking outside the Screech Owl was hovering just outside the window, cockpit open for people to step in.

"Oh..." Agent Owl then realized something, stopping her walk to the window and turning to face Shamapki, "Shamapki. The bombing that attacked the kidnappers' base. What was recovered from the ruins?"

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Shamapki Manor (Agent Owl and Starfish)

Post by Camus » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:30 pm

The old indian man lowers his face as you recriminate him, evidently ashamed. "I guess I am too old..."

At your question the man seems surprised. "Not much, the charred remains of the bodies of the monks and my brother. Why?"
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Post Reply